Rage Quitters in Online Games NEED to be banned

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Seek help, please. Banning paying customers because their internet had an issue?

I recommend a straight jacket.
This is how I see it; I live in a historic town, and can't get good internet at present.

Being punished for something that is basically out of my control seems ridiculous to me.
Games should be better designed.

It should just count as a loss. It's a bigger problem in team games but if the others want to continue AI or a new player should take over.

As much as I hate to agree with Doomer No. 1, he has a very good and valid point here. (y)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
As much as I hate to agree with Doomer No. 1, he has a very good and valid point here. (y)
That comes from my days playing Dota, the game should be able to tell when a match is 99,99% decided and at least offer everyone an option to just leave. I never found turtling when the game is already decided enjoyably at all, it's just an invitation to more toxicity.

Even on conventional sports like the NFL, if you already won you don't go back and kick and unnecessary field goal just to waste everyone's time or start to manage the clock on a game that is completely out of reach.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
lol cry about losing a match in your toy. Put the rage quitter on your block list and move on are you kidding me

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No, that wasn't strictly talking about rage quits, he was talking about internet issues.

And anyone can have internet issues even with high speed fibre. Common.

As for gaming Karen, lol, the entitlement displayed in this thread is pretty telling on who the Karen's are: those that want people to be banned from a game they paid for because there was an internet disconnect.
First, read the title.
second, he clearly states that if you disconnected, you should be given time to reconnect. I don't see anywhere where he says about banning, he spoke about if you are abusive rage quiter.
Third, he clearly speak 3/4 about rage quiters and how commonly that is on that game, and doesn't matter if you paid, you shouldn't be entitled to be an asshole to other people in the end, i paid for the game too.

Reactions: Box

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
First, read the title.
second, he clearly states that if you disconnected, you should be given time to reconnect. I don't see anywhere where he says about banning, he spoke about if you are abusive rage quiter.
Third, he clearly speak 3/4 about rage quiters and how commonly that is on that game, and doesn't matter if you paid, you shouldn't be entitled to be an asshole to other people in the end, i paid for the game too.
Slightly off-topic, but I do think it's funny that you're talking about rage while you have an avatar of a character that is all about rage. :love:

God Of War Kratos Dancing GIF by PlayStation

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The best way to do matchmaking is to match people that do the same thing. You ragequit, you get matched with other ragequitters. You cheat, you get matchmaked with other cheaters

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
First, read the title.
It's only the first sentence from the first paragraph.

Even If someone disconnects by accident, or on purpose.. if you have crap internet, that’s not our problem. why should everyone else have their gaming experience ruined?

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The best way to do matchmaking is to match people that do the same thing. You ragequit, you get matched with other ragequitters. You cheat, you get matchmaked with other cheaters.

DotA 2 style :

Behavior and Communication Scores
Every player already has a behavior score, a number between 0 and 10,000 which reflects the quality of your actions in-game. Players will now also have a communication score, which reflects the quality of their in-game chat and speech interactions. Current behavior scores carry over into the new system, but the cap for both new behavior score and communication score has increased to 12,000.

Before, a player’s behavior score only affected who they got matched with. Now, it will also affect the features they’ll have access to, such as post-game item drops, game pausing, and ranked play. Likewise, communication score will affect pinging ally abilities, coaching, tipping, text and voice chat. If a communication score gets low enough, that player will be text and voice muted, and all other communication will be on a thirty-second cooldown.

Honestly, after playing League of Legends for a number of years and having mentally unstable manbabies run it down mid after a minor thing goes wrong, I'm completely immune to being griefed in my games.
I'm maximum zen about the whole thing.

It's just a game.