Rumor: Until Dawn Is Coming To PS5 and PC |UP| Rumor Virtuous Devs involved

24 Jun 2022
Well it's my fave gaming brand so I want to see them succeed. But this PC / GaaS strategy was poorly thought out and it's just muddied the waters and pipeline.

They'll always have a diehard base though, they know that. That's why they are acting the way they are.

Yeah but some of that diehard base will inevitably opt out of future consoles and move their spending dollars over to something like Steam. Problem for Sony is, they're also always the first adopters, so early adoption of future hardware will suffer (we could even see this begin as soon as the PS5 Pro). And with slow early adoption, that will slow down or put a cap on maximum casual & mainstream adoption rates of the hardware, too.

Not to mention, some of the defectors will be among the highest ARPU in the ecosystem, so magnitudes of money relative the individual would now be lost in revenue. PS has the brand power to never have a floor as bad as Xbox (at worst, probably 70-80 million lifetime for unit sales), but their revenue could decline heavily and even more so since Sony don't have an ABK or Minecraft etc. just churning out revenue on the regular.

That's assuming the current porting strategy remains, of course. Or especially, if they accelerate it.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I think this is not true. It would be a welcomed but somewhat meh addition to the PC catalog and doesn't offer much value to PS5 users.

Pretty odd choice of a game to port but what do I know... they ported sack boy. Wouldn't surprise me if destruction all stars goes next.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I didnt notice anything wrong with it, i played it last year and it worked fine i guess? I didnt fail it at least.
It felt hyper sensitive in my case and I failed a couple lol. Like I was for sure holding the controller still but it kept drifting to one side.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think this is not true. It would be a welcomed but somewhat meh addition to the PC catalog and doesn't offer much value to PS5 users.

Pretty odd choice of a game to port but what do I know... they ported sack boy. Wouldn't surprise me if destruction all stars goes next.
There's a movie in production and it's still a great game. I think it makes much more sense than other more recent ports.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah but some of that diehard base will inevitably opt out of future consoles and move their spending dollars over to something like Steam. Problem for Sony is, they're also always the first adopters, so early adoption of future hardware will suffer (we could even see this begin as soon as the PS5 Pro). And with slow early adoption, that will slow down or put a cap on maximum casual & mainstream adoption rates of the hardware, too.

Not to mention, some of the defectors will be among the highest ARPU in the ecosystem, so magnitudes of money relative the individual would now be lost in revenue. PS has the brand power to never have a floor as bad as Xbox (at worst, probably 70-80 million lifetime for unit sales), but their revenue could decline heavily and even more so since Sony don't have an ABK or Minecraft etc. just churning out revenue on the regular.

That's assuming the current porting strategy remains, of course. Or especially, if they accelerate it.
Whatever Sony may do in the future, I am NEVER going to switch to PC gaming, and a lot more people are like me than you realize. I'd either switch to a different console or just play my backlog and old stuff.

Don't kid yourself, PC gaming is NOT appealing to the vast majority of console users, and NEVER will be. Shit, I have a MacBook Pro that can handle current games very well, and all I ever really did with it gaming-wise is run the Borderlands 3 benchmark.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Meh. I played and completed Until Dawn back when it launched and for me, it was a good 7.0/10 game. The first half was better due to it being like a serial killer game but the second half went in a basic direction and I was like, ugh, why did they do this? The first half was just more interesting and intriguing in my opinion.

I wish Sony would remake Jak & Daxter ala Ratchet 2016 and Resistance. Oh well. Maybe one day.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Until Dawn is still the best game from Supermassive. I played a few of the Dark Pictures and The Quarry and I'm embarrassed for them.

It was so shit compared to Until Dawn. I played Until Dawn after so it's not even nostalgia. They are just bad.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Until Dawn is still the best game from Supermassive. I played a few of the Dark Pictures and The Quarry and I'm embarrassed for them.

It was so shit compared to Until Dawn. I played Until Dawn after so it's not even nostalgia. They are just bad.
I loved it!

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters