Rumor: Until Dawn Is Coming To PS5 and PC |UP| Rumor Virtuous Devs involved

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I am having a hard time seeing the necessity of a native PS5 version, since the frame rate and resolution are unlocked and the game runs 4K 60FPS on PS5 already.
looking at a video, it has some significant fps drops so I guess that's why they're doing it...but a stability patch was all that was needed. I wonder who's working on this remaster?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sleep Yawn GIF

Reactions: gokuss4

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
More remasters. Yay.

More PC Day 1. Yay.

Not a bad move or game in isolation, but I'm waiting to hear more about new PS5 exclusives (actual exclusives, not 'console-exclusive') that aren't just AA indie Soulsborne Clone #1284730484 when they have the Bloodborne IP sitting right there in their vault.
I can't believe that 2024 Playstation is resembling 2010 Xbox. This is the start of the end. The smoke is spreading fast.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What a waste of time and resources. It's already on PS4 through Backwards compatibility. If only they had bought Supermassive and continued to build out the Universe...

A company that is clearly losing its way slowly

24 Jun 2022
I can't believe that 2024 Playstation is resembling 2010 Xbox. This is the start of the end. The smoke is spreading fast.

That's what happens when complacency sets in. Like, I still have some faith that there's a lot of interesting stuff going on BTS with PlayStation when it comes to 1P AAA, AA, actual exclusives (reversing the PC strategy or just scaling it back to some GaaS titles), future hardware beyond "more powerful than the last one" (because it'll take 7-8 years for a game to really utilize that power and by that point the gen is over), 3P M&As, investments etc...

...but the lack of clear communication on it is deafening at this point. Even if they had to pivot hard internally relatively late (like early 2023 late) and might not have too much on the 1P front to show the next couple of years, at least more partnerships and investments, M&As etc. w/ 3P (not just simple timed exclusives or marketing deals for games otherwise going to PC and multiplatform Day 1) could help out things in the meanwhile.

Because we know Nintendo's gearing up for some big stuff with Switch 2, and Xbox is making some good moves again after what seemed like an extended period of nothing (Avowed even if it looks kind of jank, Hellblade 2 even if it seems like a DLC expansion, Indiana Jones, lucking into the Palworld craze, somehow still having shills & influencers keep most gaming discussion around Xbox one way or another).

Meanwhile more PS people just keep pointing to sales charts, or trying to spin a possibly growing focus on PC (at the expense of the console's identity) as good by saying "at least it's not Xbox!". It's just getting extremely tiring.

What a waste of time and resources. It's already on PS4 through Backwards compatibility. If only they had bought Supermassive and continued to build out the Universe...

A company that is clearly losing its way slowly

That's the thing; why does this game need a PS5 remaster when it plays perfectly fine through BC and with resolution & framerate improvements (plus load time improvements) as-is? Oh it's so they can justify bringing it to PC and make it look like the console is still the focus, riiight.

The console being the focus would mean an Until Dawn 2 announcement for PS5, but this rumor has nothing in that regard. Talk is cheap, action is everything.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That's the thing; why does this game need a PS5 remaster when it plays perfectly fine through BC and with resolution & framerate improvements (plus load time improvements) as-is? Oh it's so they can justify bringing it to PC and make it look like the console is still the focus, right

The console being the focus would mean an Until Dawn 2 announcement for PS5, but this rumor has nothing in that regard. Talk is cheap, action is everything.

I don't even think it's possible for them to get an exclusive from Supermassive games for the foreseeable future even if they wanted to, because of how booked they are. It's just crazy to me, Sony built these guys up and then abandoned them once they made it... All because they had no expectations for Until Dawn and thought it was a flop.

Also if they are gonna port this, then bring it to PSVR2 and tweak it at least.

The entire PS2 and PS3 / PSP catalog are all rotting away and they keep porting games we already have in our libraries and available on PS+ lol.

The PS4 success has been a double edged sword for PlayStation it seems. Brought them back to the top but now too many hands in the jar seeking endless growth and profit at the detriment of what made the brand special.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Unnecessary if true. What's next? Detroit?

If they really want to push remasters, they should port the GoW complete Greek saga, the Infamous games, patch TLG (and didn't SotC have issues on PS5?) and port ICO - or better remake it while they are at it.

24 Jun 2022
Isnt alot of the talent from super massive working with sony under the name of a new studio? Thats no moon or something?

Even if they are, we've heard nothing official about it and have seen nothing of what they're working on. So it might as well be a project name ATM like a lot of those Xbox projects (some of which are at this point likely vaporware).

Reactions: Dabaus

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't even think it's possible for them to get an exclusive from Supermassive games for the foreseeable future even if they wanted to, because of how booked they are. It's just crazy to me, Sony built these guys up and then abandoned them once they made it... All because they had no expectations for Until Dawn and thought it was a flop.

Also if they are gonna port this, then bring it to PSVR2 and tweak it at least.

The entire PS2 and PS3 / PSP catalog are all rotting away and they keep porting games we already have in our libraries and available on PS+ lol.

The PS4 success has been a double edged sword for PlayStation it seems. Brought them back to the top but now too many hands in the jar seeking endless growth and profit at the detriment of what made the brand special.
It is like how they transitioned from PS2 to PS3, but there is no X360 this time to teach them a lesson.

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Excellent game for that genre.

I'm curious to see what is improved on PS5. The backward compatibility ran great, except for the "do not move the controller" sections.
I didnt notice anything wrong with it, i played it last year and it worked fine i guess? I didnt fail it at least.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It is like how they transitioned from PS2 to PS3, but there is no X360 this time to teach them a lesson.
The PS5 generation will be the lesson. I fully understand the need for them to try and expand their ecosystem, but they are going about it the wrong way.

Once the dust settles on this generation we'll see how much damage has been done. Now we have a CEO who hates gaming taking over the reigns in a few months.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The PS5 generation will be the lesson. I fully understand the need for them to try and expand their ecosystem, but they are going about it the wrong way.

Once the dust settles on this generation we'll see how much damage has been done. Now we have a CEO who hates gaming taking over the reigns in a few months.
Problem is that PS6 generation will suffer too. We won't see correction till mid 2030s 😁

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They got one in 2023.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Problem is that PS6 generation will suffer too. We won't see correction till mid 2030s 😁
Well it's my fave gaming brand so I want to see them succeed. But this PC / GaaS strategy was poorly thought out and it's just muddied the waters and pipeline.

They'll always have a diehard base though, they know that. That's why they are acting the way they are.