Rise of Ronin (Team Ninja) Announced for PlayStation 5

24 Jun 2022
Looking pretty good; it's a bit further out (2024) but it's good to have an idea of some parts of the release timeline post-2023.

I'm guessing there are no ties to the Nioh games here, but gameplay influences might be there in parts. Same for some from the Ninja Gaiden games too. But it actually gave me some Tenchu feels a bit as well.

Reactions: Kokoloko and EDMIX
D

Deleted member 13

I wasn't impressed by this trailer. The lighting/shading didn't look real for me. I was expecting a more advanced rendering engine since it's PS5 exclusive. The skin on the characters don't look like good skin shading (Spiderman's cutscenes are the de facto standard in advanced skin shading). The blood didn't look good to me either. Artwork is excellent though.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wasn't impressed by this trailer. The lighting/shading didn't look real for me. I was expecting a more advanced rendering engine since it's PS5 exclusive. The skin on the characters don't look like good skin shading (Spiderman's cutscenes are the de facto standard in advanced skin shading). The blood didn't look good to me either. Artwork is excellent though.

Hair looked really good. Water looked really good and what they showed was fucking insanely early for a game coming in 2024. They want their games to play 60fps so some sacrifices will be made to get that smooth fps combat.

For a open world game from a studio like team nina who is also working on another title for xbox. It looked good.

Not everything needs to be insane, ill take a ok looking game with amazing combat than a amazing looking game that plays like shit.

P

peter42O

This looks freaking awesome!!! Best of all, thankfully it's NOT a souls game!! Day one!!

Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

VFX out here giving that scathing preview lol Maybe its just really early on or something. They also state it was in development for something crazy like 7 years, so it could have started its life as a PS4 title and then they moved it over to PS5 and they might still be in the middle of that or something.

@ksdixon lol np, that same shit happens to me. Ninja Theory, Team Ninja lol Same damn thing. When I become a grandpa, i'ma make sure to fuck up all my grandkids presents with this excuse. Saying shit like "you said you wanted dat Ninja thing, here you go MiniMix'

MiniMix "WTF Grandpa, this isn't Rise Of The Ronin 5, this is Hellblade 4"
EDMIX Grampa "same fucking thing, these gen Q kids talk too much shit"

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Gave me some Tenchu vibes and was one of the highlights of the SoP. I'm actually glad it's releasing in 2024, as 2023 (and the rest of 2022 + backlog) is already stuffed.