Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What the mother fucking fuck??? SMH.

Delay the game until it's fucking ready Microsoft. I can wait a few more months. Jesus fucking Christ. The delay of Jedi Survivor to April 28th has now turned into a blessing in disguise.

Seriously, this is fucking horrible and such bullshit. Even solo is only 30FPS? I can see maybe 4 player un-tethered co-op but solo too? Fuck off.
You need to realize MS is not in the position to have delayed anymore... they are having delayed for 3 years already.
What you say is right and everybody will agree including Microsoft.

But their situation is somethine so specific now that any dealy can lead to big proportions because they can't find a way to sustain a regular release/delivery schedule.

Delay internally at MS is probaby a taboo... and can even result in lay-off.

24 Jun 2022
At this point MS better also start praying that FFXVI and Spider-man 2 will flop. Starfield can only do so much for Xbox even if we assume it will be a great game.

At the rate things are going, Spiderman 2 is going to obliterate most of Starfield's impact. At least on the console side of things.

MS's best hope is that the September rumor for Spiderman 2 is false. If not, then they might want to try an early premium release of Starfield in August just to have more time for it to build some presence.

But Series S is supposed to be 1080p 60fps.... I was told many times.

1440p 60 fps, actually 😉

I can see they have 60 FPS listed for Series S but I doubt that's going to be 1440p. Game's probably going to have dynamic resolution and it'll probably dip to 900p at points or lower on Series S 😬

What the mother fucking fuck??? SMH.

Delay the game until it's fucking ready Microsoft. I can wait a few more months. Jesus fucking Christ. The delay of Jedi Survivor to April 28th has now turned into a blessing in disguise.

Seriously, this is fucking horrible and such bullshit. Even solo is only 30FPS? I can see maybe 4 player un-tethered co-op but solo too? Fuck off.

Hey, this is the company you want to acquire more publishers, BTW.

Maybe now you can see why many of us have serious reservations as to that strategy of theirs.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
They canned the PS5 version for this?

Jim Ryan right now:
Black Panther Avengers GIF

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Most casuals don’t care about fps (or this game for that matter), but this is just ridiculous.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Come on, mate. Miracle, seriously? 😂
Maybe Forza going to be 60fps..
They need a miracle like FFXVI and Spider-man 2 both bombing, or multiple fires in factories that manufacture the Ps5, a sudden high failure rate for all produced PS5 console being found, the USA declaring war on Japan.

Forza isn't going to do shit, Xbox never suffered from lack of Forza games.

Is it that DirectX and Xbox series X hate each other or what?
We are about to find out that the tools that developers were having a problem with was DirectX aren't we? That would explain a lot of things both regarding Xbox and PC.

P

peter42O

But Free on gamepass, the entitlement is through the roof! 😂😝

Technically, it's not free. And my $10 monthly rental for Redfall has now been delayed indefinitely.

You need to realize MS is not in the position to have delayed anymore... they are having delayed for 3 years already.
What you say is right and everybody will agree including Microsoft.

But their situation is somethine so specific now that any dealy can lead to big proportions because they can't find a way to sustain a regular release/delivery schedule.

Delay internally at MS is probaby a taboo... and can even result in lay-off.

Microsoft is a $2T dollar company. They can afford to delay anything and everything. Every game gets ONE release and releasing Redfall which already has a decent amount of negativity around it at 30FPS is fucking asinine. And it's a FPS. Like I posted on XboxEra, Redfall needs to be delayed to at least September, Starfield to November. They MUST be ready. I personally have waited for games that I want to play for months/years so an extra few months or even a year isn't going to change that for me. Would prefer to wait a year and the game be ready as opposed to it releasing in the state that it's in and potentially dropping the game because it's just not worth playing. I will always accept a delay if it means the game launches in a better state. I'm one of the few who said that Halo Infinite should have been delayed for a second year because they had no post launch content ready and touching up the campaign more so couldn't have hurt.

Maybe now you can see why many of us have serious reservations as to that strategy of theirs.

True and agreed to an extent. I do want Microsoft to acquire more because it's better for me but at the same time, if a game or games need more time and should be delayed, then so be it. To simplify it, I would rather see Starfield and Redfall get delayed to 2024 as opposed to either be released when they're not ready.

I understand your argument and agree with the sentiment but my issue is that this is an easy solution - just delay the game until it's ready. Sure, Xbox fans will be pissed, Microsoft and Xbox will get bashed from all sides but let's be honest, how's that any different than any other day? I just want great games and yes, starting with Gears 5, I decided to never buy a Microsoft first party title ever again because why should I give them $60 or now, $70? Fuck that.

I was already one step ahead years ago but I do like Game Pass and I do like the business model of it as it's better for me as a consumer which is what I am. You have to realize, unlike other Xbox fans or PlayStation fans or Ubisoft fans, I don't see any of this as an investment. I see it all as a purchased product and it comes down to, am I happy with my purchase (meaning Series X) and thus far, actually I am for various reasons. This is the first time that im actually pissed off because game delay wise, they rarely bother me and sometimes, despite already being delayed, I will play a game and say that it still needed more time.

Microsoft just needs to take the "hits" and delay the game(s) if they're not ready for release.

Back to your issues with Microsoft acquiring stuff, nah, I do understand it. My issue isn't stuff like with Redfall. My issue is stuff like this with Redfall being an easy fix and solution and still won't do it for whatever reason.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They need a miracle like FFXVI and Spider-man 2 both bombing, or multiple fires in factories that manufacture the Ps5, a sudden high failure rate for all produced PS5 console being found, the USA declaring war on Japan.

We are about to find out that the tools that developers were having a problem with was DirectX aren't we? That would explain a lot of things both regarding Xbox and PC.
FF16, SM2 will sell at least 3M-4M at launch.

