Sea of Thieves Beta Now Live.It is currently experiencing high volume of new players, which may result in longer waiting times than normal.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta is currently experiencing a high volume of new players, which may result in longer waiting times than normal​

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Hay hay captain @Sircaw 😂

This game never appealed to me when i first saw it,i remember watching the early videos of it when it came out and it just looked shallow to me.

I am sure they have added a lot of content and quests, etc, but still, if I were to play it, I could see myself doing it for a night or 2 with friends and then dropping it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is gonna end up doing better than the game does on Steam or Xbox.

Good for them.

Totally onboard with Xbox going third party. Gamepass would’ve just killed all these studios. Good for devs. Better for PlayStation owners.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
This is gonna end up doing better than the game does on Steam or Xbox.

Good for them.

Totally onboard with Xbox going third party. Gamepass would’ve just killed all these studios. Good for devs. Better for PlayStation owners.
From what I understand the game has done extremely well on Xbox and Steam.

I personally tried it and it did nothing for me.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, it doesn't.

Playstation's own latest game Helldivers 2 seems to have sold best on PC. Both in EU and in US the game has sold best on PC.
The only info about Helldivers worldwide is close 50/50 from the dev at launch.

Outside that we have Chris Dring saying it was not exactly 50/50 but close to it in UK or EU (I don’t remember).

We don’t know which one sold best.

But most titles indeed sells better on PlayStation than PC.

Last edited:

klomzi

8 Mar 2024

Okay, show me show me some numbers from different games, indies, aa, aaa, any games.

Im asking because a pub or dev showing platform split is extremely rare, the few I remember, like CDPR, actually shows that due to the phrase "PC got legs", Witcher 3 ended up selling better on PC in the long run and CP2077 sold better on PC from launch.

Other than that, we know that some bigger indie titles like Terraria and Stardew Valley sold best on PC.

So saying that most games or "all games" like Luke here is stating sells better on Playstation or PC for that matter is difficulty to fact check because devs and pub don't show platform split.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The only info about Helldivers worldwide is close 50/50 from the dev at launch.

Outside that we have Chris Dring saying it was not exactly 50/50 but close to it in UK or EU (I don’t remember).

We don’t know which one sold best.

Yeah, same as before.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Great to see, I hope it does well so PlayStation can get almost all games from all publishers at launch.

It will be a great boon for the platform.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Okay, show me show me some numbers from different games, indies, aa, aaa, any games.

Im asking because a pub or dev showing platform split is extremely rare, the few I remember, like CDPR, actually shows that due to the phrase "PC got legs", Witcher 3 ended up selling better on PC in the long run and CP2077 sold better on PC from launch.

Other than that, we know that some bigger indie titles like Terraria and Stardew Valley sold best on PC.

So saying that most games or "all games" like Luke here is stating sells better on Playstation or PC for that matter is difficulty to fact check because devs and pub don't show platform split.
Ubisoft last quarter…

But they are combining consoles now… before they had PS separated it was always ahead PC.

Here for example Full Year 2019-2020.

You can check others publishers and they are the same.
Most titles sells more on consoles than PC.

That is why even games exclusives to PC moved to consoles like Diablo.

For specific games we got enough evidences from splits in UK and NPD (when they used to give the order of platforms) to know that games sells more on PlayStation than PC.

Game specific most sold more on PS.
For example Cyberpunk:

images

Of course there are some exceptions like The Witcher 3 that in the first years sold better on PS4 but late sold better on PC.

But even in that case PS4 made more revenue than PC because the launch sales are the biggest part of the revenue.

MYH3UH6Q2VPNNH5NBQ4XQPCD3A.jpg

Edit - Found a more recent graph for The Witcher 3.

witcher-vendas.jpg

Last edited:

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Ubisoft last quarter…

But they are combining consoles now… before they had PS separated it was always ahead PC.

Here for example Full Year 2019-2020.

You can check others publishers and they are the same.
Most titles sells more on consoles than PC.

That is why even games exclusives to PC moved to consoles like Diablo.

For specific games we got enough evidences from splits in UK and NPD (when they used to give the order of platforms) to know that games sells more on PlayStation than PC.

