Rumor: Dragon Age Veilguard Pre-Orders are really bad

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Dragon-Age-1.png

Two sources report that Dragon Age Veilguard is bad:

YouTuber Doctor Disaster shared, “I have an acquaintance in the retail world, someone who runs nine stores that sells video games. And I am hearing that these ratios that we’re seeing in damn near every video released for Dragon Age: The Veilguard, these ratios are correlating with piss poor pre-sales data. People are not connecting with The Veilguard because Dragon Age games are supposed to be dark and gritty and this just looks completely soft.”
Craig Skistimas aka Stuttering Craig who owns and hosts the Side Scrollers Podcast channel informed That Park Place that his retail source, who previously indicated that pre-order sales for both Star Wars Outlaws and Assassin’s Creed Shadows, pre-orders for Dragon Age: The Veilguard are “not Astro Bot numbers.”
Source

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

How many threads are you gonna make about this?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Just looking at the Picture tells me all i need to know. Hideous character designs for the "modern audience," western publisher, which tells me shallow gameplay and DEI, Sweet baby inc agenda around every corner. I hope it fails.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023

How many threads are you gonna make about this?

Don't you dare question John Elden Ring.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The Qunari look awful in this game. They need to stick with showing the other races for the random generated Rook. I'm not too bother by the new artstyle but ugh the Qunari got butchered by it in this game for sure.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Just looking at the Picture tells me all i need to know. Hideous character designs for the "modern audience," western publisher, which tells me shallow gameplay and DEI, Sweet baby inc agenda around every corner. I hope it fails.

You say that but bioware games have always had political stuff and romance options going back to games they made on ps3 and 360 long before dei was a thing.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
That’s the Star Trek argument … that’s not the point… it’s the dumpster fire of talent employed at nuBioware clearly incapable of even keeping fans pleased. TNG is the greatest tv show of all time; Discovery and SNW cringe trash.

I am giving them a chance (again). Andromeda and Anthem showed promise as action games; so okay —- maybe they can become something different and good. You’d hope… but I doubt there’s even many of the same devs there since those games either

To me this looks like a quickly made sequel. Not much of a step from Inquisition; which was already terrible…. Screams half-assery.

EA seems serious about stepping their game up tho… so we shall see if that’s carried over to BioWare.

Reactions: Say1nMan

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
That’s the Star Trek argument … that’s not the point… it’s the dumpster fire of talent employed at nuBioware clearly incapable of even keeping fans pleased. TNG is the greatest tv show of all time; Discovery and SNW cringe trash.

I am giving them a chance (again). Andromeda and Anthem showed promise as action games; so okay —- maybe they can become something different and good. You’d hope… but I doubt there’s even many of the same devs there since those games either

To me this looks like a quickly made sequel. Not much of a step from Inquisition; which was already terrible…. Screams half-assery.

EA seems serious about stepping their game up tho… so we shall see if that’s carried over to BioWare.
To me, BioWare has two chances left to get back on track with this game and the next Mass Effect game. We’ll see how it will fare.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Don't you dare question John Elden Ring.
Let the voice be heard. Make 1000 threads about it and let publishers know that you reject this shit.
I am all for dooming every game that the majority of despise. Let them hear you and vote with your wallet, and keep shitting on the dead horse.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
To me, BioWare has two chances left to get back on track with this game and the next Mass Effect game. We’ll see how it will fare.
Mass effect is still in pre production. This game is their last chance. EA won't invest in full production of Mass Effect. They actually might give it Motive as these guys seems to be capable of making good games.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
They lied about Outlaws preorders being incredible. They are lying about Assassin creed having good preorders, there are definitely lies in the media hyping of Dragon Age.

Again though just give ports of origins and 2 to Playstation.

Reactions: Dabaus

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
People dunk on the so called gooners and chuds but forget that they buy the games day 1 most expensive editions, These people boycotting will result in missing revenue targets.

The game may sell 10 million overall but how many of them sold in the launch quarter at full price and how many sold at discounts at black friday are a big deal, 1-2million less copies sold in launch window is catastrophic for modern AAA games. Gamers dont even need to stop buying games they can just make these publishers miss revenue targets for the quarter that is more than enough. Naughty Dog will face the same , Good luck to them if they think they will do TloU 2 numbers in launch week again