Remasters that Sony should be doing instead of Horizon Zero Dawn, a full list

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They have enough useless studios, like Nixxes, who could do the work with other's studios games.

And the sad thing is, The Last Guardian was running at unlocked FPS on their initial release. With my physical disc I could play it like that, but they also had many fixes (I think even game breaking ones).
Nixxes should've been acquired to port games from PS3 to PS5, to update PS4 games that are locked at 30 to 60fps on PS5 like Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, The Order and etc, they should be doing everything to enhance the PS5 experience, not making it worse by porting games to PC where they'll run better

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Nintendo was too smart with the Switch, they've ported the vast majority of Wii U games to the Switch and resold them at full price, Sony could've done the same with PS3 to PS4, there are 40 million more PS4 consoles sold compared to PS3, a lot of people didn't play these games and they probably won't ever play since Sony doesn't give two shits about backwards compatibility or porting stuff that is still locked on PS3

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Nixxes should've been acquired to port games from PS3 to PS5, to update PS4 games that are locked at 30 to 60fps on PS5 like Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, The Order and etc, they should be doing everything to enhance the PS5 experience, not making it worse by porting games to PC where they'll run better
TLOU remake is still $70 on PSN and $60 on Steam, crossplay games Ghost of Tsushima/Helldivers require ps plus on console but not PC.... Sony has turned PlayStation into a joke this gen

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
TLOU remake is still $70 on PSN and $60 on Steam, crossplay games Ghost of Tsushima/Helldivers require ps plus on console but not PC.... Sony has turned PlayStation into a joke this gen
they really do think console players are clowns

Reactions: Nhomnhom

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
they really do think console players are clowns
with xbox dead, they pretty much have a monopoly and can do whatever they want to console owners. That's why they've become complacent and greedy, and why they're going hard on PC now. But it will backfire on them.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

That makes too much sense for modern Sony, they seem to hate money

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I agree with them all.

Id also add in Ico to be remade by Bluepoint/Demons Souls Japan team. That would of been done in 2/3 years

Also I wouldnt mind Uncharted 1 to be remade

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Lol, Killzone and Resistance, Horizon could sell circles around both of them.
Tbh we dont know. Just because Killzone and Resistence sold a certain number doesnt mean they wouldnt sell high numbers now.

PS games didnt sell close to 10million before the PS4 era with the exception of GT.
Then during the PS3 era ND games and God of War starting selling closer.

Now days games like Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon, Days Gone are all above 10million

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
That list is pathetic. Remaster games from PS1 and PS2, not games that are three months old.

twisted metal, demolition derby, wipeout, pandemonium, there's bloody loads.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
1 - Killzone Trilogy Remastered (Killzone 1, 2 and 3 remastered for PS4/5) *these games are stuck on PS3
I'd turn this into Killzone Collection, also including Killzone Liberation (PSP) and Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita).

2 - God Of War Remastered Collection (God Of War 1, 2, Ascension, Chains Of Olympus and Ghost Of Sparta) *both games are stuck on PS3/Vita
I'd include here GoW3, because it's available in PS4/5 but not in PC.

3 - Resistance Remastered Trilogy (Resistance 1, Resistance 2 and Resistance 3) *both games are still stuck on PS3
I'd include Resistance Burning Skies (Vita).
6 - LittleBigPlanet Remastered Collection (LittleBigPlanet 1, LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBig Planet Karting) *both games are still stuck on PS3
I'd make instead Little Big Planet 4, which would feature all the campaigns and user levels from all previous LBP games, also including the PSP one.

7 - Uncharted: The Golden Abyss (Remake or Remaster) *Game is Stuck on PSVita
I'd include it in a PS5+PC 4K remaster of the Nathan Drake Collection.

8 - Ratchet & Clank Remastered Collection (Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank Tools Of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Ratchet & Clank a Crack In Time, Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus, Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal, Secret Agent Clank, Ratchet Deadlocked) *both games are still stuck on PS3
The list is too big to be included in single collection, and maybe even for two collections.

9 - Heavenly Sword Remake or Remaster *the game is still stuck on PS3
Back in the time I loved this game but not sure if people would be interested to get it today, specially alone. The other collections weren't supersellers, but being collections of multiple games you add some extra value.

10 - Motorstorm Remastered Collection (Motorstorm, Motorstorm 2, Motorstorm Arctic Edge, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Motorstorm RC, Motorstorm 3D Rift) *both are still stuck on the PS3
That would be my favorite only behind this one:

11- Wipeout Alpha Collection (4K 120fps remaster of Omega Collection but adding the missing remastered circuits, ships, weapons, campaigns, music tracks of the series, particularly the ones from the earlier Wipeout games (Wipeout, Wipeout 2097, Wipeout 3/3 Special Edition, Wipeout 64), and on top of that adding full PSVR2 support for the entire game.

I guess Bluepoint is too busy working on their orginal game
After Demon's Souls they moved to a support studio role where they codevelop new games leaded by other studios, this is what they meant by "original content". The first one was GoWR, where their whole studio did work after Demon's Souls until basically GoWR release.

There's no game with Bluepoint as lead studio in the works, they are a relatively small team for AAA games and don't have a big enough game design team to lead a AAA (or even AA) project.
well, with Japan Studio now closed, i think it's pretty safe to say The Last Guardian won't ever run at 60 💀
It wasn't closed, it was restructured and split in two (Team Asobi and XDEV Japan). They have many people in both teams who worked in The Last Guardian. And in any case, to make a patch as seen by the unoficial mod don't need the original team, so if desired some engineer from other team could do it.

Hermen Hulst is useless
He's the most successful head of PS Studios/WWS ever. On top of that, he also grew PS Studios to the point they now have more teams than ever before and are working in more games at the same time than ever before.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
In forums there's always this hive mind that has a massive disconnect between what will work for business and what enthusiasts desire.

From the poll I made, most users in this place are PS OGs. You gotta understand that the PS you grew up with does not exist anymore and won't return.

Uncharted 2 might as well be the PS equivalent to the birth of Jesus. There's a clear divide between what was before and what was after. Everything that resembles the pre uncharted 2 style PS might as well not exist for the higher ups. To keep it simple, you might as well assume that the PS4 was Sony's first console. And guess what, for the core PS userbase these days it was.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
and... Uncharted Legacy Of Thieves Collection flopped, yeah, it's cheaper and easier to remaster a PS4 game and that's the point, these are just cash grabs, that's why there are a lot of rage everytime they do it, cause they could've done it for games that actually NEED it, they were making an Uncharted 1 Remake for PS5 but it was getting too expensive, then they cancelled it and made The Last Of Us Part I because it was cheaper, the results? brand damage and saturation of TLOU ip
Did It really flop though? We dont know the budget and sales expectations. For a cheap port I think It did alright. (At least on PS5)

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Until he gives you what you do want. In which case, you'll conveniently turn the other cheek. Funny that. He's an asshole now, but you'll bust when Tsushima 2 is revealed.
You are a loser, attacking people on every thread, sucking Sonys nuts and being a contrarian, and adding nothing to discussions 🤡

WTF does worthless Hermen have to do with GoT? A series that was green lit while he was still working on flops like Killzone? You’re one of those idiots that give Jim/Hermen credit for things they have nothing to do with. Sony is going down hill because of fools like you

Reactions: Danja1187