[Rumour] Sony made deals with Konami for Metal Gear, Silent Hill and Castlevania exclusivity

D

Deleted member 417

It takes two to tango. If MS are imposing strict parity clauses between XSS and XSX, while having the least sold console, why would a 3rd party dev even bother with xbox?

Exclusivity on PS5 is just a no-brainer at this point. You make the game for 1 console that offers you the best chance of returns due to sheer numbers sold.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
MGS3 remake from bluepoint
GIF by NBA

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Scared Symbols talked a while ago about this…
I can remember they said it’s a potential Castlevania Symphony of the Night 3D Remake. That would be huge if true.

Btw: The best entry of all Castlevania imo.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's Jez, so we'll see, but I could see that happening. It may be part of why MS and their senators are so worried about what Sony are doing in Japan.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sony always had a great relationship with Konami. MGS4 is still exclusive to PS3 and 2 Acid games and Portable ops to PSP.

We finally get a new MG game.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

@Airbus

Rumor is that an Asian company is working on a remake of MGS3. Bluepoint is apparently working on an "original project". The other rumor is that both MGS1 and 3 remakes are in production with no clues about who;s working on MGS1.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nobody will care. MS could simply outbid it.
How is that still an argument? Every single 3rd party exclusive Sony has, MS could have had. They're several times bigger than Sony.

It's their problem that the price would skyrocket because Xbox's market share is low but if MS truly wanted these exclusives, they could have gotten them.

But no, it's the big bad Sony taking exclusives from little MS.

P.S.

I'm actually not a big fan of these exclusives on games that used to be multiplatform. I just hate the rhetoric shills use against PS here.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I remember back in 2019 before this generation began there was a rumor on 4chan that Sony actually tried to buy those IP from Konami. I guess they worked something out to revive those ip together instead. Also, I wouldn’t dub Jez
Cordon as the final say on anything PlayStation so taking with a massive grain of salt.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
How is that still an argument? Every single 3rd party exclusive Sony has, MS could have had. They're several times bigger than Sony.

It's their problem that the price would skyrocket because Xbox's market share is low but if MS truly wanted these exclusives, they could have gotten them.

P.S.

I'm actually not a big fan of these exclusives on games that used to be multiplatform. I just hate the rhetoric shills use against PS here.

P.S.

And that’s the thing: MS can outbid anything if they want to. But the gamepass strategy fucked them up. Publishers will only sign deals with them if they pay for the ports. They’re not wasting their money in a version they won’t sell because the users expect everything on gamepass

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
He is deliberately doing it to create outrage. Sony has all these exclusives and MS is not allowed to buy Activision boohoo

Yep just like Phil’s “we’re the victims” apology tour to score regulator pity points.

It’s all theater.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I remember back in 2019 before this generation began there was a rumor on 4chan that Sony actually tried to buy those IP from Konami. I guess they worked something out to revive those ip together instead. Also, I wouldn’t dub Jez
Cordon as the final say on anything PlayStation so taking with a massive grain of salt.
That rumor was copium from people who weren't happy with Konami's output. If two Japanese companies were going to do a high stakes deal like that, an English website like 4chan wasn't where the world was going to learn about it first.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I hope Capcom is smart enough not to make it an Xbox exclusive. As for the Sony show, I think it's gonna be a BLAST. Good feeling, man.