Rate the State of Play

How do you rate the State of pLay on September 24?

• 1/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 2/10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 3/10

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 5/10

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 7/10

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • 8/10

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 9/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
9/10

Maybe in the days where every conference had trailers for 3-4 AAA games this one wouldn't stack up but we've barely seen a game from Sony this gen

Also still have the DS2 content to come

Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
So Tsushima sequel is a girl protagonist? They just need to pussify everything. Who are the audience?

No issues on any protag type, but they already established a new ip - expectations set, and she will be the same guy just a sprite swap.
Kunoichi are historically a thing was that woke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
9/10

Maybe in the days where every conference had trailers for 3-4 AAA games this one wouldn't stack up but we've barely seen a game from Sony this gen

Also still have the DS2 content to come
man, sony been starving yall so long that you've dropped your standards like crazy lmao

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Kunoichi are historically a thing was that woke

There were female samurai as well.

Like Tsushima, I believe she will be both Samurai and Kunoichi. The games blend stealth and action.

I thought Sucker Punch might be in trouble because of ACS, but now I'm not so sure.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I gave a 7/10 due to the embarrassing Horizon remaster. At least it has a cheap upgrade path.
Otherwise, it would have been an 8.

Decent games in general, GoY looks amazing.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I can understand saving DS2 for TGS, but no Wolverine? Could it be it's being changed due to the leak?

Wolverine isn't coming out til 2026 per the latest Insomniac leak

I gave a 7/10 due to the embarrassing Horizon remaster. At least it has a cheap upgrade path.
Otherwise, it would have been an 8.

Decent games in general, GoY looks amazing.

An optional cheap remaster somehow brings the show down a letter grade? lol...

Reactions: Dick Jones

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
So Tsushima sequel is a girl protagonist? They just need to pussify everything. Who are the audience?

No issues on any protag type, but they already established a new ip - expectations set, and she will be the same guy just a sprite swap.

This makes no sense if you actually played Ghost of Tsushima and Iki Island.

So many gamers have a weird obsession with playing as male main characters. I won't go into details on why that could be the case, but from a story telling perspective, Jin Sakai didn't have much room for character development. He got his revenge on Khoutan Khan. He developed the persona of the Ghost and broke the shackles of being an honorable Samurai. He broke links with his Uncle in order to do so. He settled his trauma surrounding his father's death...

His story was told.

Not sure how someone else's story is just Jin with a sprite swap, nor did I see much of outrage when Samanosuke Akechi wasn't the main character in Onimusha 2. Nor when Resident Evil 2 starred two different main characters from the first game. Or when Resident Evil 3 starred yet another main character.

Like your only problem here is clearly that she is female.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
It's pretty clear that Sony is done with "Showcase" events and announcing games too early. They could have shown Ghost 2 and Astrobot years ago but they don't want to have another Wolverine, Last Guardian or Spiderman 2 situation.

I mean, Wolverine is MIA and people bitched about the first Spiderman 2 demo because it didn't look good enough.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Petekilla

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This makes no sense if you actually played Ghost of Tsushima and Iki Island.

So many gamers have a weird obsession with playing as male main characters. I won't go into details on why that could be the case, but from a story telling perspective, Jin Sakai didn't have much room for character development. He got his revenge on Khoutan Khan. He developed the persona of the Ghost and broke the shackles of being an honorable Samurai. He broke links with his Uncle in order to do so. He settled his trauma surrounding his father's death...

His story was told.

Not sure how someone else's story is just Jin with a sprite swap, nor did I see much of outrage when Samanosuke Akechi wasn't the main character in Onimusha 2. Nor when Resident Evil 2 starred two different main characters from the first game. Or when Resident Evil 3 starred yet another main character.

Like your only problem here is clearly that she is female.
the anti-woke crowd are such fucking snowflakes, now any time you got a woman lead it leads to a meltdown