Returnal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Give it a shot!
YOU made me do this... I was just Peter Parker-ing peacefully, planting mofos on their faces in the middle of road, and now this... YOU WILL HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS, MISTER!

I Hope Please GIF by TikTok

• angry
Reactions: Satoru

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Is the discussion around the difficulty of returnal overblown?
I consider myself a moderatelly good gamer, I'm not a pro in any game at all but I'm also not the kind of person that plays on easy and drops a game if I find it too hard, I've beaten all from soft souls titles and even got the plat in Bloodborne.
When I played Returnal the patch that allowed players to suspend the run was already implemented so that might be it, but while I do not really think this is an easy game I also dont think its as hard as something like Sekiro or Hollow Knight.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I consider myself a moderatelly good gamer, I'm not a pro in any game at all but I'm also not the kind of person that plays on easy and drops a game if I find it too hard, I've beaten all from soft souls titles and even got the plat in Bloodborne.
When I played Returnal the patch that allowed players to suspend the run was already implemented so that might be it, but while I do not really think this is an easy game I also dont think its as hard as something like Sekiro or Hollow Knight.

It was. People who actually never played it, were saying how difficult it is and complaining about the lack of progression, turning off other people from playing it (and often repeating the same stupid things).

Reactions: balrogboy

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I think it is. I'm not an amazing gamer, I found it hard, but the problem is that I don't usually play these kind of games in the first place, and second I don't play them for extended periods of time.

The suspend the run functionality is great for those that get tired.

• they're_right_you_know

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
If you finished all Souls games and platinumed Bloodborne, I don't think you're a good judge if Returnal is easy or not. You're a veteran already.

What can I say about me who couldn't beat a Souls games then? How do you think I would rate Returnal? 🤣

• party

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Imo Returnal is the best exclusive released for this generation.
HFW is fantastic and gorgeous, same goes for Demon's souls, but Returnal is so unique in everything it does, I should really go back and chase the plat, and even if I dont get the plat the game 100% deserves more of my time.

high GIF

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
So today I finally started with the DLC. Still a blast to play, I still kick ass (but I'm manually restarting runs to get the flowers in order to get all story sequences for now) and am still in love with this game.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So today I finally started with the DLC. Still a blast to play, I still kick ass (but I'm manually restarting runs to get the flowers in order to get all story sequences for now) and am still in love with this game.

Actually I meant to say, we are supposedly getting Arcademageddon and that is supposed to play like a multiplayer Returnal, someone said recently.

• thinking_hard

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Actually I meant to say, we are supposedly getting Arcademageddon and that is supposed to play like a multiplayer Returnal, someone said recently.
THANK GOD that ps+ Essential stays good even with Extra and Premium existing, only goes to show how Games with Gold has no excuses to be as bad as it is.
I'll definitivelly check out arcademageddon, I'll drink up anything that plays simmilar to returnal.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
THANK GOD that ps+ Essential stays good even with Extra and Premium existing, only goes to show how Games with Gold has no excuses to be as bad as it is.
I'll definitivelly check out arcademageddon, I'll drink up anything that plays simmilar to returnal.

Let's await a few more months. It was pretty clear they wouldn't drop the ball on Essential immediately, we need to see if they keep it like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.