Rise of Ronin Review and |OT| "Discipline first, discipline forever"

What do you think will be the metacrituc average?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 81-90

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • 91-100

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I made my character this weekend.... sick that i can have my nails painted black.

lol at you being kratos :ROFLMAO: great shots, they really stepped up the visuals from Nioh

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I made my character this weekend.... sick that i can have my nails painted black.

lol at you being kratos :ROFLMAO: great shots, they really stepped up the visuals from Nioh
Kratos devours all kingdoms :)

want a code? :D

it doesn't look bad neither good. but popping is really not good, i would say most problematic.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For those who don’t care for major tentpole blockbuster releases like Spider-Man and FF7… PS5 has also had you covered and taken care of well these last few months.

Helldivers for the new age shooter fans. Granblue and Ronin for hardcore action rpg fans. Niche tastes have been catered to with moderate success.

So with that said, it’s quite disappointing to see Granblue and Ronin fall under the radar by the so call PlayStation loyalists. Especially those who whine and cry about non existent doom. So you don’t support PlayStation exclusives anyway… ha. Those players deserve remakes.

For those who finished the first run thru the campaign… this seems like a smaller game, right? The map is getting cleared fast. Is this something like 30 hours for completing it like close to 100% for trophies?

Last edited:
  • sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
For those who don’t care for major tentpole blockbuster releases like Spider-Man and FF7… PS5 has also had you covered and taken care of well these last few months.

Helldivers for the new age shooter fans. Granblue and Ronin for hardcore action rpg fans. Niche tastes have been catered to with moderate success.

So with that said, it’s quite disappointing to see Granblue and Ronin fall under the radar by the so call PlayStation loyalists. Especially those who whine and cry about non existent doom.

For those who finished the first run thru the campaign… this seems like a smaller game, right? The map is getting cleared fast. Is this something like 30 hours for completing it like close to 100% for trophies?
50-60h. I already spend 80h, about to finish platinum.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
With the frame limit setting for the graphics and ray tracing modes… game is sorta future proof for PS5pro.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Love the combat. Just grows on me. You can remap all buttons on controller so next thing may be to soulsify controls to have R1 be attack. Not crazy about holding R1 and pressing up or down on d-pad to swap during combos or change stances.

Noticed some minor environmental damage. You can roll placed logs down hills and utilize sfuff like it in public order missions.

You can also summon your horse while using the glider, dropping from the glider directly onto the galloping horse. Neat.

Definitely prefer the rifle over the bow. They did a pretty crappy job with bows and its cursor. They should have draw time with a shrinking cursor the way Destiny does because it feels like shit here.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Love the combat. Just grows on me. You can remap all buttons on controller so next thing may be to soulsify controls to have R1 be attack. Not crazy about holding R1 and pressing up or down on d-pad to swap during combos or change stances.

Noticed some minor environmental damage. You can roll placed logs down hills and utilize sfuff like it in public order missions.

You can also summon your horse while using the glider, dropping from the glider directly onto the galloping horse. Neat.

Definitely prefer the rifle over the bow. They did a pretty crappy job with bows and its cursor. They should have draw time with a shrinking cursor the way Destiny does because it feels like shit here.
Gd to hear

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Bro this game is mad addictive. I started it right after dd2 on Wednesday... Already have 25h in on chapter 2.

Drip system in this game should be copied by every dev tbh

Right now I think this TN's best nehind Nioh 2. This clears wolong miles and miles

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Bro this game is mad addictive. I started it right after dd2 on Wednesday... Already have 25h in on chapter 2.

Drip system in this game should be copied by every dev tbh

Right now I think this TN's best nehind Nioh 2. This clears wolong miles and miles
Yeah. Maybe world is kinda ubisofty, but whole set up is so satisfying. Probably the first game where i wasn't offended, bored and highly enjoyed it.

Also, hidden enemies are challenging.

Reactions: voke and Luffy123

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yeah. Maybe world is kinda ubisofty, but whole set up is so satisfying. Probably the first game where i wasn't offended, bored and highly enjoyed it.

Also, hidden enemies are challenging.
Oxtail blade might be my new fav TN weapon. The kicks are too satisfying. I’ve done every side quest and enemy camp so far… idk what it is about this game, but it’s super chill and does a great job of making me interested in this point of history. bc quite frankly it’s fascinating people really lived through this shit. I like the grounded lore more than nioh.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
A bunch of divergent path options huh? It’s throwing me for a loop a bit. Didn’t expect that. Both with choices, like letting an enemy live, or which quests you choose to move the main quest forward… or at least I think that’s what I’m seeing.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
On the 3rd map. About 50 hours into the game. Clearing out the checklist for each region before I get back to the story. Should have Ronin wrapped up by Monday. Then next Friday is Stellar Blade!!! Woohoo!!!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
On the 3rd map. About 50 hours into the game. Clearing out the checklist for each region before I get back to the story. Should have Ronin wrapped up by Monday. Then next Friday is Stellar Blade!!! Woohoo!!!
Yup!