Rumor] Take 2 might be partnering with FIFA for a new 2k soccer (football) game.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

I have some doubts.
2KFC is a bit too much for me to take at face value considering the circumstances.
By circumstances I mean April fools is tomorrow(or possibly already begun depending on where they live in the world).

The good news is that we won't have to wait long till we know if there's any validity to it and to this guy in general(when it comes to 2K leaks).

Reactions: kuzon

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
TakeTwo and EA right now

premier league epl GIF

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I'm sure the memes will be good lol. But hopefully the game is good. More competition for soccer games can only be better

Reactions: TigerFang

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
FIFA 2K24 would make total sense if they are able to get the licenses for the main national teams, and all the clubs and players from the main leagues.

But I'd prefer FIFA KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), which is what this account seems to suggest.

image.png

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
FIFA 2K24 would make total sense if they are able to get the licenses for the main national teams, and all the clubs and players from the main leagues.

But I'd prefer FIFA KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), which is what this account seems to suggest.

image.png
I was one of the playtesters and let me tell you, the gameplay was finger licking good

angry charlotte flair GIF by WWE

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This thread and rumor is from Feb why would this be an April Fools joke? If it is tht was alot of forward planning

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
Options for sports games are great. However, 2k will have less licenses than EA and this game might get overrun with 2k's bullshit VC microtransction.
If it is 2K then this job listing might be relevant.

"We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the 2K: Core Games Product team. Your role will be to help strategically shape content, live service, and monetization plans to marry player value and commercial goals. You will work closely with studios and product leadership to develop, guide, implement, and optimize the Live Services strategies supporting our new IPs' creative vision."

They are looking for people to create monetization models for "new IPs." Could be for the FIFA game if the rumor is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If it 2K then this job listing might be relevent.

"We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the 2K: Core Games Product team. Your role will be to help strategically shape content, live service, and monetization plans to marry player value and commercial goals. You will work closely with studios and product leadership to develop, guide, implement, and optimize the Live Services strategies supporting our new IPs' creative vision."

They are looking for people to create monetization models for "new IPs." Could for the FIFA game if the rumor is true.

Nice find.

Reactions: Syndr0mePK

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Would be a huge threat to EA. 2k is the most popular sports game in the U.S. by far. If take 2 can take a chunk out of their soccer dominance globally it would be cool to see.
Huh? Madden beats it every year, comfortably.

Anyways, I suspect that the name is a joke even though it was posted slightly before AFD. The reason? The name has KFC in it (haha) when prior to this year none of the soccer series had FC in the name. If this really were to happen then T2 could just go with the old FIFA ## standby. EA doesn't have a trademark on the calendar year.

Last edited: