Several developers have announced that they have been laid off from PlayStation's Visual Arts group.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Lol, that actually totally makes sense.

We all have to hope Sony is trying a new approach for some of these titles, as in, they won’t announce them until they are 6 months or year away From being released.
A bit like TLOU Remake, they announced it quick and it was released pretty soon after. Like way less than 6 months.

It might be wishful thinking though, because they also showed us Concord And Marathon and they have no release dates. And they showed us GT7, GOW R, Horizon 2, Wolverine and Spiderman 2 all years before release.

So…. Lets hope they will have the TLOU Remake approach, surprise announcement with quick release within 6 months.
Otherwise Jim and Hermen deserve to be ridiculed.

2024 will be the year to see if Jim and Hermen are the worst president and Head of PS studios duo or decent pair….

The answer is simple: all games released by PS Studios this gen have been in development since before Jimbo and Hermen. Even the PS5 is not Jimbo's creation, yet people give him all the credit.

His effect in playstation is just beginning now, 2023 was the worst year in almost a decade in terms of first party releases, and I expect 2024 to be even worse. Most of their studios are stuck working on live service crap, including sucker punch and bend.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The answer is simple: all games released by PS Studios this gen have been in development since before Jimbo and Hermen. Even the PS5 is not Jimbo's creation, yet people give him all the credit.

His effect in playstation is just beginning now, 2023 was the worst year in almost a decade in terms of first party releases, and I expect 2024 to be even worse. Most of their studios are stuck working on live service crap, including sucker punch and bend.
Im curious to see how 2024 pans out.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why is he taking 4 years to add a multiplayer mode?
He is not adding a multiplayer mode, they are making a brand new (multiplayer) game that according to him is going the largest game their studio ever made.

The original seed of the game was the TLOU2 MP mode, but they had many ideas for it that couldn't fit in only a MP mode, so they were going to cut them. To branch it off to a separate, brand new and full sized standalone game it allowed them not only to include all these ideas, but to add more on top.

Reactions: Kokoloko
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Not really, im just stating the best Uncharted games are with Bruce involved.

The Soul Reaver series is great. But U4, Tlou, Tlou2 better than the other games in my opinion. Arguably Uncharted 2 is the only one thats as good or better than them And Bruce was involved in that.
I love them both but Ive got TLOU just above it, but depends on my mood.

Either way, anyone saying Druckman is bad is just convincing themselves, he’s also worked on hit after hit. He is the father of Ellie and Joel lol
No he isn't the last of us was heavily edited from Neil's original concept the only reason it got made was because of other talented writers

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
He is not adding a multiplayer mode, they are making a brand new (multiplayer) game that according to him is going the largest game their studio ever made.

The original seed of the game was the TLOU2 MP mode, but they had many ideas for it that couldn't fit in only a MP mode, so they were going to cut them. To branch it off to a separate, brand new and full sized standalone game it allowed them not only to include all these ideas, but to add more on top.
Correct.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
No he isn't the last of us was heavily edited from Neil's original concept the only reason it got made was because of other talented writers
Neil Druckmann and Kojima are two biggest hacks in the industry, change my mind.

These cunts always have the mindset that they are ateurs or some shit. Especially Kojima, that fucker sucks his own dick every days I bet.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They were a support group used for motion capture/recording as well as some sort of technical support. They were rumored to be working on a new Uncharted. they're not a full development studio, though.

These layoffs were announced months ago. Some people were kept on a little while longer.

I think this is just your contractual layoffs after big projects, like Spiderman are finished.

Shame, really. I wish people kept their jobs, especially them man mentioned in the tweet because he seemed pretty happy working there.
According to one of their lead devs (I forget his name, Jaffe talked about him) they were trying to break out into more than just a support studio and take on a full project by themselves, that dude left when the project was rejected

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Neil Druckmann and Kojima are two biggest hacks in the industry, change my mind.

These cunts always have the mindset that they are ateurs or some shit. Especially Kojima, that fucker sucks his own dick every days I bet.

Looks like you made up your own mind.

MGS, TLOu are amongst the best games ever in my opinion.

I couldnt care about there personalities, they are not harming anyone or saying too much.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
& if anyone says she wrote forspoken you're ignorant af she didn't write it she did the original story concept which was heavily edited because it wasn't woke enough

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
He originally wanted the last of us to be a black police officer & a random white girl
Bruce I I'm sure more passionate people at naught dog saved it from the grave yard but people praise druckmann as the lord & saviour imof tlou & naughty dog no you came up with a post apocalyptic world which we all could've done the characters that we loved were created& written by Bruce & others that don't get credit

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ksdixon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
& if anyone says she wrote forspoken you're ignorant af she didn't write it she did the original story concept which was heavily edited because it wasn't woke enough
Lol, how is it ignorant af? Its basic information, not everyone is gonna deep dive into. But thanks for letting us know…