Revenue and Downloads for every Sony first-party game ever released on the PSN (580+ titles, as of June 11, 2023)

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
GT7 is fun. I like that they add more cars and more events through this release to keep the game fresh. I don't need GT8 anytime soon, that is for sure. I would be willing to pay for more tracks though for GT7. Not sure if they are done with tracks as DLC or not.

They own the license for Pike Peak yet they still refuse to create a track for it in GT7

• sad
Reactions: KvallyX
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Games were actually being made on the cheap as I expected. So much of the narrative circulating was just pure bullshit. These games are all very profitable.

Sony should be doubling down on high quality devs because high quality games still sell very well.

TLoU Pt 2 and Rift Apart haters, take another massive L.

I wish they could get their hands on the F1 license and use GT7 as a basis for an F1 game. If not F1 than something else like Indy.

GT7 is high quality and classy, a truly great game that benefits greatly from the haptics and adaptive trigger (I play mostly on the wheel now but it is still great on the gamepad).
VR is so good :)

• Peachy
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
despite the fact that the game was put on the PlayStation Plus Collection just 1 year after release, it sold very well on PSN with 2,7M digital copies and $100,528,54 million dollars in revenue coming from PSN, it's good to note that the vast majority of Sony's first party games are sold physically (take for example God Of War Ragnarok, sold 15M copies total but only 4M digitally)
5O7Jw50.png

it's safe to say Days Gone made over 500M+ with physical and PC copies
days-gone-review.jpg

Reactions: Shadow2027 and Box

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It's safe to say Days Gone made over 500M+ with physical and PC copies

Feb 2022's data:

Days Gone PS4 at 265M both digitally and physically at Feb 2022 with 7.23M~ copies sold(Digital ratio 36%)
Days Gone PC(May 2021---> Feb 2022) 22M

That puts Days Gone at early Feb 2022 at 287M.

There's no conceivable way that Days Gone Net sales went from 287M-->500M from then on.
That figure is almost half.

Days Gone would have to generate almost as much revenue from Feb 2022--->April 2024 than it did from May 2019-->Feb 2022.

First half: 33 months
Second half: 26 months

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yet Sony refused to greenlight a sequel, I just don't understand the management what the hell is wrong with them?

The entire boardroom needs to be fired and replaced with more competent staff

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Downloads specifically, or money? Cause Days Gone was part of that 25-odd game PS+ collection on PS5 launch

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yet Sony refused to greenlight a sequel, I just don't understand the management what the hell is wrong with them?

How are supposed gamers still repeating this nonsense when it's been confirmed the pitch for a sequel was declined by Sony Bend's upper management.

Reactions: Johnic

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I feel like if John Garvin had just kept his mouth shut and been professional, there might've been a sequel. But he lashed out at Sony and reviewers non stop on Twitter, which probably turned a lot of execs off from the IP.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
How are supposed gamers still repeating this nonsense when it's been confirmed the pitch for a sequel was declined by Sony Bend's upper management.

Ok so let me get this straight, the brand New IP from Bend sells millions of copies and Bends Upper Management decide not to greenlight a sequel?

It's now been 5 years and we had no new announcements from Bend

I'm sorry but this is just bad management, there's no way to defend this.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I feel like if John Garvin had just kept his mouth shut and been professional, there might've been a sequel. But he lashed out at Sony and reviewers non stop on Twitter, which probably turned a lot of execs off from the IP.
not true at all. try again. this time with facts.

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023

Bend Management decided they didn't want to do a sequel. Not Sony.

I don't know where this rumour comes from......

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Try what again? It’s my expert opinion, I didn’t say it was a fact. You need to chill out. And how do you know it’s not true at all? You don’t
you just making shit up. biggest killer was - i FEEL.

they said, that Bend studios management was counter productive even before they released Days Gone. and Sony has nothing to do with sequel being not approved. it never passed Bend studio's management.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
you just making shit up. biggest killer was - i FEEL.

they said, that Bend studios management was counter productive even before they released Days Gone. and Sony has nothing to do with sequel being not approved. it never passed Bend studio's management.
How is “I feel” a killer? What is being killed? 🤣 Again, it’s my OPINION…do you know what an OPINION is? 😂😂😂

Let me help you out -

Opinion: “a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.”

Like I said, you need to chill out 🤦‍♂️

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
How is “I feel” a killer? What is being killed? 🤣 Again, it’s my OPINION…do you know what an OPINION is? 😂😂😂

Let me help you out -

Opinion: “a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.”

Like I said, you need to chill out 🤦‍♂️
so if your feels will change after 2h, it suddenly, it is different outcome? :ROFLMAO: facts don't care about your feelings.
i don't care what you feel.

i clearly stated, are you blind? try with facts. what he said, not what you FEEL that it would have been outcome if other people felt and acted not rational but on their feels.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
so if your feels will change after 2h, it suddenly, it is different outcome? :ROFLMAO: facts don't care about your feelings.
i don't care what you feel.

i clearly stated, are you blind? try with facts. what he said, not what you FEEL that it would have been outcome if other people felt and acted not rational but on their feels.
So you still don’t understand the concept of an opinion?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
So you still don’t understand the concept of an opinion?
do you understand that if you want to talk about your feelings and your feeling about you, you can.

but if you want to make an argument where you felt just how you feel, there is actually no discussion to be had.
you can always default in argument how you FEEL just to win argument, despite you being wrong.

like in this case, you feel what others felt and you feel... wtf is this argument? that's why i said what i said and you need to use actual Facts. what he said. you can even go with Shawn Layden as he supported his claims.

but again, you always have to win, despite being wrong. pathetic.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
do you understand that if you want to talk about your feelings and your feeling about you, you can.

but if you want to make an argument where you felt just how you feel, there is actually no discussion to be had.
you can always default in argument how you FEEL just to win argument, despite you being wrong.

like in this case, you feel what others felt and you feel... wtf is this argument? that's why i said what i said and you need to use actual Facts. what he said. you can even go with Shawn Layden as he supported his claims.

but again, you always have to win, despite being wrong. pathetic.
Bro, you straight up sound like a psychopath.

There is no argument. There was never an argument. There’s nothing for me to “win”. Thats why I told you to chill out several times. You’re seething over nothing.

I typed my opinion, and for some reason that triggered you. Imagine seeing someone state what is obviously an opinion and then telling them to “try again”. Why are you so defensive? Why are you looking for an an argument when there never was one? And I’m the pathetic one? 😂 I’ll tell you again for the 3rd time, chill out. Maybe take a break from the site, you’re embarrassing yourself….