Shpeshal_Nick: Uncharted Drake fortune Remake is in the works

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Remake Resistance, Killzone, Socom, Cole game. Wtf with these ND games gaming all budget
SOCOM may not even be able to come back. I believe they need explicit permission from U.S. Special Operations Command to use the name, and if they're not interested in letting them use it, then they'd have to effectively completely rebrand the games. Has anyone even looked into that?

• sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1154

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1154

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The only uncharted thing they need be remaking is the GOAT Multiplayer from Uncharted 3.

What is the point of remaking a mediocre TPS... The only good thing would be seeing Eddy Raja in 4K 😂

• Peachy
Reactions: Cool hand luke

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Remake Resistance, Killzone, Socom, Cole game. Wtf with these ND games gaming all budget
Who says those games aren’t being remade? Also games that take priority are usually those that sell well or those that are linked to another project like a movie/tv show like in the case of until dawn, rumored gow trilogy remakes, Lou1-2 remake remaster, hzd remaster. All those projects have tv or movies coming. 30% of ps5 owners never owned a ps4 also these cross media projects will bring new fans to the platform who never experienced these games. Remasters and remakes are more appealing to new audiences. A lot of these games be remakes and remastered have not age well at all. Ppl need to chill and let ps cook.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The whole Bluepoint team was working on Demon's Souls, and after it GoWR (not in Valhalla). Their boss said they had moved away from remasters and remakes and that inside Sony were going to work on original new content instead (their first project was GoWR).
Why did they do that xmas tweet hinting at remakes of another game? The riddle tweet, with symphony and filter, and metal gear etc.

They were so good at remakes, probably the best in the business, I wish they remade another classic

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Id love a Resistance remaster, Socom remake. But Id also love a Remake of Uncharted 1 done like Uncharted 2/4. Uncharted 1 wasnt on that level.
Also Jak and Daxter sequel lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Just fucking why? Can we got some new games from that studio?
Please stop with the remakes. What is going on?

It better not be one of their internal studios behind this.
Naughty Dog is the New Bluepoint
I can’t believe ya’ll are really believing this clown who makes shit up as he goes for clicks. Shame on ya’ll. SMH.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I can’t believe ya’ll are really believing this clown who makes shit up as he goes for clicks. Shame on ya’ll. SMH.

This. It’s like everyone was here when he obviously copy and pasted the state of play list from that discord and got everything else he leaked wrong but now its convenient t give him credit for it to believe another rumor. People want to believe anything to have something to talk about I guess.

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Reactions: AshHunter216
24 Jun 2022
Please make this dude a banned source at this point. He has no insider credentials, just a hanger-on of others who have slightly more credentials.

Also that sunofabich wasn't the source of the SOP rumors, it was Nate The Hate and I think someone else. Nick ran with it online to take the credit as if it was his own. Dude's corny AF.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Please make this dude a banned source at this point. He has no insider credentials, just a hanger-on of others who have slightly more credentials.

Also that sunofabich wasn't the source of the SOP rumors, it was Nate The Hate and I think someone else. Nick ran with it online to take the credit as if it was his own. Dude's corny AF.
This should happen, the same with Jez.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
They will just barely get away with this due to how the shooting sections are mostly a slog. A carryover from the previous gen for sure.

I watch replays on YouTube occasionally for some nice PS3 era nostalgia. Never will I sit through Drake’s Fortune and play it myself unless it’s remade.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why did they do that xmas tweet hinting at remakes of another game? The riddle tweet, with symphony and filter, and metal gear etc.

They were so good at remakes, probably the best in the business, I wish they remade another classic
Seems you are wrongly assuming they were hinting remakes and it wasn't the case. Pretty likely was just the CM wanting some attention.

Time later, after signing the acquisition their boss said they moved away from remakes and remasters and that were going to focus instead on original new content instead.

After being acquired, like all the other Sony teams they are growing. As of now they're around 80 people, so not enough to be working on multiple games at the same time.

They did work on Demon's Souls, later GoWR and now in an unknown new game 99% sure as support studio again. If they continue growing, maybe in the future they'll be able to lead their own AAA games. Or who knows, maybe start a second team to work on remakes or remasters. But as of now, seems they'll continue as support team (at least until they grow enough).

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Bring it.

Also Killzone, resistance...its crazy they re sitting on these games instead of making cash and bringing new players creating fans.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They will just barely get away with this due to how the shooting sections are mostly a slog. A carryover from the previous gen for sure.

I watch replays on YouTube occasionally for some nice PS3 era nostalgia. Never will I sit through Drake’s Fortune and play it myself unless it’s remade.
The shooting was already addressed with the Nathan Drake Collection. Honestly a pointless remake if true. This a 7 - 8 hour game that lacks the flair of the rest of the Franchise.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
As if I knew who this guy is. I'm not the one that figured this was worthy of threat, go take your complaint to that person.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Look how mad he is lmfao. Not surprised they will spread even more FUD

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Seems you are wrongly assuming they were hinting remakes and it wasn't the case. Pretty likely was just the CM wanting some attention.

Time later, after signing the acquisition their boss said they moved away from remakes and remasters and that were going to focus instead on original new content instead.

After being acquired, like all the other Sony teams they are growing. As of now they're around 80 people, so not enough to be working on multiple games at the same time.

They did work on Demon's Souls, later GoWR and now in an unknown new game 99% sure as support studio again. If they continue growing, maybe in the future they'll be able to lead their own AAA games. Or who knows, maybe start a second team to work on remakes or remasters. But as of now, seems they'll continue as support team (at least until they grow enough).

I wasnt the only one.
Its distasteful if thats true.

I wish they just made remakes for now. They had a talent for it. They did Demons Souls in 2 years. We probably would of had 2 more games by now after Demons Souls

Reactions: Gamernyc78