Second Hit Piece about PSVR2 in a row

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
When did they promise or market VR for Series X ?
I am pretty positive they'll be doing VR when the time is right. It's smart of them to focus more on the software than VR, because right software is what's lacking for them.

I'd imagine buying out the studios and publishers made them change priorities and made them focus on other things.

But, people don't want to use their brains and look at the bigger picture or even do any kind of critical thinking. But hey, when all they can do is cry and moan about X and why product or brand X is worse than product Y cause of Z what else is there to expect? Their brains are too fried cause they can't think anymore ( not that they were able to think to begin with )

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
to be fair they announced a XBO (no series X) and Oculus partnership back in 2015:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2015/06...artner-to-change-the-face-of-virtual-reality/

Ok, so @ethomaz was wrong, they've never announced or hinted that VR is coming to Series consoles.

Also, to your link:

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Ok, so @ethomaz was wrong, they've never announced or hinted that VR is coming to Series consoles.

Also, to your link:

Adam stop. Your gonna get them enraged...factual information is too dangerous for the soft ones. :p

• thisistheway
Reactions: adamsapple

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

They scrapped any plans a year and change after that One X segment.

But the Windows Mixed Reality headsets got a mixed reception, and prices were cut by as much as half earlier this year. Microsoft had already decided to focus on VR for Windows rather than Xbox at that point, a person aware of Microsoft's discussions said. But the response didn't help, another person said.

My point stands. Microsoft never even had a prototype device, or settled on a hardware partner when they advertised VR on XOX. And Phil Spencer was still hyping up VR despite MS internally deciding against moving forward with VR on xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They never promised anything.
So changing strategies is now considered lying? Reach harder dude. Not enough.

You said they never promised VR. I have shown you the receipts of Phil's quote. Here is it again:

The best place for VR innovation is the PC,” Spencer says. “I think developers should still go focus on the PC, because I think that’s a great place to innovate. What we’re doing… is we’re able to take some of the PC innovation that we see… and bring it to the console space, to enable those magical experiences on Scorpio when it launches.”

Spencer told CNET on Tuesday that the Xbox One X fully supports virtual reality and that their commitment to it hasn't changed.

Phil confirms that VR will be available on Xbox One X "launch."

Can you now accept that you were wrong and Xbox did promise VR at one stage with Xbox One X?

Edit: @Elder Legend - still waiting after ~30-ish hours ☹️

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited: