Rate the State of Play

How do you rate the State of pLay on September 24?

• 1/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 2/10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 3/10

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 5/10

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 7/10

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • 8/10

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 9/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
7 for me,

Astrobot dlc
ghost 2

Also getting Deadspace remake for next month's games was a little plus for me

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Ghost 2!
Really happy with MH: Wilds date, sooner than expected
Stellar Blade X Nier DLC, I wanted something from Yoko Taro, did not expect this.
Horizon upgrade path and remastered by Nixxes & Astrobot content.
Not buckling under legal BS of Nintendo with Palworld
Great PS+ additions Dead Space & Dino Crisis!
Classic remasters of Lunar and Legacy of Rain
Metro & Agent 47 for VR2!
Hell is Us and that Clay game at the start looked interesting.

The first 3 things made it an 8 for me alone, might be inflated due to Ghost hype but for a SoP it was great for me.

Reactions: Entropi

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
For a state of play...not sure how to judge it. But its Sony big show of the year as there isnt gonna be show case yearly or ever.
7 for me or 6.5

Big PS studio game. GOY
Astrobot+ Stellar Blade DLC
Ps+ stuff
Lunar

An e3 like show would of been
Same +
RE9, seeing Marathon and another PS title. Another 1st or 3rd party surprise

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Solid 7 for me. Loved Midnight Walk and was intrigued by Hell is Us. I am cautiously optimistic for Yokai - looks georgeous - but suspicious of where the story will go. Plus Pro patch for Steller Blade which I still have to get to.

Reactions: Bryank75

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Good for people who like the new ghost game but I am out, hope they find the sales with the way their budgets are.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Got a 7 from me, mostly on the back of GoT2. But are they really doing a female protagonist? So lame and very western of them.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

Astrobot DLC
Stellar Blade x Nier
Soul Reaver
Fantasian
Ghost 2

I think this is the second SOP with a big first party reveal at the end.

I guess Showcases are done

I think there is zero chance we don't see Herman Hulst by the end of the year. Maybe he'll be at TGS, but for him to do nothing for the 30th anniversary of PS would be malpractice.

It was also interesting to see Until Dawn was a complete no-show despite coming out in less than a month. Sony is already boosting Silent Hill 2 way more than Until Dawn. Coupled with the layoffs, it doesn't look like Until Dawn is going to land, which makes its price point puzzling. Sixty dollars screams of confidence, but maybe they're looking to just milk as many people as they can.

With Ghost 2 revealed though and Death Stranding having a large expo at TGS, I'm not sure what else Sony could have up their sleeves for a showcase, but we still haven't heard from Naughty Dog, Bend, Bluepoint, or Media Molecule. Then there is also Venom, that must be coming out within the next year or so. We could also get teasers for Housemarque and some of these Horizon projects, as well as Fairgame$ if they don't end up delaying it. There's also Cory Barlog's game at Santa Monica.

It actually might have made sense to reveal Ghost 2 early and show it again at TGS in contrast to AC:S.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
So Tsushima sequel is a girl protagonist? They just need to pussify everything. Who are the audience?

No issues on any protag type, but they already established a new ip - expectations set, and she will be the same guy just a sprite swap.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So Tsushima sequel is a girl protagonist? They just need to pussify everything. Who are the audience?

No issues on any protag type, but they already established a new ip - expectations set, and she will be the same guy just a sprite swap.
If Sony still would have their PS HQ in Japan, this Western society BS wouldn’t have reached their gaming space. See Nintendo perfectly fine with their conservative reign…