Serious question? Do you take gaming, gaming companies, games personal? And get offended when opinions differ from yours?

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I do not get offended over differing opinions, I am annoyed when people do not accept facts and are not willing to call out BS moves when a company makes them. I lean heavily towards Sony ( with some side playtime on PC and Steam Deck), but the FACT is that Sony is better than MS, looking purely from a customer's viewpoint. Better games ( you can argue that is a subjective matter, but when the overwhelming majority of the gaming community agrees, that is the truth), better impact on the industry ( no snatching up IPs from 3rd party that were multiplat for decades, organic growth of studios and IPs), great accessibility options in first party games, better controllers ( the haptics are great on the DualSense), no massive push for digital only etc.

What I do not like about Sony is they copy some negative stuff from MS ( paying for online games for example) and they have been the first of the big three ( MS, Sony, Nintendo) to increase game prices to 70 dollars and they charge for upgrades. Their PS plus Premium offering is horrible.

MS has Gamepass and while it is great that you get games day one, for a fraction of the price, MS has no successful 1st party titles in the last decade and I believe that GP is off putting to most devs. They are better in backwards compatibility though. This does not mean that there are no people that enjoy MS games and hardware, and there is nothing wrong in liking anything, but the fact of the matter is Sony is better.

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023
not particularly, it’s the disingenuous astroturfer types that irritate me though so that mostly has me being labeled as anti-Xbox even though I actually really liked Xbox since the OG and then winning a 360 before launch from the Mountain Dew contest was amazing; it wasn’t until half-way through the 360 gen (coincidentally around the time Spencer took over as head of XGS) that I felt like they lost their way, I’d love for Xbox to get back to those days and be proper competition

honestly one of the reasons I ended up coming here was the uncontrolled deluge of vomit posts from the evangelists that has made discussing anything related to PlayStation or Xbox on GAF completely tiresome, and it’s blatantly obvious since they NEVER admit something Xbox did was wrong (in fact when Xbox fucks something up only to walk it back after backlash they just switch from acting like it’s no big deal to praising Xbox for ‘listening’ 🙄)

meanwhile the PlayStation fanboys are most likely the ones leading the charge criticizing the brand, to the point that I used to joke that the only people that hate Jim Ryan more than Xbox fanboys are the PlayStation fanboys, but you’ll never see the reverse of that (Phil Spencer is treated like a deity by the Xbox community)

edit: I should note I no longer own an Xbox (well besides my Halo 4 themed 360), I ended up selling the Series X a couple months back because I almost never touched the thing, instead I recently bought a ROG Ally (to balance out my Steam Deck) and I aside from the enhanced BC (which I do think was one of the good things Xbox has done in the past decade or so) I don’t really miss the Xbox

I mostly game now on my PS5 or Steam Deck while I have a Switch for Nintendo exclusives, I’ll likely get a Series X again down the road when it’s cheaper just for the BC, it’s not as pressing since I ended up getting a proper UHD BR player instead

Last edited:

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
not particularly, it’s the disingenuous astroturfer types that irritate me though so that mostly has me being labeled as anti-Xbox even though I actually really liked Xbox since the OG and then winning a 360 before launch from the Mountain Dew contest was amazing; it wasn’t until half-way through the 360 gen (coincidentally around the time Spencer took over as head of XGS) that I felt like they lost their way, I’d love for Xbox to get back to those days and be proper competition

honestly one of the reasons I ended up coming here was the uncontrolled deluge of vomit posts from the evangelists that has made discussing anything related to PlayStation or Xbox on GAF completely tiresome, and it’s blatantly obvious since they NEVER admit something Xbox did was wrong (in fact when Xbox fucks something up only to walk it back after backlash they just switch from acting like it’s no big deal to praising Xbox for ‘listening’ 🙄)

meanwhile the PlayStation fanboys are most likely the ones leading the charge criticizing the brand, to the point that I used to joke that the only people that hate Jim Ryan more than Xbox fanboys are the PlayStation fanboys, but you’ll never see the reverse of that (Phil Spencer is treated like a deity by the Xbox community)

edit: I should note I no longer own an Xbox (well besides my Halo 4 themed 360), I ended up selling the Series X a couple months back because I almost never touched the thing, instead I recently bought a ROG Ally (to balance out my Steam Deck) and I aside from the enhanced BC (which I do think was one of the good things Xbox has done in the past decade or so) I don’t really miss the Xbox

I mostly game now on my PS5 or Steam Deck while I have a Switch for Nintendo exclusives, I’ll likely get a Series X again down the road when it’s cheaper just for the BC, it’s not as pressing since I ended up getting a proper UHD BR player instead
Same. I enjoyed the og and 360, but they've gone massively downhill since. The only reason I can think of for why Phil is still around is that nobody else wants to be in charge of the sinking ship known as xbox.

Reactions: GrayWolf323

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Not at all, but I know some people that do and they need mental help or a long break from gaming spaces. Like this clown:

F6_RX9DW8AAa9re.png

SenjutsuSage is a gentleman and a scholar! /s

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Xbox still has some exclusives. So if you really want to play some of their exclusives, you need either a PC or a Series X/S. There´s also Game Pass and xCloud, which is great tbf.
When Microsoft starts releasing games I like I will just get them on Steam so I won't have to pay for Xbox Live seems like a no brainer

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I don't know why but people saying incorrect stuff just pisses me off, specifically about Nintendo. Its not about matters of taste or liking the wrong thing but it comes down to laziness and ignorance when people do shit like the following:

Misstate who owns what in regards to Rare's Nintendo games and IP.
Say that 2D and 3D Mario are developed by the same team.
Count Mario spinoffs as "Mario games" when people talk about how long its been since one has released.
Get things wrong in regards to details of the "Nintendo Playstation" or, to a lesser extent, the "Atari NES."
Count pack-in titles when talking about all time sales figures, specifically in regards to the grossly inflated sales numbers of the original SMB (they seem to count the multi-title carts towards that total when as a game collector I can assure you that they aren't.)

Edit: Anorher one, I hate pirates trying to justify it for game preservation when the only games they try to "preserve" are super common shit like Zelda LttP. Nice try buddy but not only are there millions of copies of that, its also readily available on NSO and Nintendo has one of the longest and strongest internal preservation records in all of games. Get back to me when you want to talk about preserving rare Commadore or BBC Micro stuff.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Count Mario spinoffs as "Mario games" when people talk about how long its been since one has released.
They're all just Mario games to me, how do you even differentiate? Mario Galaxy, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Wonder.... which one is the main game and which one is the spin-off? Or are all of these main games? Do 2D and 3D Mario games have their own subset of main games and spinoffs? What about Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They're all just Mario games to me, how do you even differentiate? Mario Galaxy, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Wonder.... which one is the main game and which one is the spin-off? Or are all of these main games? Do 2D and 3D Mario games have their own subset of main games and spinoffs? What about Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games?
Galaxy and Odyssey are the main series, that team has been together since the 80s, even moving from Kyoto to Tokyo as a (reduced in size) group. The modern 2D games are a seperate thing, made by a seperate group. Mario and Sonic is secretly a Sega game that Mario guest-stars in (proof, they released a mobile port with all of the Mario stuff removed last time.) But my real ire was directed at people counting Mario sports in discussion of when Mario is coming. When people say they want a new Mario game they aren't talking about tennis, or will specify if they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer