Rise of the Ronin rated by ESRB Also info. Will also have difficulty options.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1702990232470.png

Rise of the Rōnin: Team Ninja Discusses Crafting Its First Open World Where You Shouldn't Kill Everything On Sight​

Team Ninja states Rise of the Rōnin’s combat revolves around studying and learning enemy patterns gleaned after repeated failures, suggesting it will be as challenging as the games preceding it. When I asked if it still punishes death in the same Soulslike fashion, where players must retrieve fallen experience points, and how the more realistic story would justify this, Yasuda confirmed it does and involves a progression resource called Karma. It’s an apt name; the developers say the word symbolizes the destiny people carry from one life into the next. However, Yasuda clarifies that Karma only represents one system. There is another, more traditional type of XP that players retain after death. “You can look forward to the details of this in the future,” Yasuda says.

Rise of the Rōnin is an exciting challenge for Team Ninja. While the team is known for action first and foremost, it’s eager to spread its wings into the open-world genre and is committed to telling a story that feels authentic to the era it depicts. “We're hoping that players can really feel like they've traveled to this important era in Japanese history and enjoy that experience,” says producer Yosuke Hayashi. We’re hoping for the same when the game arrives on March 22.

Also...

Rise Of The Ronin Will Have Difficulty Options. *Confirmed​

News & Announcements
"It is obvious that Team Ninja titles are not designed to be easy to play for everyone, he said, but we wanted to make this title more accessible to a wide range of players. We have developed three distinct difficulty modes that players can choose based on their preferences. The first is’ for storytelling-oriented players, who want to live the story and play without much difficulty. Then we have an intermediate mode for players used to this kind of experience. Finally, we have a more challenging mode that fits more closely with our previous games and meets the needs of hardcore players and Souls-like fans."
  • Yosuke Hayashi (Producer - Team Ninja) and Fumihiko Yasuda (Development producer and Game Director

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Rise Of The Ronin Will Have Difficulty Options. *Confirmed​

News & Announcements
"It is obvious that Team Ninja titles are not designed to be easy to play for everyone, he said, but we wanted to make this title more accessible to a wide range of players. We have developed three distinct difficulty modes that players can choose based on their preferences. The first is’ for storytelling-oriented players, who want to live the story and play without much difficulty. Then we have an intermediate mode for players used to this kind of experience. Finally, we have a more challenging mode that fits more closely with our previous games and meets the needs of hardcore players and Souls-like fans."
  • Yosuke Hayashi (Producer - Team Ninja) and Fumihiko Yasuda (Development producer and Game Director

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
DD2 will higher scores, looks great, but Team Ninja is my buddy, day 1 for sure.
DD2 maybe along the way..

anyway, first 3month are crazy for gaming. Some games really gonna hurt in sales.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
DD2 will higher scores, looks great, but Team Ninja is my buddy, day 1 for sure.
DD2 maybe along the way..

anyway, first 3month are crazy for gaming. Some games really gonna hurt in sales.
I have to get both but either one is a win.

Reactions: Gediminas

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This game release date needs to be moved. It should have been an April release, I dunno what Sony and co. Are thinking.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Dragon’s Dogma isn’t some juggernaut ip. March is fine
Exactly. Also Sony broke a trend a long time ago releasing their games at what ppl considered odd times of the year to unanimous acclaim and still killer sales. When ppl want a game they want it no matter what.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Dragon’s Dogma isn’t some juggernaut ip. March is fine
It's not a juggernaut but there's also the possibility it could blow up? It's gonna sell well and will overshadow Ronin

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Well let the best game win then

I honestly don’t see Dragons Dogma 2 blowing up. Right now it’s a small ass numbers of fans that are hyped for it, it wasn’t even included in the most anticipated at game awards.

The most recent trailer has 32k views

IMG_3271.jpeg

Compared to the rise of the ronin trailer

Almost all the latest Rise of The Ronin trailers have 3’xs as many views

IMG_3272.jpeg

Reactions: Gamernyc78