Rumor: Bungies new IP "Matter"

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Looks like you fed a bunch of 70s/80s era "real" sci-fi images to an AI, I don't believe it.

It’s all fake. The art isn’t. It’s concept art from Europa in Destiny.

Last major rumor was Marathon coming back as an extraction shooter with colorful visuals. Tom Henderson leaked this and it’s probably the closest to any truth.

Third person and hinting at a PlayStation exclusive makes this extra fake. Everything they make will be multiplatform.

Only new news is that Kevin Yanes left the sandbox ability team at destiny to work with Valorant creative lead Joe Ziegler and the other Valorant guys that jumped ship to Bungie on a new project. And that’s possibly something different from either Matter or Marathon.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Maybe some different interpretation?
They talked about their games that for me is what they have today, the community they build… not future games.

From what aí understand new projects were meant to be PlayStation exclusives with PC late… Xbox is out of the equation.

Screenshot-20230419-155622.jpg

Reactions: ethomaz

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
PS5/pc s multiplatform. Their wording s strange. Yes, destiny ll stay multi, its printing money. But for future games it doesnt mean it ll be on xbox. Going by sales, xbox wont pass 30,35 M sold. We ll see.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
PS5/pc s multiplatform. Their wording s strange. Yes, destiny ll stay multi, its printing money. But for future games it doesnt mean it ll be on xbox. Going by sales, xbox wont pass 30,35 M sold. We ll see.
My stance is the summary of everything they said that they will independently publish where they want and that their games will be anywhere people play games is that the power is in Bungies hands if they want to support an Xbox version

That said all Sony needs to do is really up the bonus incentives for Bungie decision makers on excluding Xbox

And the market dynamics have changed pretty dramatically in the past year

They could have just been a bit loose in what they were saying in that PR anyway. Offer it to Xbox if it's through PS Plus for example

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I thought Matter was their mobile game with NetEase.

And Marathon was their next console game.

No, Destiny Mobile is what they’re making with NetEase. Matter and Marathon are either the same game or two different projects. 3 console/pc games are rumored to be further in incubation/development.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
More like PS5, Xbox, PC and Switch …. Exclusive multiplayer games does not fit what Bungie is doing with their games. They will publish their games on everything down to mobile.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

This tweet is full of fake news. Bungie trademarked the brand Matter before being bought by Sony, so very likely will be the name of one of the multiple new IPs they are developing. This is what everybody assumed since the trademark was discovered. But who knows, it could also be the name of a Destiny DLC, or a new game engine they could be developing, or a mobile game, or a movie or tv show they may have in the works.

In addition to this, Bungie and Sony said that all future Bungie games will be multiplatform.

The artwork is from a Twitter account that posts similar fanart posters for different -mostly Sony- games.

Bungie is developing multiple games, including multiple new IPs. So even assuming Matter is one of the new IPs they are working on and that it isn't a mobile game, maybe it isn't a TPS. But I think Sony wants to have their own 'Fortnite' and will task Bungie to chase that.

That said all Sony needs to do is really up the bonus incentives for Bungie decision makers on excluding Xbox
I think future Bungie games and dlcs will continue published on rival consoles, day one, fully featured and (in a 99.99%, like any multiplatform game) with the same quality.

But what Sony will keep exclusive for PS will be the marketing, the console bundles, the game themed consoles or gamepads, and the potential inclusion in game subs (PS Plus) maybe also including cloud gaming.

Since they published on cloud gaming via Stadia, they may also support other (specially the non MS/Nintendo owned ones) cloud gaming platforms such as Amazon Luna.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I've heard that the image used is some Destiny concept art.
The image is from here:

This fan made twitter account makes cool fan made posters of Sony games / PS exclusives using images from different sources, sometimes not even from the games they are talking about.

They don't have insider info or leaked stuff:
Fjy6GVmWAAAg0zS

FuCPFYJaUAEVHwl

FuA7GpWWIAEHbt0

FuAPGuLWYAQ3duS

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This tweet is full of fake news. Bungie trademarked the brand Matter before being bought by Sony, so very likely will be the name of one of the multiple new IPs they are developing. This is what everybody assumed since the trademark was discovered. But who knows, it could also be the name of a Destiny DLC, or a new game engine they could be developing, or a mobile game, or a movie or tv show they may have in the works.

In addition to this, Bungie and Sony said that all future Bungie games will be multiplatform.

The artwork is from a Twitter account that posts similar fanart posters for different -mostly Sony- games.

Bungie is developing multiple games, including multiple new IPs. So even assuming Matter is one of the new IPs they are working on and that it isn't a mobile game, maybe it isn't a TPS. But I think Sony wants to have their own 'Fortnite' and will task Bungie to chase that.

I think future Bungie games and dlcs will continue published on rival consoles, day one, fully featured and (in a 99.99%, like any multiplatform game) with the same quality.

But what Sony will keep exclusive for PS will be the marketing, the console bundles, the game themed consoles or gamepads, and the potential inclusion in game subs (PS Plus) maybe also including cloud gaming.

Since they published on cloud gaming via Stadia, they may also support other (specially the non MS/Nintendo owned ones) cloud gaming platforms such as Amazon Luna.
Most of this was mentioned in my back story link of info from 2022.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't like Bungie at all. I'm not about to go try playing Halo games again or start playing some generic looking FPS MMO but if they make a new IP they have my curiosity.

Halo campaign is so boring to me that it makes those game unplayable for me.