Rate the State of Play

How do you rate the State of pLay on September 24?

• 1/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 2/10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 3/10

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 5/10

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 7/10

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • 8/10

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 9/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Ghost of Tsushima 2 Announced as Ghost of Yotei

IGN's Twenty Questions - Guess the game!​

Can you guess the video game?
Try to guess the game in 20 questions or less!

To start:
...try asking a question that can be answered with a "Yes" or "No".
000/250
Arguably the biggest announcement from the show today was that the sequel to Ghost of Tsushima will be arriving in 2025. The new game will be titled Ghost of Yotei and focus a new protagonist, Atsu. The announcement trailer gave us a pretty good look of what we can expect from the upcoming game from Sucker Punch.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Announced​

We got official confirmation that Horizon Zero Dawn is getting remastered for the PS5. Anyone who owns the PS4 version will be able to upgrade to the PS5 version when it comes out for $9.99. The remaster is arriving on October 31, 2024 and will include 10 hours of re-recorded dialogue as well as visual enhancements.

Monster Hunter Wilds Release Date Revealed​

Monster Hunter Wilds is officially coming on February 28, 2025. The new Monster Hunter title will be arriving on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. The new trailer we've included above showed off new monsters as well.

Astro Bot DLC Announced for Fall 2024​

Astro Bot arrived on PS5 earlier this month and we gave it a sparkling 9 out 10 review. The game is receiving a free DLC sometime in Fall 2025 that has five new online speedrun levels and 10 new bots to rescue.

The Midnight Walk Announced​

From the creators of Lost in Random comes a claymation style game with some rather Tim Buron-esque art. We do not yet have a release window for the The Midnight Walk, but you'll be able to play it on PS VR 2 or PS5.

Hell Is Us Gets a New Gameplay Trailer​

The new trailer for Hell Is Us showcased another horror game that looks a bit like a soulslike game. It includes sword combat, a drone on your shoulder, and does not yet have a release date for PlayStation.

Palworld Is Out on the PS5 Today​

If you've been hoping to dive into Palworld on your PS5, now you can! Although the Pokemon-like game is currently in a legal battle with Nintendo and the Pokemon company, it has officially come to Playstation.

Metro Awakening VR Arrives on November 7​

The upcoming VR game, Metro Awakening, received a new trailer and will be arriving on November 7, 2024.

Archeage Chronicles Is Releasing in 2025​

We got a new trailer for Archeage Chronicles, an upcoming soulslike game with a medieval setting and big scary bosses. The land of Auroria awaits you!

Lunar Remastered Collection Announced for 2025​

A remastered collection of the Lunar games has officially been anounced for Spring 2025. The collection will included updated visuals and wide-screen support.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge Radical Reptiles DLC Is Free and Out Now​

A new TMNT: Shredder's Revenge DLC was announced today and it's already out! You can currently download the new content for free, which includes a rmixed sountrack.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 Remastered Is Coming in December​

PlayStation accidentally leaked earlier today that Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1& 2 remastered will be arriving on December 10, 2024. The remaster comes with improved visuals for PS5 and PS4 and is arriving on the 25th anniversay of the original's release.

Hitman 3 VR: Reloaded Is Arriving In December​

Another PS VR2 game coming down the pipeline is Hitman 3 VR: Reloaded, which will be arriving in December 2024. The game will offer full dual wield and support various hand gestures. You can track ou tthe latest trailer above.

Fantasia Neo Dimension Is Arriving on December 5​

The upcoming RPG, Fantasian Neo Dimension will be arriving on PS5 on December 5. It's a tactical game from the creators of Final Fantasy.

Keanu Reeves Will Headline a Sonic x Shadow Generations DLC​

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is arriving in theaters later this year, but before that happens, his voice will be appearing in the upcoming DLC for Sonic x Shadow Generations.

LEGO Horizon Adventures Arrives on November 14​

The upcoming LEGO and Horizon collaboration is coming to PS5 and PC on November 14, 2024. You can officially preorder the new game starting on October 3, and we will see if it makes our list of the best LEGO games.

Towers of Aghasba Early Access Announced​

The upcoming city building game Towers of Aghasba hass been announced for early access at the September State of Play. Starting in November 2024 you will be able to start playing the game on PS5.

