Sea of Stars available launch day as a PlayStation Plus Game Catalog title August 29 – demo out today

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Writing in the demo is terrible, it's like it was written for 5 years old kids, or nintendo fans. Combat also looks as basic as you can get, though it's too early to judge by the demo.

Damn it!

post washington GIF

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
WTF, there is a disclaimer on that page telling you that "Developers have showed support for Jordan Peterson in the past" that is insane. Everytime I read someone here talking about Resetera I thought you were making jokes and exaggerating. This is a level of ideological persecution I have never seen in a gaming page before.

Surprised Meme GIF
This Jordan character is POS, but I’m not skipping this game because of him. I just don’t care enough.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yep. Telling you men to better themselves makes him a POS.
That’s not what this guy is about lol, he’s a known transphobe. He also has the same shitty views as that trash Andrew Tate guy.
Both are trash but that won’t stop me from playing this masterpiece.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Banana

10 Jan 2023
That’s not what this guy is about lol, he’s a known transphobe. He also has the same shitty views as that trash Andrew Tate guy.
I've only heard second hand stuff about Tate, but what has he said that is bad?

It's not transphobia, its righteous abhorrence to evil.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've only heard second hand stuff about Tate, but what has he said that is bad?

It's not transphobia, its righteous abhorrence to evil.
Tate is a scrub who acts like a neanderthal to get teenage boys' approval and admiration.

Also, trans people are not evil. However, the apparatus around the trans rights movement has been turned into a weapon to demonize people who disagree with a certain subset of the political class. Which is a damn shame, because trans people are largely just regular people.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Peterson is the clean your room dude?

Also I have never see a trans person before so I don't know but they are very vocal at least in the West, is just first world problems?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Also I have never see a trans person before so I don't know but they are very vocal at least in the West, is just first world problems?
i know trans people. they are not really vocal, mostly just want to be left alone.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Trans people are normal people that want their rights, a job, a family and be left alone.
Sadly, that doesn’t happen.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Trans people are normal people that want their rights, a job, a family and be left alone.
Sadly, that doesn’t happen.
Do US or Canada have laws to strip trans people rights to vote or get a job or some shit. Pretry fuck up if they do

Reactions: Box

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sooo how about that demo, guys?

My thoughts:
-Beautiful art style
-Some clever puzzles and exploration
-Solid additions to turn based combat, but the window for timing an attack boost or defence buff need to be better telegraphed, and the combat overall is trying really hard to make you use your entire moveset plus items for healing as often as possible. I like the concept, but the execution needs to be better spaced out. Not every fight should need you to turn to consumables.
-Writing is a bit, yeah...Nintendo, but it's trying to evoke SNES RPGs of yore so I'll allow it. The vibe to me says giddy adventurism - not a real negative.

Hopefully they tighten up the combat balance on level 5 before launch but I doubt something as complex as that will change all that much before launch, despite the disclaimer, unless this demo is months old.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sooo how about that demo, guys?

My thoughts:
-Beautiful art style
-Some clever puzzles and exploration
-Solid additions to turn based combat, but the window for timing an attack boost or defence buff need to be better telegraphed, and the combat overall is trying really hard to make you use your entire moveset plus items for healing as often as possible. I like the concept, but the execution needs to be better spaced out. Not every fight should need you to turn to consumables.
-Writing is a bit, yeah...Nintendo, but it's trying to evoke SNES RPGs of yore so I'll allow it. The vibe to me says giddy adventurism - not a real negative.

Hopefully they tighten up the combat balance on level 5 before launch but I doubt something as complex as that will change all that much before launch, despite the disclaimer, unless this demo is months old.
Gonna fire it up today

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I doubt I will play it but it's pretty funny it ended up on PS+ given all the hype people have for this game for some reason.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They’ve done a handful of launches. Stray on Extra. I think also a handful of games on plus essential like Hell Let Loose or Hunter Legends whatever it’s called. It’s nice when it happens.

I doubt I’m gonna play this but I like the presentation.