ReviewGate: Bethesda and Microsoft are micromanaging Starfield's review MetaScore - in the open!

Is Microsoft/Betheda micro-managing the META-SCORE of Starfield?

• Total voters
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I just showed you a UK based company that got a code…so why are you making stuff up?
Poison the well, create doubt in the premise of the OP, string folks along, deny, deny, deny. In short, troll. And he won't stop, in this thread or others until he gets the ban hammer once again at which point the cycle reverts with a new alt account.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
PatricianTV mentioned this last week. Small Bethesda/Xbox focused podcasts get access, but not media outlets. Not sure how this can be considered anything but attempting to manipulate the score. Also, I hate reviewers and gaming media as much as the next person (Eurogamer is noxious), but if you're not going to take a stand against them all, why bother with this half assed approach?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What difference will it make?

In a couple of weeks these reviewers will give their scores and probably be more harsh since Microsoft treated them like dirt.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Apparenty Spawnwave didn't received a review code as well.
Good, fuck that guy. Why does his ugly ass balding, bejowled face keep showing up on my Youtube recommends despite repeated clicks of the "do not show this channel" button?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
All of these guys that got the game late will cuck and give it 10/10s to show how good boys they are for MS so this won’t happen again next time.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Who cares

Some sites are trash and should be blacklisted. Whatever the anti Xbox equivalent of Stervivor is shouldn't get games to review from Xbox

If Xbox games are trash then it will show anyway as always

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Those are big websites and they're all on Metacritic? Seems very fishy when tons of random influencers already got them like 2 weeks ago (they are not on meta obviously).

Starfield will go down as the biggest astroturfing campaign in video game history. I've never seen something so blatant and everywhere with fake accounts, fake hype and damage control.

Well, Xbox Era, Windows Central surely got them

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Heisenberg007 said:
People who got review codes from Xbox:
  • KidSmoove
  • Nick Spheshal
  • Stevivor
  • Rand
  • Jez Cordon
  • Colt Eastwood
Those who didn't get a code:
  • Metro
  • The Guardian
  • Skill Up
  • Eurogamer (got an hour after the news blew up)
  • Rock Paper Shotgun
  • Edge
  • Bloomberg
  • Axios

VGWg.gif

OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Source for Bloomberg?

They did Jason Schreier just like that? Despite him throwing more mud Sony's way.... :ROFLMAO:

"Balancing the scales" not paying like it used to. When podcast youtubers get the honey before a "esteemed" member of the press....🥲

What does it takes these days to get a damn review code? Is lack of honor and ethics no longer enough?

But there is a trade-off... a potential biopsy of Starfield dev hell or some other studio drama. You know he gonna be digging that dirt. :LOL:

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They’re definitely pulling some shit. I don’t agree with free copies to begin with but Skillup is probably the only dude in the industry that does an honest job.

This is strictly to rig the meta …