Returnal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
returnal-ascension.jpg

Returnal is a third-person shooter roguelike video game developed by Housemarque and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
The game follows Selene Vassos, an astronaut who lands on the planet Atropos in search of the mysterious "White Shadow" signal and finds herself trapped in a time loop.

Returnal was released for the PlayStation 5 on 30th of April, 2021.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I was bouncing hard but once it clicked, the game (and me) started kicking ass.
Rotgland Lobber nation !!!!!

This game broke my right trigger spring(I repplaced the spring).
I highly recommend you people to mute controller and speakers sound and play like this for few minutes. The haptics are so awesome you still feel/hear everything. Go into one of these orb portals with the sound muted

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 106
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

I highly recommend you people to mute controller and speakers sound and play like this for few minutes. The haptics are so awesome you still feel/hear everything. Go into one of these orb portals with the sound muted
i kinda wanted shit on this game prior launched, kinda did a little.
but tried leap of faith, and oh man, it was special special experience. unique. one of the kind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 106

i kinda wanted shit on this game prior launched, kinda did a little.
but tried leap of faith, and oh man, it was special special experience. unique. one of the kind.
You're God damn right. A sequel in the same vein is very warranted. The house sequences were unnerving.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im still playing infinite mode. Such a good game…. 24million points lol

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022

I remember when you were hesitant to pay 70 for the game, but truth is the game is worth every penny. By far my favorite new ip this gen yet.

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
I’ll be honest I bought it but have been too scared to play it
There is a learning curve in the begining but nothing you cant overcome! Just dive in its alot of fun even in death, and if you know someone else with the game.. they added a very well implemented co-op mode

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I remember when you were hesitant to pay 70 for the game, but truth is the game is worth every penny. By far my favorite new ip this gen yet.
Yeah I bought it like 2 or 3 months after release for about 50. Good deal.
The only other game I am still skipping is ghost of tsushima. The yt gameplay is not grabbing me but returnal proves anything can be a gem

Reactions: Kyoji

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, that's why I'm proud of it. 6 deaths, all in the first act.
This game was made in hell. I don't get how some people can be so good and I suck so much 😭

Zero sense of progress. Always stuck with bad weapons. No leveling up. Lose all inventory on death. No healing. Restart from the beginning 🤬

I wish it was a regular game with checkpoints or fast travel. The actual gameplay is fucking good. It would be 10/10 if not for that rogueshit.

Reactions: Deleted member 106
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This game was made in hell. I don't get how some people can be so good and I suck so much 😭

Zero sense of progress. Always stuck with bad weapons. No leveling up. Lose all inventory on death. No healing. Restart from the beginning 🤬

I wish it was a regular game with checkpoints or fast travel. The actual gameplay is fucking good. It would be 10/10 if not for that rogueshit.
Played with keyboard and mouse 🤣 my advice, start from new, pick up just few guns which you good with so that only those could spawn, not bad one which you don't like. Learn environment and enemy moves.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I may play it again at some point in the future, but I agree the game is brutal. I never made it past the 3rd boss (didn't even get there) and played over 20h.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
I may play it again at some point in the future, but I agree the game is brutal. I never made it past the 3rd boss (didn't even get there) and played over 20h.
I was wondering if I should jump into it... but now I am thinking this might be too much for me :cool:

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Imo Returnal is the best exclusive released for this generation.
HFW is fantastic and gorgeous, same goes for Demon's souls, but Returnal is so unique in everything it does, I should really go back and chase the plat, and even if I dont get the plat the game 100% deserves more of my time.

• fire
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.