Resident Evil’ Series Canceled By Netflix After One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
This "anti-woke'' shit had a point before but now it just goes after anything at random. The recent Predator movie being shit on by people who haven't even seen it because it has a female protagonist as an example. Just a portion of people who get outraged at anything "woke'' similar to how the opposite end of people got outraged at stuff like attractive female characters.
That being said this show was terrible and Lance Reddick should probably fire his agent.

D

Deleted member 140

"Woke" seems like it's been diluted and twisted to the point that it's just a catch-all for "this media includes something I hate thinking about."

Like, remember in the 90s when every cartoon and show tried to have every ethnicity represented and then would throw a kid in a wheelchair in on top for good measure? Nobody ever calls their childhood favorites "woke," though, and I'm not looking down on the idea - representation matters - but things were WAY more ham-fisted and contrived back then.

12amliymrll61.jpg

The 90s, well known for their wokeness!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
This "anti-woke'' shit had a point before but now it just goes after anything at random. The recent Predator movie being shit on by people who haven't even seen it because it has a female protagonist as an example. Just a portion of people who get outraged at anything "woke'' similar to how the opposite end of people got outraged at stuff like attractive female characters.
On the opposite side a show without enough woke is lambasted as a right wing fantasy because patriotic men who are gruff and drink beer……..

Chris Pratt’s ‘The Terminal List’ Is an Unhinged Right-Wing Revenge Fantasy

Reactions: Hezekiah

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Seeing the teaser I too thought here we go again, from tobacco chewing musclemen to a strong woman need no men was an easy concluding But I’ve heard good things about it, never judge a book by its cover.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
On the opposite side a show without enough woke is lambasted as a right wing fantasy because patriotic men who are gruff and drink beer……..

Chris Pratt’s ‘The Terminal List’ Is an Unhinged Right-Wing Revenge Fantasy

Yeah the extreme side of anything is going to have some dumb takes.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
Seeing the teaser I too thought here we go again, from tobacco chewing musclemen to a strong woman need no men was an easy concluding But I’ve heard good things about it, never judge a book by its cover.
She needed men. She gets help from her brother,several other men. No human can take on a Predator physically even the "musclemen" get slaughtered. Its like you haven't seen a Predator movie.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I don't understand the hyper sensitivity regarding the big bad "woke" and attributing the commercial failure on it because it's pretty clear that the series has many issues that stood in the way of its success. It's simply not a good series.
It was shit and woke.

Double catastrophy, which is why it was axed a month after release.

27 Aug 2022
"Woke" seems like it's been diluted and twisted to the point that it's just a catch-all for "this media includes something I hate thinking about."

Like, remember in the 90s when every cartoon and show tried to have every ethnicity represented and then would throw a kid in a wheelchair in on top for good measure? Nobody ever calls their childhood favorites "woke," though, and I'm not looking down on the idea - representation matters - but things were WAY more ham-fisted and contrived back then.

12amliymrll61.jpg

My childhood was at the wrong age to notice what you're talking about, I guess. I remember knowing simply through cultural osmosis they made a new Ghostbusters cartoon called Extreme Ghostbusters or something and one of the changes was a member in a wheelchair... apparently being crippled is EXTREME or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.