Resident Evil’ Series Canceled By Netflix After One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I liked it. Didn't expect citizen kane. The wesker thing was fun. Don't care if it's woke either, most netflix stuff is woke now. I cancelled netflix after they canned this show

• haha
Reactions: Hezekiah

Katajx

8 Jul 2022
As some generic TV show it would have been fine. It seemed like they attached the name Resident Evil and character names to give it a boost.

I won’t call it woke, but there were some forced moments and it was overly…sterile.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What do you consider woke, because I seem to only see you denying that anything is or can be woke
I mean a side character being lesbian is woke? She has like less than 1 minute of screen play the whole season... and at max it has a kiss between them.
Is that what you guys take as heavy woke that if you speak will be banned?

The ideia of woke is heavy flawed to begin with... some take it as race color, others as sexual orientation, etc.

Using these two for example doesn't fit RE show as woke to be fair.

Reactions: Deleted member 140

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I mean a side character being lesbian is woke? She has like less than 1 minute of screen play the whole season... and at max it has a kiss between them.
Is that what you guys take as heavy woke that if you speak will be banned?

I didn't say anything about this series, I asked you a question about what things you consider woke because you only seem to rush in to tell people things are not woke

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I rushed because I watched it lol
If I had not watched I should say anything.

What is woke in RE serie?

Can you please answer the question I asked you, I'm curious

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Can you please answer the question I asked you, I'm curious
IMO woke in terms of production content for me is when you let your political activism to be forced into you creation.
You created and force situation to show your point about that political subject.

I don't see any of that in this RE serie.... again what is woke in that RE serie? The lesbian coup? The Wesker being played by a black actor?

Nym

21 Jun 2022
IMO woke in terms of production content for me is when you let your political activism to be forced into you creation.
You created and force situation to show your point about that political subject.

I don't see any of that in this RE serie.... again what is woke in that RE serie?

I haven't watched any of this so idk but thank you for clarifying your position

D

Deleted member 140

I don't understand the hyper sensitivity regarding the big bad "woke" and attributing the commercial failure on it because it's pretty clear that the series has many issues that stood in the way of its success. It's simply not a good series.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don't understand the hyper sensitivity regarding the big bad "woke" and attributing the commercial failure on it because it's pretty clear that the series has many issues that stood in the way of its success. It's simply not a good series.
Haven’t seen it, but googling reveals plenty of articles addressing woke things like disdain for white neighbourhoods, men are all bad, etc.

In isolation it can be seen as trivial, but again it shows the hand of forced messaging which people are generally tired off having in their escapism. But more importantly such efforts are usually a crutch to win some brownie points with critics that eat up identity politics - a sure sign of something being too weak to stand on its own 2 feet.

And in this case even critic reviews have savaged the show, even a recent ign video was dancing on its grave. It’s bad all round seemingly, no surprises.

D

Deleted member 140

Haven’t seen it, but googling reveals plenty of articles addressing woke things like disdain for white neighbourhoods, men are all bad, etc.

In isolation it can be seen as trivial, but again it shows the hand of forced messaging which people are generally tired off having in their escapism. But more importantly such efforts are usually a crutch to win some brownie points with critics that eat up identity politics - a sure sign of something being too weak to stand on its own 2 feet.

And in this case even critic reviews have savaged the show, even a recent ign video was dancing on its grave. It’s bad all round seemingly, no surprises.

Well I watched it and don't think it's overly woke or activist, that the things you bring up aren't worth mentioning and had no impact on the quality of the series, it feels like an overblown issue of people fighting the culture wars. We have different perspectives on those things I guess. 👻

Reactions: Bryank75

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Resident Evil failed only because it was too woke.

TLOU 2 succeeded only because it was too woke.

GIF by Achievement Hunter
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 140
D

Deleted member 140

Resident Evil failed only because it was too woke.

TLOU 2 succeeded only because it was too woke.

GIF by Achievement Hunter
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

No no no no you don't understand! TLOU2 would've sold a lot more if it had more Christian values. Because going to church got extremely popular in the last 20 years, it's what the people really want!

27 Aug 2022
I watched 1 episode, woke or not it was really bad. Quality trumps any of that crap for me. If you give me a great movie/show I don't care if the whole point is "Orange Man is bad and equity is the future", if I enjoy myself I enjoy myself and this show strained my ability to do that.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I watched 1 episode, woke or not it was really bad. Quality trumps any of that crap for me. If you give me a great movie/show I don't care if the whole point is "Orange Man is bad and equity is the future", if I enjoy myself I enjoy myself and this show strained my ability to do that.
That’s the crux off it. Quality trumps all other aspects.

I’ll have to check it out, but I also checked out Halo series against all the red flags, and indeed it was terrible - dropped it by ep4. So I may be setting myself up here even attempting it.

"Woke" seems like it's been diluted and twisted to the point that it's just a catch-all for "this media includes something I hate thinking about."

Like, remember in the 90s when every cartoon and show tried to have every ethnicity represented and then would throw a kid in a wheelchair in on top for good measure? Nobody ever calls their childhood favorites "woke," though, and I'm not looking down on the idea - representation matters - but things were WAY more ham-fisted and contrived back then.

12amliymrll61.jpg

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022

This "anti-woke'' shit had a point before but now it just goes after anything at random. The recent Predator movie being shit on by people who haven't even seen it because it has a female protagonist as an example. Just a portion of people who get outraged at anything "woke'' similar to how the opposite end of people got outraged at stuff like attractive female characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.