Rise of the Ronin - PS5 Tech Review - A Superb Action RPG... But Can It Sustain 60FPS?

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Xbot playbook nr. 9

all Playstation games are jank, we know, Ghost of Tsushima jank, God of War jank, Spider Man jank.. all above and beyond..
Sensitive much lol? Is this Sony's game or something? Game looked like straight jank from the second they actually showed it in action; shocking that observation is now heavily reinforced.

Dial back the fanboy, I'm sure you can do it. Game looks like a sideways step from 7th generation Dynasty Warriors.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sensitive much lol? Is this Sony's game or something? Game looked like straight jank from the second they actually showed it in action; shocking that observation is now heavily reinforced.

Dial back the fanboy, I'm sure you can do it. Game looks like a sideways step from 7th generation Dynasty Warriors.
Dial back on idiotic comments, i'm sure, you can do it.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Dial back on idiotic comments, i'm sure, you can do it.
Stop crying, the game is a technological mess, janky and ugly to boot. This isn't a hot take or anything, anyone not named you isn't losing their mind over simple observations.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Damn...sucks that the performance mode isn't a consistent 60FPS. I received it today from GameFly and am looking forward to playing it once I wrap up Rebirth and play through Granblue. As long as it's good and tides me over while waiting for Tsushima 2, I will be happy. :)

Reactions: Kokoloko

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Japanese devs need to get it together. Send your employees back to school. Make then attend conferences. Get your technical skills up, or you get left behind. For some reason only japanese devs have been unable to transition to making 4k assets run acceptably. Basically Capcom and sometimes Square are the only ones that can produce modern looking games, and even they are like half a gen behind.

• brain
Reactions: rinzler

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The effort to deny that this game is a technical mess with dated game designs, animations & graphics that looks like a PS4 beta project is quite amusing to see.
man, i like agree on most stuff, even mentioned multiple times about the game before this video was even created.
apart from Popping, what else technical messes it have?

do you keep the same energy in DD2 threads about DD2 like popping, low 20s fps etc? or is it just selective for you?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
man, i like agree on most stuff, even mentioned multiple times about the game before this video was even created.
apart from Popping, what else technical messes it have?

do you keep the same energy in DD2 threads about DD2 like popping, low 20s fps etc? or is it just selective for you?

Dated graphics, low res textures, PS3 level animations?

DD2 is a massive game, what's the excuse for this game?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Japanese devs need to get it together. Send your employees back to school. Make then attend conferences. Get your technical skills up, or you get left behind. For some reason only japanese devs have been unable to transition to making 4k assets run acceptably. Basically Capcom and sometimes Square are the only ones that can produce modern looking games, and even they are like half a gen behind.
Yeah, i said it before about that. But how many of those devs works on tight budget?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Dated graphics, low res textures, PS3 level animations?

Dated graphics is no technical mess nor some low res textures. It is limitation of the engine in open world, they are using updated Katana engine, it is a bad engine for open world how we can see because it has streaming issues and it shouldn't have those with PS5 spec.

In close levels game looks great, not horizon next level of course and in those levels i didn't see any streaming issues or poppins.

Some animations are PS3 level, even PS2 level, but you aren't seeing them often to even bother.

Ronin is also massive game, i finished first area in 25h and i am in second part and it is as big as first with huge city. And there is third part.
+ About technical stuff, apart some clipping instances i had zero bugs and zero glitches.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

It plays great. Its no ghost of tsushima graphics wise but the game has great combat and elements

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The effort to deny that this game is a technical mess with dated game designs, animations & graphics that looks like a PS4 beta project is quite amusing to see.
So this is where all the haters are. I'm playing the game and I feel like I'm in another reality.

The game is great and I'm enjoying every minute. I loved Ghost of Tsushima too. People don't have to pit one against the other. Same for Dragons Dogma 2.

DD2 doesn't even look that good compared to Ronin so I'm not sure where all this jerking off is coming from.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
900p? PS5 can do better, specially when we take into account what's on display. At one point platform holders should strong arm third party studios for better quality.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So this is where all the haters are. I'm playing the game and I feel like I'm in another reality.

The game is great and I'm enjoying every minute. I loved Ghost of Tsushima too. People don't have to pit one against the other. Same for Dragons Dogma 2.

DD2 doesn't even look that good compared to Ronin so I'm not sure where all this jerking off is coming from.
Who is hating on Ronin? Please grow up
Th game doesn't look good. Nowhere is anyone in here commenting on if the game is fun or not.

No one pittied Ronin against Dragons Dogma 2 except one person in this thread, the same person who liked your comment.

If you think Ronin looks good Graphically good for you. Anyone who's critical of any PlayStation game is a hater for you anyways 💀

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Who is hating on Ronin? Please grow up
Th game doesn't look good. Nowhere is anyone in here commenting on if the game is fun or not.
If Switch games can get amazing reviews and GOTY noms, even if they're not technically perfect, then so can a Team Ninja game. FROM also gets a pass.

The game looks fine while you play. Fuck Digital Fraudry!

No one pittied Ronin against Dragons Dogma 2 except one person in this thread, the same person who liked your comment.
I guess that person is you? You did in the comment below.

As if Rise of the Ronin is not an enormous game. It's as big as DD2.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
If Switch games can get amazing reviews and GOTY noms, even if they're not technically perfect, then so can a Team Ninja game. FROM also gets a pass.

The game looks fine while you play. Fuck Digital Fraudry!

I guess that person is you? You did in the comment below.

As if Rise of the Ronin is not an enormous game. It's as big as DD2.
This is a thread about the technicalities of the game? What do you want people to comment on in here? Do you see Dragon's Dogma in the OP posted?

This is a PS5 game, it looks a late gen PS3 at times it will be criticized, comparing it to Switch games is even more ridiculous.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is a thread about the technicalities of the game? What do you want people to comment on in here? Do you see Dragon's Dogma in the OP posted?

This is a PS5 game, it looks a late gen PS3 at times it will be criticized, comparing it to Switch games is even more ridiculous.
Yeah, switch games looks like ps2 games 😂
Just in few instances it looks like PS3 game, not the whole game.
Ghost of Tsushima also had those.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yeah, switch games looks like ps2 games 😂
Just in few instances it looks like PS3 game, not the whole game.
Ghost of Tsushima also had those.
Yeah that's why I said "at times" lol. I'm not here to hate on the game as I will pick it up when it gets a price drop as I don't think I'm willing to pay full price for it anymore. But I've always been vocal on how this game looks... There's still no excuse