Serious question? Do you take gaming, gaming companies, games personal? And get offended when opinions differ from yours?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm just curious about this because so much of what's considered trolling or certain responses you get in some gaming threads just come off personal and if ppl disagree with other ppl I notice it can get offensive.

On my end I lean towards Sony consoles just due to their output and generally their games resonate with me. I feel like my monies worth is just better spent on their services and products but I'm also open to hearing dissesion and critiques. Microsoft and Nintendo tend to make decisions that don't fare well with me and their output just isn't it for me but I respect ppls opinion e.g. "Zelda is one of the best" although that is far from how I feel. Critique Sony honestly for example ppl lately dogging on Jim Ryan with GaaS, when Street Fighter 5 game out with little content I agreed with the negativity, etc.. Some ppl however take their gaming preference as a holy grail that cannot be judged or critiqued, it's weird.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nah, I may argue with people but I'm perfectly ok with people having other opinions and debating with them.

But what I don't get and I can't stand is when people reject reality and factual info because doesn't match with their personal opinion.

Like companies sharing numbers or mentioning they've been working on certan project after certain other project and then people here saying stuff like these games don't exist and that this company/dev is lying, or that these numbers aren't real.

They prefer to believe instead unconfirmed rumors/supossed leaks from random annonymous and unproven Twitter/4chan/Reddit or annonimous gaming 'journalist' 'sources' with a very bad or no track record leaking stuff particularly from that company/studio.

That goes to the point that they deny the existence of games already published, announced, shown, or mentioned in their LinkedIn, interviews, fiscal reports, public statements in their official press releases/blogs/social media etc.

I think that the normal thing is to accept all that factual data, and later say that you like or dislike it, to say that you think that news are a good or bad move, to guess that their next movement will be this or that, etc. But it makes me mad is when people reject the factual data acting as if it wouldn't exist because it doesn't fit their narrative and personal opnion.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not at all, but I know some people that do and they need mental help or a long break from gaming spaces. Like this clown:

F6_RX9DW8AAa9re.png

Last edited:

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Some people are just retarded

3QGez6p.gif

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
No. You shouldnt defend any proofit-driven company, regardless of how much you like their products.

I think people should own all consoles if they had the chance.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: catchew
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No. You shouldnt defend any proofit-driven company, regardless of how much you like their products.

I think people should own all consoles if they had the chance.
I don't agree with the blanket statement thst people should own all consoles. I have ps, Xbox s, switch but I regret several purchases because of certain output and policies. It's OK for ppl to like what they like and take a stand with their wallet when they don't like something. They don't need to own all consoles they should support what they like and not support what they don't. I am missing absolutely nothing imo not owning latest Xbox nor do I want to support them given the moves they are making. I dont support Nintendo that much either especially since I hate their outdated hardware and static prices on games even if they are years old, I feel they are taking advantage of consumers. In same breathe I'm seriously mulling over whether I should resubscribe to psplus bcus of the price hike. I dknt believe in blindly following or buying anything for the sake of gaming.

Last edited:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I don't agree with the blanket statement thst people should own all consoles. I have ps, Xbox s, switch but I regret several purchases because of certain output and policies. It's OK for ppl to like what they like and take a stand with their wallet when they don't like something. They don't need to own all consoles they should support what they like and not support what they don't. I am missing absolutely nothing imo not owning latest Xbox nor do I want to support them given the moves they are making. I dknt support Nintendo that much either especially since I hate their outdated hardware and static oryces on games even if they are years old, I feel they are taking advantage of consumers. In same breathe I'm seriously mulling over whether I should resubscribe to psplus bcus of the price hike. I dknt believe in blindly following or buying anything for the sake of gaming.

Xbox still has some exclusives. So if you really want to play some of their exclusives, you need either a PC or a Series X/S. There´s also Game Pass and xCloud, which is great tbf.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don’t get offended at different opinions when they are really opinions.

But I laugh at bullshit opinions.

Eg.
If somebody says I have an ugly penis… that is an opinion and it is fine… I will just disagree because my penis is beautiful.

But if somebody says I have a pretty vagina I will just laugh at him… it is a bullshit opinion and needs to receive how many laughs to make the guy realize something he said was very wrong.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don’t get offended at different opinions when they are really opinions.

But I laugh at bullshit opinions.

Eg.
If somebody says I have an ugly penis… that is an opinion and it is fine… I will just disagree because my penis is beautiful.

But if somebody says I have a pretty vagina I will just laugh at him… it is a bullshit opinion and needs to receive how many laughs to make the guy feels something he said was wrong.
Ethoz you never fail the make me laugh 😂

• Shake
Reactions: ethomaz

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I just dont like Microsoft for a very long list of reasons, i have both Nintendo and Sony consoles i don't mind. I don't really game on PC outside of emulators.

Never been all that into Mobile gaming

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I just dont like Microsoft for a very long list of reasons, i have both Nintendo and Sony consoles i don't mind. I don't really game on PC outside of emulators.

Never been all that into Mobile gaming
I Def hear you.