Rumor: Sony is working on multiple Remakes and Remasters for 2024 & 2025

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
There's a lot of stuff they should just release all the source code and art to like MAG, Warhawk, Fat Princess, etc. Lots of great games from the PS3 era that will never be brought back to sale. If they're not doing a SOCOM reboot, I think we've seen the last of Starhawk. Tho tbf, I wouldn't have predicted Helldivers 2.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The problem is there charging there playerbase high while on PC is cheaper or discounted. GOT is $50 when it should be $70 PS really making PC the best way to play PS games & at a cheaper price then there own platform.
Well, I got the original PS4 game at launch for around $40 on retail due to some weird discount I found back then.

Nowaday you can get the PS4 version for under $20 and upgrade it to the PS5 version, which adding the extra is still cheaper than in PC:

GoT PS4: https://psprices.com/region-us/game/4106038/ghost-of-tsushima-legends
image.png

GoT DC PS4: https://psprices.com/region-us/game/4715947/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut
image.png

And well, this is ignoring you that in PS can get the game in PS+ too, as use to be the case with most games ported to PC.

24 Jun 2022
I wonder how many of those remasters will launch simultaneously on PC?

This is why Sony have dominated the market; rehashes, remakes and remasters instead of new IPs

Oh wait.

If they had a new AA remake, AA new IP, AAA remake or AAA new IP exclusive to the console around roughly the same time, remasters being Day 1 on PC would be of little to no consequence TBH.

It's the fact they currently don't have that type of cadence why it panning out as you suggest would be more salt on the proverbial wound.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony isn't even bothering with PS1/PS2/PS3 games, fans have been asking for a Legend of the Dragoon remake for years and they give us a Horizon Zero Dawn remaster?

They can eat a dick!!!

The game is available for free on PS Plus premium but it barely has any downloads. I dont think enough fans actually want it

None of the ps1 classics have that many downloads which is a shame. I love Jumping Flash and Ape Escape, but they have less than 1000 reviews

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Basically just glorified PC releases... tired of this.

Console seems like an afterthought sometimes to Sony these days.

I think we actually need to buy Sony stock to knock some sense into these.... people.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

I think we actually need to buy Sony stock to knock some sense into these.... people.

If only we can convince someone rich like Elon Musk to do that

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The game is available for free on PS Plus premium but it barely has any downloads. I dont think enough fans actually want it

None of the ps1 classics have that many downloads which is a shame. I love Jumping Flash and Ape Escape, but they have less than 1000 reviews
That’s a horrible way to gauge interest

Isn’t @Sircaw a billionaire? 🧐

• Surprised
  • sad
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It is PlayStation's 30th Anniversary this year. I could see them pulling a lot of remakes and remasters for nostalgia's sake. Also make a PS1 themed PS5 and a PS2 themed PS5 Pro!

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Warhawk - Remake - PS5 / PC
Infamous trilogy Remaster
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer 😁
Motorstorm trilogy
Puppeteer

Of course none of these will happen

• party
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Warhawk - Remake - PS5 / PC
Infamous trilogy Remaster
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer 😁
Motorstorm trilogy
Puppeteer

Of course none of these will happen
I see Knack Remaster and Knack 3 as something more likely and financially viable.
But I'd love to see Motorstorm Collection and Pupppeteer back, specially if PSVR2 compatible.