• PS5

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Ignoring MLB since they were published every year on both.
Only including games published by Sony.
Ignoring remaster, rereleases and VR games.

New IPs are underlined.
Blue ones have not been ported to PC as of this moment.

PS5
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls
Destruction AllStars

Returnal

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
The Last of Us Part I
Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Crossgen:
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7
God of War Ragnarök
PS4
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Driveclub

Infamous Second Son
The Playroom
Bloodborne
The Order: 1886
Until Dawn

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Ratchet & Clank
The Last Guardian
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Alienation
The Tomorrow Children

Hardware: Rivals

Guns Up!
Fat Princess Adventures

Crossgen:

Doki-Doki Universe
Resogun

LittleBigPlanet 3
Entwined
Singstar

Hohokum
Helldivers

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
iwata-please-understand.gif

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I would like to see Alienation get the Helldivers 2 treatment. It's one of my favorite top down games, can you imagine playing Alienation in a 3rd person perspective like Helldivers 2 OMG that would be insane.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There was a lot of fodder in the PS4 list but SIE estudios despite being considerable smaller at that time was very productive

They were also porting tons of games to PS4 from PS3 during that time since there was no backwards compatibility. PSVR also released on both at around the same time and until 2015 Sony was still supporting the PS Vita.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don't have much hope the list will get better for PS5.

The bean counter who is devoid of any vision, creativity or gaming industry experience hiroki totoki wants to focus on things that won't improve the lack of exclusive games situation.

Question is how much damage can the bean counter do in his short(i hope) tenure?

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't have much hope the list will get better for PS5.

The bean counter who is devoid of any vision, creativity or gaming industry experience hiroki totoki wants to focus on things that won't improve the lack of exclusive games situation.

Question is how much damage can the bean counter do in his short(i hope) tenure?
To think that PS4 was the follow up to the PS3 and PSVita while the PS5 is following up the PS4...

I never expected things to slow down so much. Sony strategy is pretty clear, pretty much AAA, GaaS or bust. Using temporary exclusives as a crutch and on top of that porting everything to PC.

Also, now, just like every other publisher they are scared of new IPs. Sony used to be the exception when it came to this.

This Totoki guy is going to be the boss of whoever end up being the new President/CEO and the new guy will probably be handpicked by him. These bean counters are likelly going to destroy Sony and PlayStation in the long run.

Last edited:

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
To think that PS4 was the follow up to the PS3 and PSVita while the PS5 is following up the PS4...

I never expected things to slow down so much. Sony strategy is pretty clear, pretty much AAA, GaaS or bust. Using temporary exclusives as a crutch and on top of that porting everything to PC.

Also, now, just like every other publisher they are scared of new IPs. Sony used to be the exception when it came to this.

This Totoki guy is going to be the boss of whoever end up being the new President/CEO and the new guy will probably be handpicked by him.
They're pretty willing when it comes to taking risks on new IP imo

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They're pretty willing when it comes to taking risks on new IP imo
So how did they release only a new IP in almost 4 years? Two I guess, if you count Destruction AllStar, I wouldn't since bombed completely and was just a weird low effort attempt.

That is how they used to be, does not seem like that is still the case. Everything gets a sequel and they don't seem to increase investment to make up for that.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
So how did they release only a new IP in almost 4 years? Two I guess, if you count Destruction AllStar, I wouldn't since bombed completely and was just a weird low effort attempt.

That is how they used to be, does not seem like that is still the case. Everything gets a sequel and they don't seem to increase investment to make up for that.
Don't get me wrong, I wish Sony would return to working on more smaller games too but they've confirmed that 55% of first-party titles will be new IP by 2025. PS Studios has been pretty meh overall this gen but the lineup has a ton of new IP:

- Returnal
- Destruction AllStars
- Concord
- Fairgame$
- Naughty Dog are rumored to be working on a new IP
- Bend New IP
- London Studio New IP
- Insomniac New Marvel IPs

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
By the end of the year 2024, is equivalent to 2017.

In 2017 PS4 also got:

Horizon
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Gravity Rush 2
Gran Turismo Sport
Knack 2

For PS5 we might get in 2024:
Concord
Astrobot?

Which is fine if we get that. Ive tested before and spoke to developers who make something like Astrobot, it doesnt take 4+ years, it takes less.

And don’t forget Bluepoint made Demons Souls ( a PS5 only next gen game in 2 years, after Shadow of the Colossus )

They need to either get another studio like Bluepoint who can make remakes that great so quick, or tell Bluepoint to get back to doing that. We could of had 2 high quality Remakes from them since Demons Souls. MGS, Castle SOTN, Syphon Filter, Ico, Uncharted 1, God of War 1, Silent Hill, KillZone, Resistance, Infamous etc etc

Last edited:

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
you include DLC's like
Infamous First Light
Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept
on the PS4 list but don't have Horizon Burning Shores or the new God of War DLC.

Also why did you include Tearaway unfolded and Sound Shapes? I thought you said remasters and rereleases don't count?
you should add The Last of Us Part 2 remastered and Death stranding Director's Cut to the PS5 list to even it out

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Not another disguised ps5 Doomer thread.

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

Id say its good to see the difference.
Hopefully the studios really got sorted and expanded so next gen there is not the same problem again. And they have a work flow closer to Insomniac. Some of these studios, by the time they bring a game out, will be 5-8 years. Thats crazy.

And fingers crossed they have more studios for PS too, AAA and AA games etc.

Reactions: Diah and Box

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. Hard to beat those. As good as Horizon 2 was, only God of War Ragnarok is equal to those
this is a hard one for me because I actually loved Killzone Shadow Fall and Littlebigplanet 3 but then stuff like Astro''s playroom wrecks The playroom. Spider-Man 2 and God of War Ragnarok is above anything on the PS4 list. and Horizon Forbidden West and it's burning Shore's DLC we're both amazing. Until Dawn is another one that really make's it hard for me to just say PS5 tho.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
you include DLC's like
Infamous First Light
Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept
on the PS4 list but don't have Horizon Burning Shores or the new God of War DLC.

Also why did you include Tearaway unfolded and Sound Shapes? I thought you said remasters and rereleases don't count?
you should add The Last of Us Part 2 remastered and Death stranding Director's Cut to the PS5 list to even it out

And then also add TLOU1 Remaster for PS4.
I agree about burning Shores though

But 2017 had some big hits from PS studios compared to 2024’s PS studios games

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
PS4 without a doubt?

Infamous
Resogun
The Order 1886
Until Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4 - multiplayer (ah the days when Naughty Dog could get both out on time) RIP
DriveClub
Ratchet

PS5 - has Ratchet, Returnal, Demon Souls and Spiderman 2

Now Helldivers

Absolutely the worst PlayStation generation so far.