FF16 looks completely glorious. and best FF in years.
and SM2 is SM2, it won't flop anyhow, it is one of biggest IPs in the world.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
But they said Xbox series X was so powerful it could run natively games at 120fps

Tchia, who was made by 12 people, patched in a 60fps mode in one week.
That is what happens when a console maker spends more than 6 years listening to devs and building tools versus the other who just slapped some parts and said to everyone it had created a powerful console.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Technically, it's not free. And my $10 monthly rental for Redfall has now been delayed indefinitely.

Microsoft is a $2T dollar company. They can afford to delay anything and everything. Every game gets ONE release and releasing Redfall which already has a decent amount of negativity around it at 30FPS is fucking asinine. And it's a FPS. Like I posted on XboxEra, Redfall needs to be delayed to at least September, Starfield to November. They MUST be ready. I personally have waited for games that I want to play for months/years so an extra few months or even a year isn't going to change that for me. Would prefer to wait a year and the game be ready as opposed to it releasing in the state that it's in and potentially dropping the game because it's just not worth playing. I will always accept a delay if it means the game launches in a better state. I'm one of the few who said that Halo Infinite should have been delayed for a second year because they had no post launch content ready and touching up the campaign more so couldn't have hurt.

True and agreed to an extent. I do want Microsoft to acquire more because it's better for me but at the same time, if a game or games need more time and should be delayed, then so be it. To simplify it, I would rather see Starfield and Redfall get delayed to 2024 as opposed to either be released when they're not ready.

I understand your argument and agree with the sentiment but my issue is that this is an easy solution - just delay the game until it's ready. Sure, Xbox fans will be pissed, Microsoft and Xbox will get bashed from all sides but let's be honest, how's that any different than any other day? I just want great games and yes, starting with Gears 5, I decided to never buy a Microsoft first party title ever again because why should I give them $60 or now, $70? Fuck that.

I was already one step ahead years ago but I do like Game Pass and I do like the business model of it as it's better for me as a consumer which is what I am. You have to realize, unlike other Xbox fans or PlayStation fans or Ubisoft fans, I don't see any of this as an investment. I see it all as a purchased product and it comes down to, am I happy with my purchase (meaning Series X) and thus far, actually I am for various reasons. This is the first time that im actually pissed off because game delay wise, they rarely bother me and sometimes, despite already being delayed, I will play a game and say that it still needed more time.

Microsoft just needs to take the "hits" and delay the game(s) if they're not ready for release.

Back to your issues with Microsoft acquiring stuff, nah, I do understand it. My issue isn't stuff like with Redfall. My issue is stuff like this with Redfall being an easy fix and solution and still won't do it for whatever reason.
Delay is an option for you.
Not everybody is like you… others will choose to abandon the platform.

MA created a situation in their pipeline that talking about delays become an impossible task without lose userbase.

People are starving already and won’t accept well more delays.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

That miracle is impossible to happen.

Niche-man will be a success by name alone… being a great game will only potencialize and multiply the success.

And we already saw that bad FF games reached massive success with FFXV… even if FFXVI is bad the sales success are guaranteed.

P

peter42O

Delay is an option for you.
Not everybody is like you… others will choose to abandon the platform.

MA created a situation in their pipeline that talking about delays become an impossible task without lose userbase.

People are starving already and won’t accept well more delays.

If others choose to abandon the platform, that's their choice and Microsoft's fault. If Redfall is bad at launch, that could also lead to people abandoning the platform so either way, it's bad but at least a delay can still give you the chance of having a better game and experience at launch as opposed to what it currently appears to be.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If others choose to abandon the platform, that's their choice and Microsoft's fault. If Redfall is bad at launch, that could also lead to people abandoning the platform so either way, it's bad but at least a delay can still give you the chance of having a better game and experience at launch as opposed to what it currently appears to be.
You are right… I just pointing that maybe in MS situation there is no option at all… they have to release it and after task force to fix all things.

As the market already showed with others games it is more prone to accept rushed games that got fixed with regular patches than delays.

When you end fixing everything in your game you will be still congratulate for being a supportive developer.

People already forget Cyberpunk and are just highlighting how the life support of CDPR for the game is being awesome 🤷‍♂️

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You are right… I just pointing that maybe in MS situation there is no option at all… they have to release it and after task force to fix all things.
it is stupid as fuck to release in this condition and especially between Star Wars and Zelda. Even Diablo 4 and SF6. like they are shipping in with the mind to bomb. wtf they are thinking.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well, that’s terrible news (for the game). 30fps is substandard for modern online gaming.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
At the rate things are going, Spiderman 2 is going to obliterate most of Starfield's impact. At least on the console side of things.

MS's best hope is that the September rumor for Spiderman 2 is false. If not, then they might want to try an early premium release of Starfield in August just to have more time for it to build some presence.

1440p 60 fps, actually 😉

I can see they have 60 FPS listed for Series S but I doubt that's going to be 1440p. Game's probably going to have dynamic resolution and it'll probably dip to 900p at points or lower on Series S 😬

Spider-Man and Sf are two different games. Spider-Man is a 10-15 hour game and SF is supposed to be 100+. Most people will be done with Spider-Man in two weeks.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
it is stupid as fuck to release in this condition and especially between Star Wars and Zelda. Even Diablo 4 and SF6. like they are shipping in with the mind to bomb. wtf they are thinking.
It is not the first neither the last developer that do that… and they found success and praise after everything is fixed.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW if the game is good 30fps is fine.
Destiny was awesome even when it was 30fps only.

Games should focus more in the quality of the game and not what framerate target the developer choose.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom