Report: Grand Theft Auto 6 will cost $2 billion.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I just hope they still have the humor I liked.... a lot of it was toned down or didnt hit as hard in GTAV. GTA4 still had it.
I'm also worried about it. With all the white signaling, wokism, cancel culture and so on dominating everything I think they won't be able to make a proper satire as they did in the past. In the past they would have make fun of everything including this.

But who knows, having generated $7.7B with a single game gives them some power putting them above many things and allows even ignore whose who would try to cancel them because of potatoes.

The thing is, Take 2 is a publicly traded company and if they invest $2.2B in something they won't want to risk being banned in some big country or get targeted by some campaign/controversy that could negatively affect their stocks or get complains from a major investor.

I expect with 2 billion budget, they gonna have 200h hour campaign, 300 missions, 700 side missions, map that 4 times larger than Los Santos. 700 different endings. 16 times the details of GTA V, the game gonna features top Hollywood actors like Johnny Sin and Mia Khalifa. The gunplay gonna be better than Destiny 2, missions more opened and complexed than Deus Ex HR, the graphics look like real life so I would never have to touch grass again.
Another thing I'm afraid of is that I assume that they'll move their budget focus from the single player campaign to GTA Online.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm also worried about it. With all the white signaling, wokism, cancel culture and so on dominating everything I think they won't be able to make a proper satire as they did in the past. In the past they would have make fun of everything including this.

But who knows, having generated $7.7B with a single game gives them some power putting them above many things and allows even ignore whose who would try to cancel them because of potatoes.

The thing is, Take 2 is a publicly traded company and if they invest $2.2B in something they won't want to risk being banned in some big country or get targeted by some campaign/controversy that could negatively affect their stocks or get complains from a major investor.

I feel we are starting to see the pendulum swinging the other way thankfully. Although if GTAVI was developed that long ago, it's story and culture references must be from the years where woke culture was peaking.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Another thing I'm afraid of is that I assume that they'll move their budget focus from the single player campaign to GTA Online.
They would never do that to the single player.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Hopefully we get a good Mod that removes all the Woke Nonsense that will be in this game

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Writers team cannot offend any group of people so good luck with "political correct" GTA

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
it's funny online incels cry more about things being "woke", but when asked it's just anything that has minorities or women in it. seek mental help

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Satoru

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
wtf is wrong with some of you people. it's like some of you are experiencing brainrot.

Outside of the west most people don't like wokesim, video games are not a place for crazy American political agenda's.

Thanks to Woke Americans we can't even select male or female in games anymore, its now body Type A and B which is stupid.

We are supposed to pretend genders don't exist anymore?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Post launch content so that means like 10 to 15 years of support? Meh. I remember when GTA really was a boundary breaker, now its Mickey Mouse.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
GTA 3 was a pretty good take on 2000/2001. But after that their summary of "modern" times sucked. Nothing in GTA IV says 2008 to me, and though I didn't play all of it, GTA V wasn't exactly 2013 either.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
GTA 3 was a pretty good take on 2000/2001. But after that their summary of "modern" times sucked. Nothing in GTA IV says 2008 to me, and though I didn't play all of it, GTA V wasn't exactly 2013 either.
Just imagine it got Saint-Rowed.

I just hope they change their ancient mission design. Re-playing GTA IV put me to sleep than watching baseball.

Reactions: Box

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
GTA is a unique franchise, so if there's one ambitious game, it's GTA6
We know that Rockstar will set new standards, as they have done every time since GTA3

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If even close to true that's insane. But then again a few years back I recall reading that GTA5 had sold 130m copies, and now games prices have gone up to $70.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I am sure $200-$550 Million minimum for launch advertising (if that is included in the $2B total).

I just hope they keep the humor, keep SP offline, and actually go back to produing some great SP DLC.

Really interested to see if they made any changes / augments to their RAGE physics engine - would love to see some more advanced responses to melee weapons, guns, car crashes, etc ...

Reactions: Gamernyc78