Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

god of war ragnarok interview

SANTA MONICA STUDIO IS SEEMINGLY HIRING FOR A NEW GOD OF WAR GAME​

Keeping it Loki.
By Kieron Verbrugge2 hours ago

Santa Monica Studio, the folks behind the God of War series, have a few job listings going at the moment, but one in particular has caught the internet’s eye as it seems to suggest that the studio is staffing up for a new entry in the series.
The listing in question is asking for a Combat Designer to join the team based in California for the development of a “new unannounced title.”
What makes this job listing seem to confirm that Santa Monica Studio is, in fact, working on a new God of War project is a very specific call-out in the listed requirements for the role, which says:
“Must have knowledge of God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarök (2022) and be able to speak in depth about the combat systems, mechanics, and enemies.”
While it wouldn’t surprising for the studio to want someone familiar with its design ethos as a whole when looking to incorporate new talent, the language used here certainly suggests it wants someone specifically for a God of War-related project that follows in the same combat mould as the last two games.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What I want - Prequel to 2018 set in Egypt (we have the comics only)
What we'll get - Sequel to Ragnarok where Kratos has to rescue boy

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is one such comment, and is actually quite recent:

yeah, he is so right. it’s been like this for a while. its exhausting working on one thing for that long. worse for the games that are 8+ years in development. a 10 year project would likely kill me.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
?? Feels like you're trying to read too much into things? I don't see any indication of malcontent towards Sony, conversion of his game to gaas, or any of your other claims?

I don't know, comments like that, plus the ones where he was simping for Xbox, Halo Infinite, Starfield... If I were Jim I would absolutely not allow my game directors to speak like that about my direct competition. Something's amiss, and him not working on Ragnarok + having nothing to show + those tweets spells, to me, that there's issues.

And yes, I may be reading too much into things.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Maybe a DLC for Ragnarok? I just hope that Atreus will not be the main character and that the story is not rushed like in Ragnarok.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
What I want - Prequel to 2018 set in Egypt (we have the comics only)
What we'll get - Sequel to Ragnarok where Kratos has to rescue boy
With the way Ragnarok ended, that would be a good idea to have yet another adventure with him, while also having an interesting setting.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Story or gameplay? I found the story rather disappointing.
Parts of the story and how it unfolded. The execution of Ragnarok was disappointing no other way to put it. The gameplay was fine for a cross gen game.
The boss fights were also a bit disappointing for me.

Still a good game but I had expectations coming off 2018 reboot.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
After Ragnarok they needs to catch a lot in standards.
They always did in previous gens but choose to start this gen with using the same engine used in last gen.

Don't get me wrong... the game was good but it was really disapointment after GoW 2018.
At least I expected way more from Santa Monica (that always delivered).

Maybe Ragnarok should be a 2020 title for PS4.