• F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Barely keeping up with ps4 isn’t dominating. They should be at 80m+ sold by now
I think really the big difference is economic climate. People have way less disposable income post pandemic due to inflation and corps grabbing all the gains in wealth.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I think really the big difference is economic climate. People have way less disposable income post pandemic due to inflation and corps grabbing all the gains in wealth.
And how does Sony respond? By raising console prices and subscription prices? On consoles they were already profiting on?😂 Which is one of many reasons why they get a D.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
And how does Sony respond? By raising console prices and subscription prices? On consoles they were already profiting on?😂 Which is one of many reasons why they get a D.
Meh, they are already having reduced profit margins so it's understandable. I did rate their company performance as a C as imo they are too focused on short term results. Sadly that is what it takes to remain "competitive" in the current stage of capitalism, we have a huge bubble in asset valuation that keeps trying to expand unsustainably. Rather than prepare to weather the crash Sony is trying to ride the wave.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The price rise of the console in Europe was due they were LOSING money… the opposite of having profit.

They where profiting with disc mode sold at $499 in US… Europe economy changed after pandemic and they were losing there.

And before I forget… they never had profit with the diskless model.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
A- for me.

Best launch of any console for me with Astrobot, Sackboy, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls (and Buggsnax) in my case PS collection with Days Gone as well.

Hardware wise silent, speedy, design no complaints, Only the size caught me off guard but it has grown on me ''floating'' horizontally.
Dual Sense is the best controller ever made and fixed my biggest complaint about PS, it feels premium, the haptics which I thought would be a gimmick, impressed me and immerses me more. Plates, Edge, VR2, other peripherals they upped it.

Games wise Astrobot, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Ratchet, GT7, Horizon, FF16 impressed me. While some are cross-gen the features and benefits like 60fps, SSD, haptics made me actually appreciate the PS5. Indies been great, some ties in with the revamped PS+; Hades, Kena, Stray, Sifu, Sea of Stars, Humanity, Animal Well. Third party has been great with Elden Ring, BG3, Tekken 8, RE4 remake, Armored Core, Hogwarts. This year has been insane as well with FF7 Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade can't even keep up with other titles.

The PS5 absolutely crushes the PS4 gen in the same time-frame.

Criticism: Price increases & while the PC ports don't affect me as much since consoles are still optimised but the moment that is gone.. worries me. Some 3rd party deals didn't hit for me or disappeared for example Deathloop, Ghostwire, Forspoken demo. KoToR/Little Devil Inside both kinda disappeared.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Those who cannot see it, are silently wishing that Sony put their core studios in call of duty release timing. Do you want them to be milked out…. Or do you want every title to be a statement?

No1 was asking for that.

Fans like me just expected Playstation to expand their current studios after 9billion profit from PS4. Like how Insomniac was expanded, producing multiple titles.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I gave it a B. They came out the gate with a stellar first 12 months in terms of releases. But they have been shitty in backwards compat, and kind of shitty of making more Playstation style titles. Astrobot's reception I think is the turning point in a bunch of stuff that really has not panned out as well. LIke PSVR2 being winding down investment wise.

I think they should have just made a headset, and made it PC compatible at the start. The tech in it is what PC players want for the highend. Specially for SIM titles like racers.

I think they could have got more feedback and signed more VR developers from the indie scene that could have helped them sell it better than spending millions on games like call of the wild.

Ico

8 May 2024
its a B for me, i love the hardware, best controller i ever had.
Game wise they had a good start with some cool PS5 exclusives and a few good crossgen titles, but honestly theyre slowing down quite a bit during this mid-gen period, if they hadnt 3rd party support (some due to xbox being so unpopular and the switch being so weak) it would be a C gen right now, lets see what we will get for 2025-26, hopefully astro bot starts a new beginning

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I love it. But what I love about is iterative from the last gen.

Destiny, Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and God of war VS Destiny, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk and Ragnarok.

Thing is Witcher 3 and Bloodborne hit harder for me than those studios’ previous games I liked… give zero fucks about naughty dog games and spider-man.

I still expect this gen to run long like 360/PS3 gen and still hoping to see newer ideas pop off.

A- right now.

Reactions: Sircaw and ethomaz