Report: Grand Theft Auto 6 will cost $2 billion.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Rumor retweeted by ZheugEx so it must have some credibility.

Grand Theft Auto 6 will reportedly cost $2 billion.

Been in development since 2014 and will be the most expensive entertainment product of all time.

Also 2 billion includes the whole development and advertising. And post launch content.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Pshhh pocket change!

I just hope they still have the humor I liked.... a lot of it was toned down or didnt hit as hard in GTAV. GTA4 still had it.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I think it's FUD, rhey would need at least 40 millions to break even if accounted for marketing costs.

Not to mention the online mode must be as impressive as GTA Online when it comes to grinding pocket of players.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think it's FUD, rhey would need at least 40 millions to break even if accounted for marketing costs.

Not to mention the online mode must be as impressive as GTA Online when it comes to grinding pocket of players.
This game will be around for at least 10 years so they plan on it being like a gaas and like GTAV which has sold well every single damn year since it's release, re-release and release plus.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Pshhh pocket change!

I just hope they still have the humor I liked.... a lot of it was toned down or didnt hit as hard in GTAV. GTA4 still had it.
Expect more toning down that's for sure.

But either way I am excited for this.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
This game will be around for at least 10 years so they plan on it being like a gaas and like GTAV which has sold well every single damn year since it's release, re-release and release plus.
What they're probably gonna do is have GTA V online be interconnected to the GTA VI online if you own both games. That was their original plan for GTA V online to have many maps from older games but the tech couldn't execute. Thast way they don't force anyone to leave GTA V behind.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What they're probably gonna do is have GTA V online be interconnected to the GTA VI online if you own both games. That was their original plan for GTA V online to have many maps from older games but the tech couldn't execute. Thast way they don't force anyone to leave GTA V behind.
That would be good! So many ppl have invested time and money on that. Haven't checked my penthouse in over five years!

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I expect with 2 billion budget, they gonna have 200h hour campaign, 300 missions, 700 side missions, map that 4 times larger than Los Santos. 700 different endings. 16 times the details of GTA V, the game gonna features top Hollywood actors like Johnny Sin and Mia Khalifa. The gunplay gonna be better than Destiny 2, missions more opened and complexed than Deus Ex HR, the graphics look like real life so I would never have to touch grass again.

• Surprised

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Pshhh pocket change!

I don't think even something as big as a Rockstar game will have the balls to go against the PC climate. Besides, how up to date would that humour be considering it started development eons ago.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It better, day one.

I expect with 2 billion budget, they gonna have 200h hour campaign, 300 missions, 700 side missions, map that 4 times larger than Los Santos. 700 different endings. 16 times the details of GTA V, the game gonna features top Hollywood actors like Johnny Sin and Mia Khalifa. The gunplay gonna be better than Destiny 2, missions more opened and complexed than Deus Ex HR, the graphics look like real life so I would never have to touch grass again.
You'll get a regular campain and then a lot of online content.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
great. looking forward to see what it will offer. GTA 5 in 2013 was wonderful game.

i am glad, that somebody else isn't afraid to create high end game, including Playstation.

Reactions: Danja1187

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't think even something as big as a Rockstar game will have the balls to go against the PC climate. Besides, how up to date would that humour be considering it started development eons ago.
Don't know about PC climate but I bet it skips a PC release for the first year. :ROFLMAO:

R* ain't going to invest $2B for PC players to pirate it day one.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Don't know about PC climate but I bet it skips a PC release for the first year. :ROFLMAO:

R* ain't going to invest $2B for PC players to pirate it day one.

With a game costing 2 billon can they afford to have a whole year, year and a half without PC MTX?

This is no longer about the single player game for them. They have to release an online game that is better than current GTAV that has a decade of work on top. I am sure most of the budget went to the online game.

GTA online might even cannibalize the new game since you can play it everywhere and I don't think it will much new to the table.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
With a game costing 2 billon can they afford to have a whole year, year and a half without PC MTX?

This is no longer about the single player game for them. They have to release an online game that is better than current GTAV that has a decade of work on top. I am sure most of the budget went to the online game.

GTA online might even cannibalize the new game since you can play it everywhere and I don't think it will much new to the table.
It ain't F2P so it will likely get the GTAIV, GTAV and RDR2 treatment from R*.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
GTA 6 Online is going to be INSANE! Rockstar hasn't yet but i pray they don't dissapoint with the graphics.