Santa Monica Studio Is Seemingly Hiring For A New God Of War Game

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Chill, if you want to believe that it's fine. But ask any GoW fan about memorable moments.... I GUARANTEE you 90% will not mention Poseidon

I played every single GoW game and Poseidon is not THE battle I remember. Some of the best for me:
  • Colossus
  • Tisiphone & Alecto
  • Hippocampi
  • Heimdall

Reactions: Umar and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I played every single GoW game and Poseidon is not THE battle I remember. Some of the best for me:
  • Colossus
  • Tisiphone & Alecto
  • Hippocampi
  • Heimdall
THANK YOU, a list that actually makes sense, and glad to know I’m not alone with Heimdall 😁

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That already happened several times… Poseidon is always in the TOP3 replies.

You are in a bubble is you believe the opposite lol
You went from it bring “the best” to now “Top 3” 😂😂 ok I can give you that

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
THANK YOU, a list that actually makes sense, and glad to know I’m not alone with Heimdall 😁

I'm not saying Poseidon is bad, but the battle I remember from GoW 3, the one that made the game for me, is Colossus. I actually had to look up Poseidon because if forgotten of it. The only one I could remember after colossus was Hercules.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think they shoulda gone back and remade / remastered the original trilogy along with the PSP games and Ascension.

Then they coulda done an Egypt game...

I really hope this is not a Loki game / Atreus game. I really don't see that being a huge success.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
  • Colossus
  • Tisiphone & Alecto
  • Hippocampi
  • Heimdall
Except Heimdall I have no ideia who these others are…

Colossus do you mean Titans?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
there is no right/wrong ? 😂 it's all subjective
You can look across the web… vast majority will list Poseidon as of of peak moments in GoW.
No matter if you have another opinion (that is indeed subjective) what I said continue being true.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That is your opinion and it doesn’t change the fact that Poseidon is still considered one of the peak moments in GoW franchise.

Everybody remembers it.

Now Odin… well lol.
I am squeezing my head to remember Odin's boss fight.

The original trilogy has much better boss fights in general. Ragnarok story was shit. They started very slow and filled with Atreus boring sections, just to be rushed to wrap up everything.

Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I really hope this is not a Loki game / Atreus game. I really don't see that being a huge success.
Me either, they didn't do enough to establish his character in either game, and most people think he's annoying or just don't care for him. Unlike with Ellie who everyone was always rooting for. Unless Kratos is heavily involved I don't seeing it being a huge success either.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
The person said nobody remembers Poseidon... It is false. It's one of the most memorable and iconic moments of the franchise.

It's no worse than the Odin fight.
Yeah it was cinematic, it also had terrible gameplay. Most of the combat set pieces were just.moving out of the way of slow moving attacks that always land in the same spot and then rushing in with some button mashing. Rinse and repeat

Reactions: Box

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Except Heimdall I have no ideia who these others are…

Colossus do you mean Titans?

Colossus the first battle in GoW 2
Tisiphone and Alecto you fight in GoW ascencion, it's a fight in the sea
Hippocampi are Poseidon's horses, you fight them before Poseidon (their battle is much more epic)

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
You can look across the web… vast majority will list Poseidon as of of peak moments in GoW.
No matter if you have another opinion (that is indeed subjective) what I said continue being true.
I thought the Hercules boss fight was the best boss fight that everyone agreed on.
For me personally it is Zeus boss fight at the hardest difficulty.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yeah it was cinematic, it also had terrible gameplay. Most of the combat set pieces were just.moving out of the way of slow moving attacks that always land in the same spot and then rushing in with some button mashing. Rinse and repeat

Two games building him up, and that was his boss fight...

The firdt Thor fight was still the best fight in Ragnorak