Fear the Spotlight Gets a New Trailer​

Fear the Spotlight is a PS1-inspired horror game from Blumhouse. With a cozy aesthetic and pixelated visuals, you'll be able to enjoy this new horror title starting on October 22.

New PS5 Controller Colors Announced​

Although games were the biggest highlight of the show, Sony also announced a new line of PS5 Dualsense controllers. The Chroma collection of accesories includes Chroma Pearl, Chroma Indigo, and Chroma Teal, which you'll be able to preorder starting in October. You can check out IGN's guide to the best PS5 controllers to see more like this.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October 2024 Announced​

In addition to the other reveals from the show, PlayStation has also unvelied the lineup of games for PlayStation Plus games in October 2024. The new additions include WWE 2K24 and Dead Space, both of which we have reviewed very favorably.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Gave it a 7 /10

I wasn't sure expecting to see Ghosts there that bumped it up by 2.

I don't see many talking about it but the PS+ segment was absolutely Fire and they should be commended for it after the months of stripping the service of content.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
6/10

Astro, The Midnight Walk, Alan Wake 2 DLC, MHW, GoT 2, Stellar Blade DLC, Dino Crisis emulated, TLOUP1 in PS+, Cerny Remastered, GoT2 look really good

Hell is Us, Metro Awakening, Lunar, TMNT, Fantasian, Hitman VR, Lunar, Toer of Aghbasa or something like that, Lego Horizon, Horizon remastered looked ok/good

Dragon Age Wokeguard and the woke replacement of Jin are embarassing

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I am excited for some pro patched and any reason to play more stellar blade.
3/10 overall

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
6/10. Ghost of Yotei was great finally Sony is opening the bag a little with 1st party reveals. Some 3rd party stuff was good like Monster Hunter Wild. $10 upgrade path for Zero Dawn Remaster was very important to get out front and center for folks to know. And more games being enchanced for PS5 Pro was good. Metal Gear Delta being enchanced is huge.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
astro bot free dlc
hzd remaster being $10 actually surprised me, i was salty asf during some threads today lmao
monster hunter wilds release date was nice
ghost of yotei was amazing, nice to have a big singleplayer game to look forward as i said in the other thread

so with updates and one good reveal i gave it a 7

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
9/10.

Man Sony keep delivering with games.
If they had another big PS franchise reveal then it should be 10/10.

BTW 2025 is already set…

GoY
Wolverine
Death Stranding 2
Marathon

🔥🔥🔥

Wolverine is 2026, but yes, Death Stranding, Ghost of Yotei, and Marathon... that's a pretty big year.

As for the show I'll be playing

Ghost of Yotei
Lunar Remastered Collection (maybe not day 1, I'd buy this for probably 20 dollars and I'm guessing they'll drop it for 40)
Astro Bot free DLC
Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered (upgrade)
Dead Space Remake via PS+

I'm curious but not sold on
Fantasian Neo Dimension
Soul Reaver Remaster
Alan Wake 2, I'll wait for free on PS+ along with DLC
Monster Hunter Wilds
Lego Horizon Adventure

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
LUNAR saved it.
Fantasian also looks interesting, but the trailer had me rolling my eyes at things like the main protagonist being an amnesiac and the heroes talk about destiny and its like c'mon gimme something more juicy and unique. The dimensions thing is something to wonder about though! I've heard good things about the game nonetheless, so I'll keep an open mind.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wolverine is 2026, but yes, Death Stranding, Ghost of Yotei, and Marathon... that's a pretty big year.

As for the show I'll be playing

Ghost of Yotei
Lunar Remastered Collection (maybe not day 1, I'd buy this for probably 20 dollars and I'm guessing they'll drop it for 40)
Astro Bot free DLC
Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered (upgrade)
Dead Space Remake via PS+

I'm curious but not sold on
Fantasian Neo Dimension
Soul Reaver Remaster
Alan Wake 2, I'll wait for free on PS+ along with DLC
Monster Hunter Wilds
Lego Horizon Adventure
Soul Reaver and Fantasian are day one due nostalgia to me.
Lunar if it has trophies.
Lego Horizon day one due kids.

The others 2024 I’m not sure yet… GoY is day one for 2025.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Astrobot DLC
Stellar Blade x Nier
Soul Reaver
Fantasian
Ghost 2

I think this is the second SOP with a big first party reveal at the end.

I guess Showcases are done

Reactions: Sircaw