Votes: 5 7.9%
  • F

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
24 Jun 2022
image.png

Yep, basically.

I'm glad I'm sitting these events out going forward. Any worthwhile announcements I can easily catch up on anytime. No point torturing myself with a disappointing SOP or Showcase.

BTW this does extend to non-PS events too but, well, as this chart shows, the last SOP had very little that was unique to PlayStation consoles (y'know, exclusives) aside from Astro Bot.

Which will probably also get a PC port within a year, so no reason to assume it isn't a brief timed exclusive at best :/

TBF I liked Infinity Nikki. Seems like some Sailor Moon x Pokemon Snap 'ish. At least it's not another hero shooter, military sci-fi FPS or Soulsborne clone :/

Last edited:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
The average console user will be charged to play online, will be charged for cloud saves, the average console user is being taken for granted here.

For the average console user, paying for a yearly subscription is easier than dealing with PC jank.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
By that logic, every single E3 show was a slap in the face to PS fans since most of the games shown were made by third parties.
Nah, when we actually had good E3 we had plenty of actual exclusives.

E3s turned to complete shit around 2019, add that to the list of coincidence of things that happened just as Sony started to port their games to PC.

24 Jun 2022
By that logic, every single E3 show was a slap in the face to PS fans since most of the games shown were made by third parties.

E3 is (was) a multi-platform & multi-brand industry conference. And yes, SIE usually had multiple new genuine exclusives to reveal at their E3s, or at least more info on genuine exclusives from 1P & 3P.

PlayStation SOPs and Showcases are single-brand, multi-platform video presentations, which over time have increasingly provided less and less for console owners (the main customer base in that multi-platform ecosystem) in terms of genuine exclusives. I.e, genuine points of differentiation to buy a console for these games vs. getting the games on another platform like PC (mainly Steam).

The difference between these couldn't be any more obvious but, aloofers gonna aloof 🤷‍♂️

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
The game to buy on my list :

Astro

Sillent Hill 2

Monster Hunter Rise

Behemoth

Path of Exile

Ballad of Antara

Reactions: Kokoloko

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I can't decide if I give it an C or B. I'm leaning C since Astrobot isn't a PSVR 2 game or have a PSVR 2 mode as of now however I don't think this Showcase was horrible.

The reaction to this years Summer showing is the exact same as Sony's E3 2014 reaction. Everybody crapped all over what Sony Showed at E3 2014 because the big reveals were a White PS4 Destiny Bundle, Grim Fandango remake and LittleBigPlanet 3. Replace those games with Concord, Until Dawn Remake (Which was already revealed I admit) and Astrobot in 2024 and everybody is crapping all over PlayStation again.

I do think we a long overdue to see what Blue Point, Bends, Naughty Dogs next game, and Cory Barlogs new IP. At least Sony has Silent Hill 2 Remake this October like how PS3 and PS4 had Evil Within in 2014 tho.

I still find it funny how everybody thought Sony's E3 2014 showing was horrible when Xbox's E3 2014 showing had:
no Gears announcement what so ever, not even gears remastered was announced here it was at E3 2015
Halo Master Chief Collection which had Broken online until like 2018
Scalebound which was cancelled in early 2017
Project Spark which was the return of Conker and was abandoned super fast
Crackdown 3 which kept getting delayed until 2019 and released with out the cloud support stuff
and a phantom dusk remake that got cancelled and Darkside Game Studios got shut down and they decided instead to remaster the game instead

And Nintendo's Showing had:
A Zelda Wii U Game announced and would be delayed until 2017 and be switch launch title alongside the Wii U
Bayonetta 1 coming to Wii U with Bayonetta 2
Blurred footage of a Star Fox Game that they didn't fully reveal until E3 2015
Smash Bros 3DS getting Delayed out of Summer 2014 and now is releasing on October 3rd, 2014
amiibo toys that are practically physical DLC
Mario Kart 8 would be getting amiibo support
Captain Toad
And on twitch after E3 they revealed Project Codename steam, a 3DS game nobody really remembers despite it having Fire Emblem characters in it
They did have splatoon tho this year and it was fun but too bad you can't play that online anymore