Sequel "quality" vs Sequel quantity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
This probably won't make sense, but here it goes...

Instead of taking so long to make a sequel, why aren't more single player games run off the same engine, but tell different stories? Say, we're going to have a few games at this level of tech, but as such we're going to be able to release more games quicker etc?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think it’s a good question and I’m not sure why. Wouldn’t games like Assassins Creed back up what you’re suggesting though? Some places try and crank out the sequels …

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
This probably won't make sense, but here it goes...

Instead of taking so long to make a sequel, why aren't more single player games run off the same engine, but tell different stories? Say, we're going to have a few games at this level of tech, but as such we're going to be able to release more games quicker etc?
Because when they do, people call them DLC.

Reactions: Yobo
OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Tbh im not sure how to phrase what I mean. I do advocate for story-based dlc follow ups like TLOU Left Behind, but I meant more about like... release frequency. I dont see the benefit of waiting 5 odd years or once a generation, gameplay and graphics dont improve that much. You could crank out a few games instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.