Samus Aran is not in Fortnite because Nintendo wanted the skin visible only on Switch

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if Nintendo got there demands met and samus was only playable on switch how many people would of known about it like the mario, luigi, and samus cars on the switch version of rocket league.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Its just unfortunate he didn't find growth there
PS IP's weren't so strong at the time and the games they made weren't really gonna blow up. Also they didn't have the capital back then to fully go all the way. But, to deny he didn't have the right idea would definitely be a choice lol.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
PS IP's weren't so strong at the time and the games they made weren't really gonna blow up. Also they didn't have the capital back then to fully go all the way. But, to deny he didn't have the right idea would definitely be a choice lol.
Its also certainly a choice to think I was implying he had the wrong idea in pursuing mobile. Maybe I didnt make myself clear enough from what I was trying convey but my comments about being first to mobile and Nintendo following was not that Sony in the Andrew House era was wrong but the people in this very thread saying Nintendo is right to be protective of their characters and keep them on their platforms only are wrong when Nintendo has already broken the rule of doing just that.

Thats not even mentioning back in the day they even had games like mario is missing and mario's time machine on pc and those horrible mario and zelda games for phillips CDi. Hell I think exploring mobile is a great a idea and even dabbing in pc ports here and there can be a good idea to expand the brand.

The problem is a lot of people here think seem to think PlayStation is going to cease to exist because of a single pc port or sony spending money on something that isnt playstation related. Ive been seeing a lot of meltdowns lately saying Sony is just listening to shareholders and not being creative anymore when one of Sonys attempts to break into the mobile market was making sackboy run back in the late ps3 days which was a clone of all the auto runners you saw on any app store back in those days.

I also find this weird narrative I see on this site of sony only wanting to chase the china market nowadays when one of the big reasons the pstv was made in 2013 was to break in the china market. Now one thing I think you could crituqe about that era of Sony trying to enter the mobile market was they focused mainly on bringing PS1 classics to it instead on focusing on new mobile games. When the new mobile games did come it was stuff like I already mentioned like Sackboy Run or PlayStation All-Stars Island which was a Coke Zero Tie in cross promotional game. Also while your right Sony's IP's are stronger now then over a decade ago don't forget Nintendo was able to make a game about Mii's pretty successful in 2016 when the Mii and Wii Brand was dead at that point so you can't blame it all on IP's esspecially when Sackboy and LittleBigPlanet was at its height around that time. Granted I cant blame Sony too much as in 2012 PlayStation had to shutdown Bigbig Studios, Studio Liverpool, and Zipper Interactive. It was more was more wise at the time to savage what you could on PS Vita like Killzone Mercenary. anyway seems like ypu and me agree on the mpbile thing but you seemed to misinterpret where I was getting at in my posts.

Reactions: Danja1187 and Box

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Disney is a multimedia company
I Think you can declare Nintendo a mutlimedia company now right They aquirred Dynamo Pictures in 2022 so they own a film studio now. Also They now have theme parks too if that counts

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I Think you can declare Nintendo a mutlimedia company now right They aquirred Dynamo Pictures in 2022 so they own a film studio now. Also They now have theme parks too if that counts
They are but not in the way Disney is. Disney is more relaxed with their IP's as they have to be to keep their brand culturally relevant and so they can continue to reach new demographics as one generation outgrows them.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
And how is that working out for the Marvel and Lucasfilm IP? LOL
Disney making SHIT movies and oversaturating the market has nothing to do with what I was discussing though??

Even so the Marvel brand is still strong as you can see with the reception of Deadpool trailer and the current X-Men 97 series.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
So what' you're saying is Andrew House knew exactly where to invest their IP's? Because mobile is exactly where they should be seeking growth.
And they actually are they've got most of Mihoyos mobile games on their console and they're clearly starting to dip their toes in Shift Ups field I wouldn't be surprised if the add Nikke to the potential roster in the future. Not to mention Yostar as well.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Disney making SHIT movies and oversaturating the market has nothing to do with what I was discussing though??

Even so the Marvel brand is still strong as you can see with the reception of Deadpool trailer and the current X-Men 97 series.
The deadpool is full on nostalgia bait of Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds, they are getting pretty desperate tbh.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The deadpool is full on nostalgia bait of Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds, they are getting pretty desperate tbh.
Deadpool was gonna be a smash no matter what lol. X-Men is the next necessary step for Marvel so it makes sense.