Votes: 3 8.3%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
B-. Maybe C+. I think it will get better now.

As a console, it has been great. Powerful, silent, cool and faster then PS4. Controller is great too and longer battery than DS4.

B- based on the games. Returnal, Demons Souls, Spiderman 2, R&Clank, FF16, FF7remake, Stellar Balde, Helldivers 2, RoR etc.
Was disappointed Ranarok, GT7 and Horizon 2 were cross gen and obviously the PC ports of these exclusives.

C+ if its based on my PS4 gen expectations. First reveal month or so showed us FF16 and Ragnarok, Returnal and I thought we were gonna banger announcements every show after.
I thought we would of seen a ND game, Cory’s game and GOT2 by 2024. And maybe a couple more from the other PS studios. Plus something like a Miyazaki exclusive and maybe a Persona 6. None of that is out of the realm of fantasy and happened before.

2025 and onwards has to have multiple main studio releases and more, no crossgen, PS5 exclusives.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I will give it an A just based on them giving us Returnal, Rebirth, GT7, Stellar Blade and the upcoming Astrobot. Everything else is just a bonus

Edit: Dont care much for ND, Guerrilla and Insomniac games. Just hope Cory delivers on his game and we get an epic sequel for Tsushima

• brain
Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Best PS game ever made (minus bloodborne)
Its in the top for me. Bloodborne number 1.
Then games like TLOU1-2, God of War series, Uncharted 2/4, Returnal. Also old school games like Jak n Daxter, Shadow of the Colossus

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Probably their best generation ever.

+ System quality, UI and performance are the best ever
+ Games are the best you can find
+ Basically everything is there

People trend to forget but PS1, PS2, PS3 and even PS4 games have a lot of issues with OS and games performance.

PS5 due the quality of life improvements the first console that you can't back to use the previous ones.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
C. I think it will go down in history as a very average console. Negatives being part of the first generation where technology has outrun the human ability to take advantage of it, longer dev times and crossgen leading to fewer exclusives.

Also, it looks ugly.

Reactions: Bryank75

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
B for now, not unsatisfied...Im just lacking the ND entries to make me..
Spider-Man Face GIF

..my pants.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
C

- Mark Cerny did a great job with the hardware, it's all around great.

- The Insomniac partnership acquisitions and FF timed exclusives bailed them for the first four years.

- Internal studios have been extremely slow to release or even announce games, to the point that is hard to even come up with an explanation of why it's taking them so long to do anything.

- The wave of cross gen games we got in the first 3 years was rather disappointing.

- The PC pivot seems to be made at the expense of PlayStation and again and again Sony seems to go out of their way to treat PlayStation players worse. Their PC moves seem desperate and poorly thought through like they are willing to sacrifice long term advantages to cash in small sums in the short term.

- Sony has been an awful parent company and doesn't seem to value the PlayStation business as much as they should and to me they are setting that division for failure. They clearly were not willing to invest what was necessary for them to build on what the PS3 and PS4 had done.

- There is no excitement like there used to be in the past with big games being revealed all the time, including ambitious new IPs.

- They never bother with the small details, obvious things like a port to PSVR2 of Astro Bot or a Bloodborne remaster are completely ignored while we get completely nonsensical ports like R&C and Sackboy for PC.

For the sake of comparison I would give Xbox and F. PlayStation has done the bare minimum for now and if the last 4 years are disappointing the rating could easily fall to a D.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Excellent console, excellent games. Horrible communication and roadmap. Also, lack of support for PSVR2.

Need a big showcase.
That's where I am.

They have the hardware and games.

However the business side...showcases, building excitement, communication and importantly pricing are all not good or something are just plain bad.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sometimes I don't watch what I see in my twitter trends but this time :D
It was like seeing a lot of posts here in ICON.

Man PS5 is basically killing in games this year and people keep crying :D

Echoing what I’ve been saying forever now. The games are coming, at a fast pace, and at high quality. Those who cannot see it, are silently wishing that Sony put their core studios in call of duty release timing. Do you want them to be milked out…. Or do you want every title to be a statement?

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Score B-
Too many stumbles that are starting to add up and dragging down not only the brand/image, but it's starting to poison casual/normies' thoughts about Playstation. Of course, it's NOT just Playstation (*cough* Xbox Propaganda machine *cough*).

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The score is worth B+ arm, I think as soon as Astro hits, it will be upgraded to an A+

I don't really care about PC stuff at all,

I will say their communication on giving us a list of what's around the corner could be a hell of a lot better with a show or too. very poor communication.

Also looking forward to the ps5 I think that will be amazing and a massive highlight for sony fans this year.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
I gave them a D.
I didn't give them an F because Xbox exists and somehow that fumbled even harder.
The biggest reason for this score? They don't make weebshit anymore. I need weebshit.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I gave them a D.
I didn't give them an F because Xbox exists and somehow that fumbled even harder.
The biggest reason for this score? They don't make weebshit anymore. I need weebshit.
Idk man…. 2 AAA Final Fantasy games, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin? No denying they aren’t as weeb this gen though.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Idk man…. 2 AAA Final Fantasy games, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin? No denying they aren’t as weeb this gen though.
The Final Fantasy games are timed exclusives and are not developed by or even published by Sony. I don't consider them relevant to Playstation. The PS5 has a decent selection of 3rd party titles, I don't deny. I just mean Sony themselves aren't really doing much in terms of Japanese games. Stellar Blade was pretty cool though.
I just
I want Ape Escape, Freedom Wars, Gravity Rush, Dark Cloud, Okage: Shadow King, Legend of Dragoon...That sorta thing.