|Rumor| Starfield

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So something interesting about those "culling their physical media team" reports, can't they just outsource it? I saw they dropped a lot of internal customer support staff in favor of outsourcing that work (ha, what a great idea, even worse customer service now)

I imagine, as you said though, they probably will drop their phys. media in general, as most of their sales are all digital anyways, either that or gamepass.
There's also the leaked documents that mention all of their mid gen refresh consoles as being digital only.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It really makes no sense to stagger out these PS5 releases once The Strategy is decided. Starfield could've sold 5M+ on PS5. A year later it won't have the same punch.
They don't want to flood the PS Stores with all their games at once.

I think a game every 2-3 months in slower periods would work best for them.

Edit : Nevermind, you were talking about doing day one with PS5 and I agree. Timed exclusive would be only for games who are still in the process of porting to PS5.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
There's also the leaked documents that mention all of their mid gen refresh consoles as being digital only.
I remember something like that but weren't those plans from a while ago? I could be wrong, I don't remember which year was on those documents but I do remember what you're talking about. The weird cylindrical Xbox design, right? I thought that design was stupid when I saw it because I thought of all the ways it could just roll if it ever went on its side.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
you're talking about SneakerSO, right? I have seen something about that but I haven't really looked directly into it, I know nothing of SneakerSO's posts, I've only heard it from down the line, never read a post of theirs.

EDIT: Not sure if that's their name or how you spell it, saw something similar.
That's the guy. Look, I don't think MS will come out on stage and say: 'We're abandoning xbox, see ya suckers". I don't even think they'll exit the hardware business even next gen. But I do think they'll start releasing games on PS. Not day and date at first but even if that was to happen, they'll have some incentive for xbox hardware owners. Maybe cheaper games or early access.

So it'll definitely be a strategy shift but they're not doing a full Sega.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
I know a lot of people are curious and maybe even hoping the game is just your standard Bethesda jank and people’s reactions were overblown, but I would caution anyone thinking spending 70$ on this game is a good idea.

It’s one of the most boring, dated at release, unimaginative triple AAA game I have played in recent memory.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That's the guy. Look, I don't think MS will come out on stage and say: 'We're abandoning xbox, see ya suckers". I don't even think they'll exit the hardware business even next gen. But I do think they'll start releasing games on PS. Not day and date at first but even if that was to happen, they'll have some incentive for xbox hardware owners. Maybe cheaper games or early access.

Even that much of a shift would be a massive blow to the diehards on that side. If they made all their big games timed exclusive before going to other consoles the issue of what devs they acquire becomes less of a problem for those who game on Playstation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

Got ya, good to know I knew who you were talking about.

I definitely have a feeling some games are going to make their move to PS, no idea what would it would be, but that much is true. We know without a doubt some are moving over, but the question is which, and with so many rumors flying off the handle, some people selling their Xbox already (I know the dude who got put in an article has a PC so it didn't affect him) I feel like we will have no definitive answer until Xbox makes an announcement which Phil said was "next week" but not when next week.

I think it will be limited to live service and lesser titles, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It makes no sense to make their hardware useless (in terms of native gameplay, not cloud)

I switched to PC back in 2018 to continue my pursuit in competitive fps via R6: Siege. I don't care about that game anymore but PC is definitely the better of the two between Xbox and PC if you have the money for it.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I know a lot of people are curious and maybe even hoping the game is just your standard Bethesda jank and people’s reactions were overblown, but I would caution anyone thinking spending 70$ on this game is a good idea.

It’s one of the most boring, dated at release, unimaginative triple AAA game I have played in recent memory.
I can definitely agree that it feels dated already and unimaginative. I played it on release (that was with a GTX 1080) and it was okay, mid 40s for FPS. I had the same GPU since 2018, I upgraded to a 4080 and I still have not gone back to Starfield, fwiw, I had fun on it at least, but I don't think there's much replayability due to the very monotonous
power grinding where you have to find all of these temples on different planets just to go through the same process and the same animation that feels like it takes absolute years to witness

and I say that as a huge Bethesda D-rider. Elder Scrolls is my favorite series, up there with the Soulsborne games.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I remember something like that but weren't those plans from a while ago? I could be wrong, I don't remember which year was on those documents but I do remember what you're talking about. The weird cylindrical Xbox design, right? I thought that design was stupid when I saw it because I thought of all the ways it could just roll if it ever went on its side.
It was part of a larger leak where they said some things were outdated but didn't specify which things.

Reactions: Exicide

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
View attachment 4103

I already had a feeling, and if what NateTheHate says is indeed true, I was correct in having that feeling, the last line says it all. "MS will keep high profile games exclusive."

What do you guys think?

Source
Nah. Jeff Gerstmann had the right take. If CoD and Minecraft are multiplatform, who gives a fuck if all the less popular franchises are. Microsoft wants money, and the erosion of MS SP 1st party exclusives at any level is a tipping point that will lead to lower console sales, unsustainable development costs for those exclusives, and fewer exclusives until there are none left.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Almost 59,99$

Screenshot_20240207-195746.png