• F

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
B.

We got 2 first party game announcements.

Concord looked good for what it is. GOTG meets Overwatch.

That GOWR PC port being the second trailer pissed me right off. They don’t belong in a state of play and neither do Sony games.

Not to keen on these Chinese Korean DMC/Souls clones we keep seeing every show. Lost count how many there are and how similar they look.

Astro was the saving grace. Almost brought a tear to my eye. Looks incredible. 50 worlds they say.

Biggest surprise was how early Concord and Astro Bot are releasing. I expected Christmas time for both. Getting them a lot earlier.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
D

More gameplay from the action and RPG games would have nudged up the score.
Astrobot looks great
Minus points for the CGI opening and hero shooters.
Lol for showing off a PC port and bragging about super wide support, DLS and unlimited frame rate. Way to cuck the userbase.
POE couch co-op is a winner.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Absolutely an 'A' for me.

I really really enjoyed it. First and foremost Astrobot looks amazing, all the envirements, all the the refrences to games like Shadow of the Collosus & God of War: Ragnorok, so many different gameplay aspects.

Where wind meets & Infinite Nikki both looked great in what they wanted to achieve. I'm particularly the target audience for Where wind meets I think, platinum'ed both niohs and very much like the combat of Sekiro.

I was not expecting Dynasty Warriors Origins by Koei Tecmo, that took me by surprise.

The visuals and atmosphere of Silent hill is excellent, but when they were talking the motion capture was weak, in my opinion.

Until Dawn is not a title I have played before so I don't really know what to expect but the UE5 visuals in atmosphere were definitely there.

Monster Hunter Wilds is very very surprising. They showed a ton of key gameplay segments, they showed story, how they were gonna tackle ope world elements, from what they revealed I believe it's going to have much more voice acting which is something I hope is true.

I've already said that Concord looks very well made, they've made the balance between actual gunplay and abilities rather that just abilities like Rivals and OverWatch. It definitely leans in more on gunplay though.

I'm glad they are going to do a beta test rather than just launch. I'm interested in seeing the price of it. The graphics were great as well, I'm wondering how Firewalk managed to pull this together since they showed the teaser.

Astrobot looks crazy good In particular, Asobi was cooking all along 🔥.

For a 35 minute show, it was amazing.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I voted D even though I wanted to vote C due to astrobot

It simply didn't have much that appealed to me. Some of the chinese stuff was okay, behemoth was ok... other than that hard pass

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
F. Just plain bad.

Though I would be excited about Astro Bot but I didn't feel anything (possibly because I was subjected to this awful State of Play before it).

Concord looked like generic garbage that could've been pitched by ChatGPT and I can't even remember anything else.

GoW Ragnarok on PC is just insulting, Square Enix should try to work with Nintendo going forward and refuse to green lit any game that isn't going to be released for the Switch 2 (would help them save on development costs as well).

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and toadsage44

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Meh, as expected. I give it a D, and that's being generous. Dynasty Warriors Origin looked pretty cool. I didn't give DW9 a chance because it looked awful, but I don't recall it having hoards of enemies that dense. Very cool if they're able to render that many enemies at once thanks to the PS5's hardware. Gaming just doesn't feel it has that magic anymore, but maybe it's because I'm getting older. In times like this, all I can say is thank God for my neverending backlog

Reactions: xollowsob and Diah

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
D for me. Astro bot was the highlight for me.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
One day of hype. Formulaic seasonal approach and partnerships obscure and ways off.

I thought it was fine. Otherwise also strange they didn’t platform Destiny for casual audiences and next week’s release whereas the other reveals cater to already existing audience.

I only really walked away with being completely sold on Path of Exile 2.

Concord is not for me but I won’t hate on making different shooters than what I’d enjoy.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Pretty much in line what I expected and what they've communicated for me it's a B-
Glad they finally gave a clear release schedule; Concord, Astro, SH2 & Until Dawn (Fall).
I honestly thought they looked good from the gameplay showings, expected a bit more from UD remake due to being UE5.
Was suprised Monster Hunter Wilds showed up, that elevated it for me, I assumed it would be on the Pro showcase. VR2 titles looked good and some new 2025 titles, it was nothing exceptional but also not as bad imo some make it out to be.

Ironically I was most hyped for Test Drive Solar Crown release date today and a bit disappointed Sony didn't include them in the show. Could'v benefited each other...

Reactions: Eggman

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Astro, MH Wilds, a couple of cool PSVR 2 games, Silent Hill 2 looking good. Concord and Until Dawn got dates. Nice surprises but I'm not enterely sold with Where Winds Meet, Ballad of Antara, Dynasty Warriors Origins.

Not for me but I think will have their audience who will love them: Concord, GoWR PC, Marvel Rivals (looks better than last time I saw it), Path of Exile 2, Infinity Nikky.

I'd say a C for me.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
image.png

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
D+, maybe C- if Where Winds Meet is playable offline.

Only interested in Astro and the 2 VR games otherwise.

SH2 would have given it half a point more, but with a SH direct around the corner, it was unnecessary to have it here.

Thankfully I didn't stay awake to see it and only cherry picked the trailers which interested me.

EDIT: Where Winds Meet seems to be online only, D+ it is then.

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I mean people complained that we didn't have any release dates for any games and now we have sony releasing Final Shape in June, Concod in August, with a beta in July, Astro Boy in September, and probably Until Dawn in October.

This absolutely buys them time for a Showcase in September.

Of those games, I'll only buy Astro Bot, but I'm pretty pumped for it.

Sony will spend the Summer on Helldivers, Destiny, and Concord, but once summer is over it's all about the PS5 Pro, which is again, what I actually care about.

They're pretty smart to focus on multiplayer games in the summer when people have the most time to play it, i.e. kids are out of school and getting the games out before CoD as we expected. I don't think anyone saw a beta coming as early as July though.

• sad
Reactions: arvfab

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I liked the show, for a SoP it was one of the better ones. B

Concord looks actually something I could play.

Astrobot Day 1!
Futurama Buy GIF