Second Hit Piece about PSVR2 in a row

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They never promised anything. They said Xbox One X is capable of doing high fidelity VR as far as its capabilities go. They never introduced or advertised an actual product/head device in the first place, so that is not true.

And later Phil said current VR enabling is good, but they prefer to wait until it scales better.

Here is the quote -

"I think that the hardware innovation that’s happening is great and it’s an important enabler, [but] right now, I’m deciding to stay more in the software side of that enablement,” Spencer said during the Wall Street Journal Tech Live event, as reported by Video Games Chronicle. “I believe it will scale better in the long run.”
Wrong. They did.

Spencer told CNET on Tuesday that the Xbox One X fully supports virtual reality and that their commitment to it hasn't changed

Source: https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/phil-spencer-xbox-one-x-still-supports-virtual-reality/

And another:

The best place for VR innovation is the PC,” Spencer says. “I think developers should still go focus on the PC, because I think that’s a great place to innovate. What we’re doing… is we’re able to take some of the PC innovation that we see… and bring it to the console space, to enable those magical experiences on Scorpio when it launches.”

Source: https://www.wired.com/2016/06/xbox-vr-scorpio-phil-spencer/amp

They promised VR, sold their console on the promise of VR, and then gave everyone the middle finger.

They lied.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
don't forget PS5 is leaking :D and other smaller fud.

Phil Spencer has trained his employees and shills well for this gen. Cant beat them, just shit on everything PS does instead.

FUD articles from journalists - Check
The dumbest complaints on every PS exclusive from youtube/twitter ”influencers? - Check
Xbox fans crapping on every fan review/metcritic review for every PS exclusive - Check

I mean you can see the fan reviews, giving 0.0 to a PS excluisve, then 10.0 to Halo and Forza. I dont know how Metacritic allows it.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
sony's up against some pretty evil competition this time, even more so than MS. You have Facebook running smear campaigns for one, and all the other VR knockoffs to boot.

Love how i keep seeing 'It doesn't work on PC' as a negative. :LOL:

PC guys are so jealous of this thing, lol.
VR is dead on PC.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft's marketing machine spreading bullshit again, like clockwork.

Phil’s a genius.
Has had billions more to spend then any other head of video game platform, says shit is the future and doesnt have to proof any of it works, releases the 1st console to not have any exclusive 1st party launch titles. Loves to say this is the best year for Xbox games ever. Constant fails but has an army of ambassadors keeping them in the game with pure BS FUD and online presence. Xbox “fans” worship the guy.

Dont think PS or Nintendo fans have every been like this lol

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Wrong. They did.

Source: https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/phil-spencer-xbox-one-x-still-supports-virtual-reality/

And another:

Source: https://www.wired.com/2016/06/xbox-vr-scorpio-phil-spencer/amp

They promised VR, sold their console on the promise of VR, and then gave everyone the middle finger.

They lied.
breaking bad series GIF

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So changing strategies is now considered lying? Reach harder dude. Not enough.
What? That's not changing strategies. That's misleading people who want to invest in your ecosystem based on the promise of features you never planned to implement. Show me evidence that MS had VR planned for xbox and scrapped it internally. They never did. Phil simply spoke out of his ass because xbox faithful will eat any lie he spouts.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Isn't it funny that we see such a glut of articles about why all of Sony's products/content isn't as good as people think, while on the other side of the aisle we just see constant excuses about Microsoft not needing content? And then when something finally drops it's the new secret GotY?

It's so transparent, and the people engaging on that level on this board look like complete clowns.

Glut of articles ? it's the 'second hit piece' according to the topic title itself.

Are y'all gonna be similarly hyperbolic and self-victimizing each time something negative against Sony/PS comes up ?

😅

What? That's not changing strategies. That's misleading people who want to invest in your ecosystem based on the promise of features you never planned to implement. Show me evidence that MS had VR planned for xbox and scrapped it internally. They never did. Phil simply spoke out of his ass because xbox faithful will eat any lie he spouts.

They scrapped any plans a year and change after that One X segment.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
How is this snarky?

This is what Microsoft is doing, stop fucking defending them all the time.

Stop watching Colt Eastwood videos FFS.
I never watch him, I never liked the guy and I am not defending anyone, I am simply stating my opinion. And why do you care so much and why are you so triggered ? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today ? Billy bob, relax.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I never watch him, I never liked the guy and I am not defending anyone, I am simply stating my opi ion. And why do you care so much and why are you so triggered ? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today ? Billy bob, relax.
Breath my Friend,

face kid GIF

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

They scrapped any plans a year and change after that One X segment.
They scrapped any plans in 2018 but still build and marketed VR to sell Series X?
That should be even worst lol

I have no ideia how you guys can still believe in these paid articles and still post them.
Because the article says it was scrapped but in 2020 Uncle Phil boasted VR as of the main marketing things of Series X reveal.

Logic, common sense, coherence... did you ever head about these words?
You only don't have them when you lies without base to looks good behind your crowd like Uncle Phil does because his "claims" doesn't fit each other.