Rise of the Ronin - PS5 Tech Review - A Superb Action RPG... But Can It Sustain 60FPS?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The main frustration is that a perfect 60fps is out of reach. Its performance mode is the best option of the bunch, but still suffers from drops and a blurry image to boot. Meanwhile, the graphics mode is the visual purist's best option.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Unless they were on a shoe string budget there's no excuse for this. And judging by how the game looks, I will assume they were on a budget leash.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Technical shitshow 😂 fuckin hell. Looks like ass, animations are ass, and still manages to go lower than 1080p. These people do not deserve money for this game.

• brain
Reactions: rinzler
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Damn I didn't see no one mention these drops and blurryness in the review thread. I'm talking about ppl tht bought the game. Maybe I just overlooked them.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Technical shitshow 😂 fuckin hell. Looks like ass, animations are ass, and still manages to go lower than 1080p. These people do not deserve money for this game.
You are obsessed with Ass, here and the Stella blade thread.

Happy Game Of Thrones GIF

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It doesn't look like ass all the time, just in some scenarios.
I think graphics least of the game problems, the popping is more visible and happens very often.
Animations usually are good enough just animals looks bad.

If you play games just because of graphics, yeah, you won't see any new technologies here.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yup! I dunno why they thought asking $70 was okay..

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It doesn't look like ass all the time, just in some scenarios.
I think graphics least of the game problems, the popping is more visible and happens very often.
Animations usually are good enough just animals looks bad.

If you play games just because of graphics, yeah, you won't see any new technologies here.
This is complete denial. The animations are some 6th gen level crap, the graphics are terrible all around, and the performance is shit.

I don't play games because of graphics, but I also refuse to pay for half baked shit that won't even run at full HD on a modern console when better looking games ran at 1440p in last gen refreshes.

Edit: Ghost of Tsushima looks better than this on a base PS4 and has better animations to boot all around.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is complete denial. The animations are some 6th gen level crap, the graphics are terrible all around, and the performance is shit.

I don't play games because of graphics, but I also refuse to pay for half baked shit that won't even run at full HD on a modern console when better looking games ran at 1440p in last gen refreshes.

Edit: Ghost of Tsushima looks better than this on a base PS4 and has better animations to boot all around.
i agreed on most parts. so you in denial too?
i am 30h into the game, how many hours are you?

GoT looks consistently better on PS4 Pro how i remember. 100%
but Ronin is much deeper and bigger game. so, you choose what to give up for what, especially when you are on tight budget.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
i agreed on most parts. so you in denial too?
i am 30h into the game, how many hours are you?

GoT looks consistently better on PS4 Pro how i remember. 100%
but Ronin is much deeper and bigger game. so, you choose what to give up for what, especially when you are on tight budget.

Is rather not reward a lazy and shoddy excuse of a work that is partially lifted from a much superior game. I'm happy you're enjoying it though, that's what matters.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
This game reeked of technical disappointment from the second they showed it. I'm amazed that even then people didn't temper their expectations.

Two generation old jank.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Is rather not reward a lazy and shoddy excuse of a work that is partially lifted from a much superior game. I'm happy you're enjoying it though, that's what matters.
Ronin partially lifted nothing. you would know, if you played.

of course i am enjoying, both games, Ghost and Ronin are amazing on their own.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This game reeked of technical disappointment from the second they showed it. I'm amazed that even then people didn't temper their expectations.

Two generation old jank.
Xbot playbook nr. 9

all Playstation games are jank, we know, Ghost of Tsushima jank, God of War jank, Spider Man jank.. all above and beyond..