Rise of Ronin Review and |OT| "Discipline first, discipline forever"

What do you think will be the metacrituc average?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 81-90

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • 91-100

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
On the 3rd map. About 50 hours into the game. Clearing out the checklist for each region before I get back to the story. Should have Ronin wrapped up by Monday. Then next Friday is Stellar Blade!!! Woohoo!!!
We're on the same trajectory lol. I just made it to Kyoto today. I'll beat it over the weekend for sure, very fun game. Question though, is their any way of increasing bond level other than gifts? Most of my remaining side quests are locked out. I was able to get some through gifts but the process is slow.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
We're on the same trajectory lol. I just made it to Kyoto today. I'll beat it over the weekend for sure, very fun game. Question though, is their any way of increasing bond level other than gifts? Most of my remaining side quests are locked out. I was able to get some through gifts but the process is slow.

I haven't given anyone a single gift. lol

I do all the side quests that I can do and eventually they open up because there's other main missions that you do with characters that can increase the bond level. Also, picking the correct answers during dialogue choices with them can also increases it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Go to Dojo and fight them, that increases bond level, speak with them, some conversations increases bond level and doing missions with them increases bond level, so through longhouse you can replay story missions.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Anti-shogunate is what I’m reading is more historically accurate? Like I mentioned, the choices were unexpected. I also read none of these choices matter till the very end of the game and that you can pretty much play all missions anyway?

For gift giving… there’s a paper folded heart icon for the gifts best associate with whomever you’re chatting with.

@peter42O played this on easy… 😑. Enjoy granblue tho dude. It’s taken the crown for action jrpg from “tales of.” Great little game. I still didn’t get to online co-op endgame and that seems to be a thing at like 40 hour mark but that’s the for the hardcore players I think — you get a good time out of the game until then anyway. And you consistently get new music remixes thru endgame … a nice treat and fantastic soundtrack.

Last edited:

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I can’t figure out why I suck so bad at this game. Still stuck on the drunk guy that you fight after taking a photo in the room. And I’m on easy 😞

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
26 hours in an starting to feel a bit stale due to it being an open world Ubisoft clone. I guess I’m still on the first map but cleared most of it.

I’m gonna keep going at it because the combat is consistently fun to engage with but the rest of the game is kinda mid.

Sticking with it until Final Shape comes out. It’s a good game just not crazy about it… I kinda want to pull away and start something else but … I paid for it… gonna see it through