Resident Evil 5 store page descriptions and name have been edited, according to data mine. Possibly hinting at a rename for a remake? Possible.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I played five many years ago and enjoyed it.

I remember dying a lot to a guy with a chainsaw at the start. and when i say a lot, i mean alot.
I would love a remake, the coop aspect of it is the best part!

Reactions: Sircaw

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Hopefully by Remaking this and probably 6, they will actually release good games this time.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, pretty likely after RE4 some day they will remake RE5, but I'd bet that not soon.

And well, I'd remake Code Veronica before also remaking RE5, it sold like shit but it was a better game.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hope this doesn't lead to another giraffe BJ. RE5 was not good. The story, setting, and the coop were all a mix of shit.

Reactions: arvfab
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You know what's really crap about the resident evil 5 PS4 port , they removed local co op from it 🙈 I went to play it with my gf (back when I had one 😂) & it only has online co-op , I know it had local when it originally launched because I remember playing it on the 360 with my cousin

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You know what's really crap about the resident evil 5 PS4 port , they removed local co op from it 🙈 I went to play it with my gf (back when I had one 😂) & it only has online co-op , I know it had local when it originally launched because I remember playing it on the 360 with my cousin
I had the golden edition or whatever and I loved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Loved 5, 6 I hated.
Same here. RE5 is a shit RE game but it was SO MUCH fun to play. have the platinum for that. And recently even bought the PS4 version. Still sealed too.

RE6 I did one playthrough and had enough. Tried playing it again later on and just couldn't. It does a thing right for like 10 minutes and then reverts to the clusterfuck it is.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Damn you know I've never think I've played Code Veronica. Which version is the best right now on consoles?

I played the PS2 one. I would guess the PS2 version through PS2 classics on PS4/5 is the easiest to get for PS owners. Otherwise you have to go with the GameCube version. Emulation is a good alternative as well.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Code Veronica aged like milk. It definitely needs a remake, but it also needs to fix its pacing issues. The back and fourth in that island was too much. The levels with Chris also felt like some speed run mode.
Wish thy had a remake, maybe I'll wait to see if one comes out.