Shpeshal_Nick: Uncharted Drake fortune Remake is in the works

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GFeuATNagAAW0BM

This report comes from Nick Baker of Xbox Era. The leaker has had a great track record, recently revealing nearly every game showcased in PlayStation’s latest State of Play.

Therefore, this leak might prove to be accurate. The insider also revealed that Sony’s recent focus is on making more remakes, with a similar plan for the original God of War trilogy.
Source

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Just fucking why? Can we got some new games from that studio?
In fairness, this is arguably the only one in the series that could use a remake. I love it, was my first PS3 game, but the mechanics and gameplay compared to pretty much every sequel is a bit rough.

So long as that doesn't interfere with the new IP's production, I don't see why not.

(But holy hell, they really need to say more about it and fast.)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As long as its not ND making it then thats great.

Uncharted 1 needs a remake compared to the others.
Its just before ND reached God tier with Uncharted 2 and TLOU

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So long as that doesn't interfere with the new IP's production, I don't see why not.
How would it not?

I welcome this remake if it's made by a contracted studio, if it's ND or Bend doing it I have no words for disappointed I'll be.

Just hire a studio like Ready at Dawn or Eidos Montreal to remake Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and if they do a great job allow them to create a new Uncharted of their own. Creating a new studio to handle these games would also be a good strategy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
What do u mean why! The game is old and uncharted 1&2 could definitely benefit from being remade. Also I are getting new games. DS2, kojima new ip, Concord, Fairgame, helldivers2, Cory’s new game, ND new ip, lou3, ghost2, wolverine, X-men, venom, new survival horror from Firesprite, bend new ip, London new ip, asobi new game, horizon 3, horizon multiplayer, new gow, blue point next game, housemarque, marathon. This is just the stuff that’s been confirmed! Why do u guys act like no games are in development every time a remake or something leaks? No one is saying that’s the only game that’s come. Aside from what’s confirmed there are so many rumors of other stuff coming. First 3 months of this yr is stacked. The year just started and ppl are already complaining over nothing. We got 5 Sony first prty games revealed last showcase we will get more this year as well.
Uncharted one didn’t sell that great compared to the other games and even the remakes still seemed dated in graphics and controls. It could definitely benefit from being remade. If u don’t want to buy it that’s fine if u don’t like it that’s also fine but let’s not use it as an excuse to complain there aren’t any huge games being developed for ps5 and beyond. Dev cycles are longer I’m not sure what about that this community doesn’t understand. Death Stranding 1 too like 3 1/2 yrs. Death stranding 2 it’s going be 6 yrs to complete. That’s just reality now and complaining about it isn’t going to make games come any quicker.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They released their last new game 4 years ago, and cancelled TLOU Online, which was likely planned to be released next year. ND is working on minimum 2 new SP games, so not counting this one if real.

If real -I think it's likely-, it would be done mostly by external studios, as happened with the other ND remasters and remakes. People like their Visual Arts team from San Diego, Nixxes, Iron Galaxy, etc.

Remakes and remasters are way cheaper and faster to be made than new games, are pretty profitable, help them as fillers for the wait until their next big game, it's good to train juniors and in terms of business they are good for the new players they can get in PS5 (around half of users were new to PS) and PC.

An important part of these new players will be lured via movies and tv shows of their popular IPs. GoW and Uncharted are two of the biggest ones, so they need to update the origins of the series to keep them fresh for the new audience that is coming and will come from there.

Imagine Uncharted 1 with Uncharted 4's gameplay.
I'd use an evolved/updated version of TLOUP2's gameplay instead.

Or heck, maybe this is what Bluepoint's been working on.
The whole Bluepoint team was working on Demon's Souls, and after it GoWR (not in Valhalla). Their boss said they had moved away from remasters and remakes and that inside Sony were going to work on original new content instead (their first project was GoWR).

They don't have enough game designers to lead their own AAA, so until they build a big enough design team they'll continue as support team in new AAA games leaded by some other studio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
What do u mean why! The game is old and uncharted 1&2 could definitely benefit from being remade. Also I are getting new games. DS2, kojima new ip, Concord, Fairgame, helldivers2, Cory’s new game, ND new ip, lou3, ghost2, wolverine, X-men, venom, new survival horror from Firesprite, bend new ip, London new ip, asobi new game, horizon 3, horizon multiplayer, new gow, blue point next game, housemarque, marathon. This is just the stuff that’s been confirmed! Why do u guys act like no games are in development every time a remake or something leaks? No one is saying that’s the only game that’s come. Aside from what’s confirmed there are so many rumors of other stuff coming. First 3 months of this yr is stacked. The year just started and ppl are already complaining over nothing. We got 5 Sony first prty games revealed last showcase we will get more this year as well.
Uncharted one didn’t sell that great compared to the other games and even the remakes still seemed dated in graphics and controls. It could definitely benefit from being remade. If u don’t want to buy it that’s fine if u don’t like it that’s also fine but let’s not use it as an excuse to complain there aren’t any huge games being developed for ps5 and beyond. Dev cycles are longer I’m not sure what about that this community doesn’t understand. Death Stranding 1 too like 3 1/2 yrs. Death stranding 2 it’s going be 6 yrs to complete. That’s just reality now and complaining about it isn’t going to make games come any quicker.
Let's remake all PS3 era games then. And when we're done with that, let's start remaking PS4 era games because we'll have a PS6 by then and those games will be old, right?

Where to we draw the line? Uncharted is perfectly playable. It's available on current gen consoles in a bundle.

Wouldn't you rather get a new Uncharted game than a remake of one you already played?

Take this with the info that Sony's remaking the first Horizon and you have to ask yourself what they're all thinking over there.