|Rumor| Starfield

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Xboxera, Jez, Tom Warren, all the official mouthpieces are confirming it. Xbox is done. You love to see it 😁

Its Over GIF
Yeah. The console is done.

EDMIX

This is one of those, where there is smoke, there is fire type things.

I'm not shocked or even remotely surprised.

We all know that if those buyouts of those 2 publishers did not result in massive XB sales, that they'd just go 3rd party completely. (well, most of us I think got that impression)

MS goal is to make money and if that means going 3rd party, they will get theirs...

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I've got no evidence for what I'm about to say, I genuinely do not believe half of these leaks, it's just way too many moving on over, there is no feasible way that Xbox thinks this is a good idea in the slightest. I don't really care either way because I'm on PC, but I don't think many of the rumors are true.

At the most, I can see Sea of Thieves and possibly another live service moving to multiplat, and that would be a great move.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: flaccidsnake

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've got no evidence for what I'm about to say, I genuinely do not believe half of these leaks, it's just way too many moving on over, there is no feasible way that Xbox thinks this is a good idea in the slightest. I don't really care either way because I'm on PC, but I don't think many of the rumors are true.

At the most, I can see Sea of Thieves and possibly another live service moving to multiplat, and that would be a great move.
Let Go Nickelodeon GIF by Paramount+

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm standing by my statement, how many games have been rumored so far? It's almost their entire catalogue except for Halo, no?
I believe the only exclusives they will have are the ones that aren't financially viable to develop, and the ones that are will only be exclusive for the period of time it takes to make the port. There could be a brief period where they have 6-12 month timed exclusivity but it will go away when microsoft's board sees the income from gamers who actually pay for and buy games.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
1707330943048.png

I already had a feeling, and if what NateTheHate says is indeed true, I was correct in having that feeling, the last line says it all. "MS will keep high profile games exclusive."

What do you guys think?

Source

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
View attachment 4103

I already had a feeling, and if what NateTheHate says is indeed true, I was correct in having that feeling, the last line says it all. "MS will keep high profile games exclusive."

What do you guys think?

Source
I think he got scared of the big bad MS lawyers and s trying to backtrack.

The only leaker that has always been right so far, that Snake something guy, doubled down on these ports today and saying more to come.

Hell, both the CFO and the CEO outright stated they;re bringing their games to other platforms, and Satya even mentioned PS by name.

Anything else is pure xbox copium. Next week's gonna be a bloodshed with all the shills working overtime to try and bring this down, only fot this to be actually true in the end.

Again, you don't announce a "business strategy" conference to tell people nothing's changing.

All this back pedaling from shills and influencers is an attempt to dampen the impact of the 3rd party releases announcements. This is 100% happening.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I don't think these guys actually know the full extent of what MS plans are.
That is true, no one but MS knows what their fully laid out plan is, but I have seen a lot of rumors about seemingly every game going multiplatform, to which I always never took at face value because it makes no sense. They still have a hardware team and a physical media team. I can easily see smaller games that are exclusive going multiplat though.

The one I'm hoping for at least is Sea of Thieves because I high-key want everyone to experience that game, it's great.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
View attachment 4103

What do you guys think?

Source
I think it's bullshit. The high profile games are the ones they want multiplat because those are the ones they're losing the most money on because their console userbase doesnt buy games.

This whole backtracking business is 100% orchestrated PR management.

Reactions: Satoru

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

The only leaker that has always been right so far, that Snake something guy, doubled down on these ports today and saying more to come.

Hell, both the CFO and the CEO outright stated they;re bringing their games to other platforms, and Satya even mentioned PS by name.

Anything else is pure xbox copium. Next week's gonna be a bloodshed with all the shills working overtime to try and bring this down, only fot this to be actually true in the end.

Again, you don't announce a "business strategy" conference to tell people nothing's changing.

All this back pedaling from shills and influencers is an attempt to dampen the impact of the 3rd party releases announcements. This is 100% happening.
you're talking about SneakerSO, right? I have seen something about that but I haven't really looked directly into it, I know nothing of SneakerSO's posts, I've only heard it from down the line, never read a post of theirs.

EDIT: Not sure if that's their name or how you spell it, saw something similar.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That is true, no one but MS knows what their fully laid out plan is, but I have seen a lot of rumors about seemingly every game going multiplatform, to which I always never took at face value because it makes no sense. They still have a hardware team and a physical media team. I can easily see smaller games that are exclusive going multiplat though.

The one I'm hoping for at least is Sea of Thieves because I high-key want everyone to experience that game, it's great.
Based on what's been going on with stores and reports of them culling their physical media team, I think MS will be dropping physical media by next gen.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

I'd agree that it doesn't seem like it would make sense to have a big, ominously announced business meeting if it was just ports of old, smaller games.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Based on what's been going on with stores and reports of them culling their physical media team, I think MS will be dropping physical media by next gen.
So something interesting about those "culling their physical media team" reports, can't they just outsource it? I saw they dropped a lot of internal customer support staff in favor of outsourcing that work (ha, what a great idea, even worse customer service now)

I imagine, as you said though, they probably will drop their phys. media in general, as most of their sales are all digital anyways, either that or gamepass.