Shinobi602: Developer/Leaker- "Reafirms Playstation Studios have a lot ready to be Shown"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Shinobi works for Wushu studios among other places. Guy has called a shit ton of stuff and was the original person to leak Horizon:Zero dawn before announcement.

Guy knows his studios and talks to Sony Developers on the regular.
Yes, he did leak Horizon. I don't deny that he may know people and stuff. I only say that what these people say shouldn't be taken as gospel and instead people should be skeptical with them because they have been wrong many times. Specially when they make just a personal guess and people take it as a leak.

In this case he only said according to the OP "I don't know what Sony's exact plans are when it comes to a showcase or State of Plays and all that. But I know a good amount of teams are at a point where things are certainly ready to be shown.".

We all know, without needing to be insiders, that Sony has over 25 games under development and that some of them like Helldivers 2 and the Firewalk game have been under development during a ton of years so it's likely that they'll show them soon. And also know that some games that are supposed to be released soon (Spiderman 2, TLOU etc) will be shown soon becaus SM2 releases in 2023 and they said that were going to share more about TLOU online early this year.

So yes, as usual 4 or 5, maybe around half a dozen Sony games will be ready to debut gameplay, or if unannoounced to get announced in their next event. Probably a few more are ready, but in recent years Sony often prefers to spread their announcements across the year.

So I'm skeptical on seeing them showing a good amount of announcements, more than usual in these kind of events (which would be what I expect, 2 or 3 Sony game announcements and 2 or 3 gameplay reveals of Sony games they already announced but still didn't show). I'd love to be wrong and see a lot of new games, but maybe that would mean that then after the event they'd need a lot of time to have something else cool to annoumce.

He knows Firesprite, he was the one who leaked Twisted Metal, he knew Gureilla Games new title almost a year before it was shown/announced.
As I remember Jeff Grubb was the one who started the Twisted Metal rumor in 2021, months later Tom Henderson mentioned 2023 as release date for it, and in 2022 VGC was the one who said back in February 2022 that Firesprite got the supposed Twisted Metal that was previously rumored as being developed at Lucid. Tom Henderson said that very likely the new Twisted Metal was going to be announced in 2022.

Seeing that a TV show is being made, would make sense to make a new game or remake too. And that Lucid or Firesprite would make sense as devs due to their pedigree in car games. But what seems weird for me is that when they greenlighted Destruction All Stars why they didn't use the Twisted Metal IP there instead of that weak new IP.

Maybe it was because they already considered that nowadays not enough people care about it, but after getting the tv adaptation signed they thought it was a good chance to release also a game. And well, after seeing what happened with TLOU now even more. But obviously with moderate expectations since Twisted Metal isn't at the same level than TLOU by any metric.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I highly doubt it, I bet it's bullshit.

In the last 2-3 years most of them released games or started their current projects, and considering AAA games now take 5-6+ years and that Sony now doesn't announce games until they are a year and a half or less from release (in fact the ones of 18 months are rare cases) makes me think there are only a few ready to be shown.

On top of that, Sony now prefers to spread their game announcements across the year.

I wouldn't expect to see in the next State of Play (the summer/'E3 one') more than a couple Sony game announcements, and maybe also gameplay debut of a couple already announced games like TLOU Online, Spider-Man 2 or Wolverine.

I don't see Sony announcing over half a dozen games in the same event.
I really can't imagine them having Ghost 2 ready in just 4 years, with those 4 years including a generational leap and covid.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Yep, cheap and effective. Just like Nintendo does.
The time for these "world premiere" silly events is over.
Make a social tab on PS5 menu next to the games and media ones.

Throw all manner of notification/stat like trophies, peoples "live from PlayStation" brag clips/media uploads/live streams, like PS4 had, cards/trophies, notifications, game-follow updates, have that content filter for message type.

Drop trailers and dev diaries in their too.

Then add a PS Tournaments blade too, with your content feed is just be games you follow etc.

You can cleanup the wider PS5 UI, but never dip into those 2x new tabs if I don't want to. But if they drove people there rather than to social media or trailer shows, I feel they'd make that focus with PS breaking news/best place to play. The social media reactions and articles will follow anyway.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Make a social tab on PS5 menu next to the games and media ones.

Throw all manner of notification/stat like trophies, peoples "live from PlayStation" brag clips/media uploads/live streams, like PS4 had, cards/trophies, notifications, game-follow updates, have that content filter for message type.

Drop trailers and dev diaries in their too.

Then add a PS Tournaments blade too, with your content feed is just be games you follow etc.

You can cleanup the wider PS5 UI, but never dip into those 2x new tabs if I don't want to. But if they drove people there rather than to social media or trailer shows, I feel they'd make that focus with PS breaking news/best place to play. The social media reactions and articles will follow anyway.
Wrong thread?

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Playstation are coasting to record sales and profits xbox are not putting them under any pressure at all. Sony can afford to drip feed game reveals as and when they feel like it.
Lol its not coasting. It's them doing their job. This not. Soap opera/gossip.coloumn.They will release games & news when they are ready. The only people wanting news frequently are weirdo's, YouTubers scrounging around for content to make their channel relevant. Instead of actually reviewing,playing games.

Nobody is calling Nike coasting they release plenty of shoes as well as collaboration shoes. We just wait until they drop them and let them run their campaign. Fashion,street wear are a much better community in that aspect. They really review down to design,material & dig deep. They don't put on these silly takes of ,no pressure ,coasting any other nonsense.

And Nobody puts Sony under pressure but themselves. This a multi billion dollar division.Thier studios are spending 100million + they have plenty pressure. I think people need to ease up on takes. Stuff will happen when it's ready. The consoles primary purpose is to play games. And there's plenty releasing go play the games. Announcements will happen in due time. You don't do that you are gonna end up like these crazy xboxts with alarming post that look like they need mental help.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I really can't imagine them having Ghost 2 ready in just 4 years, with those 4 years including a generational leap and covid.
Yep, I think that after GoT they splitted their team into several ones: one to work in Legends, other one on the DC/DLC+PS5 (+maybe something to help whoever may do the port) version and other one to start on the GoT2 preproduction.

I assume that after the they had Legends and the DC done everyone focused on GoT2, with maybe part of the team starting to work on a more ambitious Legends 2 that could maybe even end as a standalone game, pretty likely with a GaaS focus. That would require extra time. The jump to the next engine visuals, as you mention, also require extra time.

We also have to remember that new AAA have on average 5-6 years of development now, and every generation makes de AAA game development longer. So I think it's highly unlike to see GoT released before 2026. I think it's more realistic to expect it as a 2026 or even 2027 game.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Wrong thread?
Mostly, lol, I ended up talking mostly PS5 UI.

I was trying to say I think Sony could forgoe E3 events and State Of Plays, and cultivate a "breaking news/live from PS5" type of social space for PS news and announcements. Everyone else's articles and tweet cycles will follow anyway. But in the mean time people wanna be on their cleaned-up streamlined PS5/PS(4)P/PS App.

I don't usually do all that myself, but when I do get interested in friends trophies or something, everything is disjointed and spread out. With some refinement Sony could really present themselves with more polish (redundant sentence I suppose, but you know what I mean).

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I was trying to say I think Sony could forgoe E3 events and State Of Plays, and cultivate a "breaking news/live from PS5" type of social space for PS news and announcements.
Well, they already have the PS blog and their youtube channel.