Resident Evil 4: Chainsaw Demo will be available today for download (No Time Limit)

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
how about you take your own advice? instead for contradicting yourself and making petty comments...

Emma Stone Burn GIF by PeacockTV

Tell that to your bud derailing the discussion in this topic broskee.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
What genre isn't saturated in 2023?

Exactly. The poster is saying why I'm not critical of OG RE4, which is 18 years old and essentially paved the way for the genre. That's like saying why people who don't like platformers today should be critical of Mario 64. Doesn't make sense.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
PS5 version looks worse than Series X. Apparently it controls better though.

PC version is ace though.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Tried the demo on ps5 and pc.
ps5 performance is a bit weird. RT barely does anything to affect performance and stranded hair maybe tanks fps a bit? Redundant settings....

but pc got me infuriated. Over an hour of testing as the demo crashed upon arriving at the first house where you meet the first zombie.
3700x/3080 10gb, 4k.
If I run maxed with rt, it crashes. Maxed without RT - no crash (vram 14gb in red, so 4gb over)
maxed 4k high rt but textures to high 2gb and shadows to high - no crashes again.

Also, fsr1 and interlacing both look much better than flickery fsr 2.0 and helps me go above 60 at 4k.

So strange... I am so annoyed by this, I might end up getting ps5 version

Reactions: Entropi

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
3q72206.png

BTW there is a hidden TMP in the demo. The only way to unlock is to discard everything in your inventory before you hit the village fight then run to the far end and an otherwise closed well-lid will be open, you can go down and find the TMP and a bunch of ammo for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekiel

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
ps5 performance is a bit weird. RT barely does anything to affect performance and stranded hair maybe tanks fps a bit? Redundant settings....

but pc got me infuriated. Over an hour of testing as the demo crashed upon arriving at the first house where you meet the first zombie.
3700x/3080 10gb, 4k.
If I run maxed with rt, it crashes. Maxed without RT - no crash (vram 14gb in red, so 4gb over)
maxed 4k high rt but textures to high 2gb and shadows to high - no crashes again.

Also, fsr1 and interlacing both look much better than flickery fsr 2.0 and helps me go above 60 at 4k.

You know exactly why it's crashing, and how to fix it... so what's the issue?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

22 Jun 2022

3700x/3080 10gb, 4k.

The hair looks a bit cack with FSR 2 (quality) but everything else looks cleaner than FSR 1 (ultra quality).

Reactions: rofif

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Demo ran fine and looked beautiful on ps5. Guess I’m not too picky. Nice HDR implementation too.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You know exactly why it's crashing, and how to fix it... so what's the issue?
I feel like an idiot spending 90 minutes on the demo, crashing it 15 times in order to find what’s the problem. That’s why.
I shouldn’t have to do any of it with 3080

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I haven't played Re2 or Re3, so can't compare to those.

Tank controls in 2023 feels bad and clunky. You have to run, turn around, pop a couple shots, risk going in close to melee, run away, rinse and repeat.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I haven't played Re2 or Re3, so can't compare to those.

Tank controls in 2023 feels bad and clunky. You have to run, turn around, pop a couple shots, risk going in close to melee, run away, rinse and repeat.
But none of these have tank controls.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

3700x/3080 10gb, 4k.

This is what you get for being a cheap arse and not spending enough cash on a proper graphics card.

Time to upgrade my friend, time to upgrade.

1500 hundred minium.

Harrison Ford Running GIF by Indiana Jones

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
This is what you get for being a cheap arse and not spending enough cash on a proper graphics card.

Time to upgrade my friend, time to upgrade.

1500 hundred minium.

Harrison Ford Running GIF by Indiana Jones
I've been looking at the options to upgrade.... just to entertain the thought and NOPE.
I've got me 3700x on it's release together with x570.
And 3080fe on release for 700.... It was 2021 for gpu and CRAZY 2019 for cpu/mobo (say what).
I also have 2x8gb of ram and 2 nvme3.0 drives. All from 2019.
This was all high tech in 2019. Cpu was 350$, mobo was 200$ and so on. pc gaming was expensive but cheaper.

To the point. If I wanted to upgrade my 2021 3080 to something with more vram, The only option is 16gb in 4080. 12gb 4080 would be the same problem soon..... and 16gb 4080 is 1500usd lol. So Your joke is absolutely correct. And that's not even FE varient. They no longer sell founders cards here.

The only thing I could reasonably upgrade is 3700x->5800x (not x3d) and 16-32gb of ram. But none of it would help my pc even 1% probably huh.

Play on PS5 : flawless
I've finished demo on ps5 also. It got too many settings. I am starting to get annoyed by it. How am I supposed top choose performance/quality, both rt on or off and strand hair or on off, without any fps counters and numbers?!!!! I honestly, don't feel that RT does anything either to image or performance. It feels redundant. Both quality and performance are about the same 50-60fps I think too.
Only strand hair visibly tanks the performance and has visible impact.

So yeah, I am leaning towards ps5 but I see some annoyances there too.

edit: even re2remake crashes with RT on this old arse pc 😭
edit[old man yelling] : It's been quite some time that I honestly considered getting a game on pc and was excited to try the demo... only for pc gaming to kick me in the ass with 90 minutes on the demo... without getting past the first house... testing... Sure, I found solution but cmon. I played ps5 demo for 30 minutes. And just finished it in that time

• Shake
Reactions: Sircaw