So there is really not much to go on, the state of PC in 2019-2020 is very different from today. Massively different. Steam numbers increased rapidly following covid in 21.

And btw, Diablo 3 sat a new record for the fastest selling PC game when it released, so it's not like they put Diablo 3 on consoles because they were scared it was gonna flop in sales.

UK is indeed quite a Playstation land despite PC increasing somewhat, sadly lots of digital only games like BG3 didn't release UK PC sales numbers.

However, I still would like numbers instead of just "NPD and UK shows Playstation sells better than PC".

Reactions: Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So there is really not much to go on, the state of PC in 2019-2020 is very different from today. Massively different. Steam numbers increased rapidly following covid in 21.

And btw, Diablo 3 sat a new record for the fastest selling PC game when it released, so it's not like they put Diablo 3 on consoles because they were scared it was gonna flop in sales.

UK is indeed quite a Playstation land despite PC increasing somewhat, sadly lots of digital only games like BG3 didn't release UK PC sales numbers.

However, I still would like numbers instead of just "NPD and UK shows Playstation sells better than PC".
I give you a last quarter split 🤷‍♂️

PS5 is stronger than PS4.
PC had better split before 2019 than today.

For more shocking it seems like… Ubisoft PC sales increased when they left Steam.

It was like 25-35% without Steam.
Dropped to 15-25% with Steam.

I made a post few weeks ago with detail of a decade of previous fiscal years data to kill that myth that Steam give more sales to Ubisoft.

Last edited:

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
I give you a last quarter split 🤷‍♂️

PS5 is stronger than PS4.
PC had better split before 2019 than today.

For more shocking it seems like… Ubisoft PC sales decreased when they back to Steam.

It was like 25-35% without Steam.
Dropped to 15-25% with Steam.
I remember there was a time, but can't find the quarter report, when PC revenue was bigger than console revenue for Ubisoft, but that was many years ago.

Nowadays, Ubisoft releases games on Steam 6+ months after with 67% launch sale, without Steam features like cloud saves and achievements. Smart business strategy /s. Of course noone cares or wants to buy the 3/10 terrible Settlers game without any Steam features.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I remember there was a time, but can't find the quarter report, when PC revenue was bigger than console revenue for Ubisoft, but that was many years ago.

Nowadays, Ubisoft releases games on Steam 6+ months after with 67% launch sale, without Steam features like cloud saves and achievements. Smart business strategy /s. Of course noone cares or wants to buy the 3/10 terrible Settlers game without any Steam features.
At least I checked down to 2013 and it was lower.
From 2018 (when Unisoft stopped to sell games on Steam) PC split increased by around 10% points and that is what they have today.

PS split increased from PS4 to PS5 probably because Xbox decreased.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I found my old post.

Consoles (and you can say PlayStatiom alone too) was always their biggest platform.

Don’t believe everything you read on internet… Ubisoft PC market share increased after they left Steam in average 10 percent points.

2013-2014

PC: 15%
PS: 34%

2014-2015

PC: 12%
PS: 45%

2015-2016

PC: 14%
PS: 45%

2016-2017

PC: 18%
PS4: 41%

2017-2018 (last full year with Steam):

PS4: 42%

2018-2019 (when they started pulling of from Steam):

PC: 27%
PS4: 36%

2019-2020 (fist full year without Steam):

PC: 26%
PS4: 30%

2020-2021:

PC: 23%
PS4: 33%

2021-2022 (they combined all consoles):

PC: 26%
CONSOLES: 60%

2022-2023:

CONSOLES: 40%

It was one of the wisest Ubisoft decisions… increased market share and stopped to pay 30% of the revenue to Steam.

Win-win.
They will never back to Steam day 1 now that they realized how much more they have not being on Steam… more market share, more revenue, more profit.

I can’t see how Sony won’t do the same in few years 🤷‍♂️

PS. All Ubisoft financial data: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/about-us/investors

Edit - Fixed some copy/paste error where I copied Q4 instead fill year so some PC numbers in 2013-2015 was lower than what I posted… I double checked all and everything is accurate with their docs.